Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

bunnyman.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Streetroller posted:

Point taken, back to the matter at hand.

is that a legal

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Who ordered the toast, though

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

My sources say that CIG may have to go to court, something to do with Crytek. I'll be posting more soon.

Called it.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

Such a load of poo poo. Confirming what? That for 3 years, you guys spew poo poo about the comings and goings of CIG and they're still able to pull in 170m+, still running their business - still going?

Haha look at this assclown. I posted about this in my last blog, which you can also read on my tweets, and I posted it in Discord for everyone to see again. Wait til you see what's next. Just wait. Wait for it. Just wait for these assclowns to see what comes next.

e:
seriously though, you're right about one thing. It's been like 3 years. And there's no game. And if you think boatloads of money is a solution to every problem, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Propagandist fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 12, 2018

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

My goal is not to try and turn people here, defend CIG from the goons, shill for CIG, protect backers or the like. It's to defenstrate this notion that crowdfunding of this magnitude is bad, that a company that may not have started off surefooted can try and gain some ground in the more recent years and that there exists a possibility of a space simulation that many people want and is for all intents and purposes, attainable. Look: CIG has raised a poo poo ton of money from backers and an unknown amount from private investment. They have positioned themselves around tax hurdles, setup subs to adjust their positions, hedge and play the game (just like any other corporation does), and - iny my opinion - are making efforts to really achieve some semblance of a game that has grown into the scope that it has because of backer demands. I don't think Chris is sitting atop a pile of decisions and yes'ing or no'ing each into oblivion. I think he relies heavily on the advice of Todd, Erin and others for their respective areas and yes - as CEO decides overall direction but leaves a lot of the liberty to the respective heads. As for Crytek: I think CIG would have outright settled if they honestly thought they were in the wrong and "caught" by Crytek (so to speak). Either there are other facets of the agreement(s) that were made that we're just not privy to or they really think CryTek's case isn't strong enough to worry about.

To your point about attacking the arguments of others instead of others directly: I'm not outright attacking anyone. I tried making reasoned arguments but either people thought they were poo poo and stopped responding or felt the need to quash the one outspoken voice in the thread so badly that it just became less and less fun to argue. Now I just poke Smart every once in a while and say a few words here-and-there to gauge what the narrative shifted to week-by-week. One week it's about marketing and Sandi. Another it's about Erin and some Irish Mafia connection. Then it's Archer. Rinse, repeat. It's honestly old. I stopped giving CIG money and am equally as glad that there's no need to buy into and pay for anything more in SA forums. Some of the other threads and topics in the forums are ok - I'll go spend some time there and talk about my fishing kayak, learn a few tips for when I'm at the range next or whatever.

Hi Derek.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Defenastrition

Fidelistration

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

SoftNum posted:

I wonder if CIG pays well.

Depends on what company you work for.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Hey! Who remembers when I totally called this one?

Remember our pandering pal, Leonard French?

Jan 7th, 2018 @ 38:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti4R8JsJa9A

Feb 13, 2018 @ 01:31

https://youtu.be/hioAOD7c2EM

I did say that despite being entitled to his opinions, it seems like he was just pandering to the Cognitive Dissonance of the backer base who have been parroting that nonsense since Dec when he started chiming in on the case.

He is at 60/40. I remain 100% ALL IN that the MtD is going to get DENIED out of hand. What remains to be seen is how much - if any - of it survives at all.

Derek Smart was 60/40 right.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Dooguk posted:

At what kind of range does one use a fishing kayak?

Beet, how far can your dog jump?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Mr Fronts posted:

THE TRIAL

Good morning, Judge, your honour.
Crytek will plainly show
Chris Roberts who now stands before you
Was caught red-handed selling spaceships.
Selling spaceships of a high-fidelitous nature;
This will not do.

(call the warlord)

I always said I'd totally call it
In my July blog post.
If they'd let me loving finish
I'd have burned it down, the end.
But my hands were tired from all
the tweeting and the blogging.
Roberts got away with millions,
Let me revisit how this all started (not MY choice, but now it's war) back in 2015, when their bullshit refund (bad move) closed my account without my having asked for <...4230 words deleted...>

Spaceships,
Gullible nerds will buy spaceships,
We're going whaling.
We keep pretending we're writing a game.
Spaceships,
gullible nerds will buy spaceships.

(call the wife)

You little poo poo you're in it now,
I hope they throw away the key.
You should have put my name
ahead of Gary O, but no!
You had to take forever,
now they'll never see my A-list acting.
Vic's Mom is beneath my station,
Wait, where'd that scene go?!?

(call the master of ships)

Baaaaaaaaaabe!
Come to Benny, baby, let me hold you
In my arms.
M'lud I only wanted him to
remake Wing Commander.
Why'd he ban me from the building?
Judge, your honor, let me feel his hair.

Spaceships,
Millions of dollars of spaceships,
tanks, bikes and land plots.
We even made a door for the cafe,
which looked like a...
spaceship,
gullible nerds will buy spaceships.

(the judge)

The ownage from this Ortwin guy is
incontrovertible,
there's no need to hear
arguments at all.
In all my years of judging
I have never heard before
a smackdown so amazing
it transcends the rule of law.
The way you rekt the critics,
with your canny analytics,
Fills me with the urge to buy an Idris!

Since, Cry-REKT, you're a bunch of no-good geeks,
I sentence you to watch an episode of Bugsmashers every week!
TEAR DOWN THE CODE!
TEAR DOWN THE CODE!
TEAR DOWN THE CODE!
TEAR DOWN THE CODE!

This is a good post and I am appreciative that you posted it. I feel very strongly that others should look at this post as well and enjoy it. For that reason, I am quoting this post and posting it again.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Star Citizen: Beautiful Parpage, the Norwegian Blue.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Did anyone say that Star Citizen was Kickfarted, yet?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

oh my god

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Rad. I do have a serious question though: Are you concerned that goons writing semi-funny reviews will delegitimize the project in the eyes of others? I'd hate for us all to go write our stupid jokes there only for people to be able to more easily dismiss the project as "propaganda" because of it.

Nah, it's fine.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

:aaaaa:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Virtual Captain posted:

"Defendants deduce that Crytek sues out of: wounded
pride resulting from Defendants' move from CryEngine to Lumberyard; rapacity
toward the crowdfunding amounts raised by Defendants to develop and produce the
products; hope that filing this lawsuit will cause Defendants so much distraction and
legal expense that they would rather pay Crytek, a company that has experienced a
significant financial downturn in the last several years, a much-needed infusion of
capital to make the lawsuit go away; and resentment over the fact that many of its
employees abandoned Crytek which could not afford to pay them."

Whaaaa-HAHAHAHAHA

Star Citizen: Wounded Pride

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

tuo posted:

According to Derek, it has to be one of the ripples....like when you slap Ben on the stomach and come back two weeks later.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Sandweed posted:

It's amazing how Derek can post something like "massive walkouts happening" and goons don't even care anymore.
We've know this for months. Because he called it.

Assclown.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

I'm hoping the collapse of the "most crowdfunded thing ever" is the end of crowdfunding. If its burning corpse drags early access down with it, I also wouldn't complain.

Mmm... yeah. That's the good poo poo right there. Top shelf FUD.

buns:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

AutismVaccine posted:

Altered Carbon was ok i guess. Watching Westworld a 2nd time atm. Anyone got a recommendation for scifi/mature theme TV series? (except Black Mirror which i will see nonetheless)

I couldn't watch much Black Mirror. That poo poo hosed me up.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

A 2004-timeframe, 3D-modeled, low-res skin, Nintendo Wii-captured mocap with a budget VA would be a better actor than Sandi

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

How is this scam still going