Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Can someone catch me up on the last 1k pages or so? Is SC good yet?

Yes.

You can quote the poo poo out of this is you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Fangrim posted:

I have often wondered why Chris Roberts or someone at CIG didn't pull the brakes at any time.

At some point, relatively early on in development, someone had to realize, that there is no chance in Hell that this game could be made with CryEngine. No amount of money, man hours, or tweaking can force this engine to perform the way Chris sold the game.

Why the gently caress didn't they just say "Listen guys... We're sorry but we bit off more than we can chew! There will be instances and some loading transitions, but we'll do the utmost to make this game as close to our initial promise as humanly possible!

They're mired in an engineering debt that that haven't got any chance to get out of, but still they're adding to their engineering debt, and no end in sight.

It's mindboggling!

realistic views of the project and reigning in the scope won't pay for trips to Monaco and Sandi's "acting" career

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

space-X-chicken posted:

ok im posting way too much today but well.
you say ppl bankrupted themselves. supposed the festival would have been awesome. they would STILL go home broke. but i guess they would have thought it was worth it then. like: im bankrupt but i saw ja rule. good deal.

but now lets go back to sc and one thing i will NEVER understand. the term “investment“ would always pop up among backers. what do they expect to get back? and that is a point where even cig are crystal clear: guys you wont get a penny back! so how can you even use this completely wrong term? yes they are emtionally invested but thats a different thing. like if i empty my wallet into the hat of a bum/hobo...did i INVEST into the bum or what??

I think if you would have asked the investment question years ago you would have gotten responses about how ship prices will only go up and people were flipping ships for big profits on the grey market. If you were to ask the investment question now you'd hear about how they're "investing" in the last video game they'll ever have to buy, or one they'll play for at least a decade. They're "investing" in their space Second Life. And in this life they will be on top, the elite, the famous space explorer, the dashing space rogue, the feared admiral on the bridge of their capital ship, the (lol)respected space news journalist ...

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

hot balls man no homo posted:

Every time Derek does this I assume MoMA has to report back to his superiors at CIG and then there is an intensive mole hunt throughout the whole company with phones being searched and emails being scrubbed for code words. And all the while Derek is just making it all up and has no clue when Star Citizen will implode. Because we learned years ago that they do monitor the thread.

Hi Sandi! :wave:

Hey Sandi's intern,

Please don't believe this goon FUDster and Derek Smart lackey. He's just trying to throw you off the trail of the leaker. Please make sure you have your employees give their login credentials to all personal social media, phones and email. It's the only way you can be sure that the scam development can continue.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Please please please tell me someone is recording this so that we and an untainted copy of this shitshow. You know CIG is going to edit this down to like 20 minutes in their YouTube video.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
okay who had "20 minutes of riding the subway train" on their CitizenCon bingo sheet?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
lol reddit was not impressed by Chris' new Train Simulator game

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
good news everyone! your ship's thrusters will now have wear and tear and will require replacement parts and maintenance! enjoy your tedious gameplay where you're only allowed to fly straight at slow speeds or your ship will break

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, take the schedule with a load of salt. It's been pushed back and Roberts ran late because he missed the train.

it's not his fault - CIG is doing things that no one else has tried before. what other game studios are releasing games where you have to check transit maps to make sure you transfer to the correct trains?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

TheAgent posted:

this has been the worst citcon because they are walking back the dreams and are preparing the faithful for the harsh reality that this poo poo won't be ready until 2024+

Oh my god, I can't wait for the crowd reaction and twitch chat if Chris actually gives a realistic 2024 release date tonight. It will make it the best citcon

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I'm glad that their main floor panel and twitch stream are showing how they made procedural rocks when the second panel is talking about bounty hunting and the discovery gameplay. I mean, it's all just ~dream and plans in the second panel, but that's what sell those jpegs. Hire me, Sandi. I can market this poo poo better than you morons.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Holy poo poo Tony's whole explanation of each NPC going through value/moral decisions on whether to keep their blue-collar job or to quit and become a criminal and how that all effects the economy and availability of resources in the area... this is pure strain ~dreams right here

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
what the gently caress is going on with the UEE ladies

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Dogeh posted:

Did I miss the FacewareTech hype?
WTF was that all about?

they tried to show it off during the main presentation demo but it was broken lol

I'm not sure if they've even mentioned it in any of the other panels

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Citcon posted:

Everyone watching legit loved it. SC fans loved seeing the new stuff and trolls loved to pick at it. Everyone was entertained and it was so strong that their loving sales website crashed from the traffic.

This isn't hyperbole

Everyone predicting this wouldbe a crash and burn are again owned into corncobbing excuses.

lol

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Zeond posted:

While catching up with the thread I kept pondering why all the mystery on price of the new carrier and I think I figured it out.

There is no fixed price. The kraken will be sold only through a sealed-bid auction.

If you're a scammy greedy company with a target market of self-selected cultists what's a better way to raise the most money than to have the true believers just send you as much money as they can to ensure that they have very best ship in the BDSSE? CIG will spend the next 2 weeks shilling the poo poo out of the new ship while emphasizing how it will be available for a limited time only and how it's available in very limited quantities. I bet Clifford will pay $20,000 easily.

not only does the Kraken come with Lifetime Insurance but also a Lifetime NDA so you can't reveal the price you paid for it!

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I love that Star Citizen's big convention and new gameplay demo reveal didn't even warrant a blog post on any of the major gaming sites. I don't even see that FOIP story on the front page of PC Gamer anymore. What do I see on the front page of PC Gamer and a couple other sites? Elite Dangerous being played by a cat.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Chris drunk as gently caress

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
The game has already been released!

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

:barf:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

/

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Peter.Quint posted:

I didn't like Rex's steam at first but now I've come to love it. It is genuinely hilarious to see this guy struggle with Star Citizen. All the time in the background there are confused voices saying "Why did I die?", "What happened?", "My ship has no guns.", "I've crashed."

Some bits which made me chuckle:

They thought they got shot at first but no-one was shooting. They work out it was a bug.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/390974001?t=1h5m5s

The party system has a bug causing some guy called Mercy to appear on Rex's team when he's actually on the other side. He kills Rex causing much confusion. Rex bans him.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/390974001?t=2h19m30s

Zyloh appears. The game crashes almost instantly.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/390974001?t=2h43m10s

They kill the guy in the cockpit. The game crashes.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/390974001?t=3h47m50s

This guy has to do the same crap shootout (he always seems to have the same gun) on a dusty, rocky canyon every night with a game that hardly works. Man, this is the kind of comedy I love in Star Citizen.

Clips like these are always fun because they show how much Rex viewbots, even without needing the graphs that Cool Buff Man posted. I've never seen a twitch stream that supposedly has 1.5k-3k viewers and has a chat that moves that slow. If you have 1k-3k viewers and your chat is easily readable after you die and not spammed with "F" or some emote, then you're viewbotting.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Ah yes, back in the early days when most of the community was engaged. And by "most", I mean <10% of the total community who inadvertently voted to put the project into development hell for the next 5+ years. Good times.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Pictured: Sandi Gardiner (2007)

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

:hmmyes:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

what the gently caress does this even mean?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I'm sad to see that CIG hasn't been confirmed yet for the PC Gaming Show at E3 2019. I was looking forward to another lame trailer that the studio audience laughs at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
:stare:

that guy is just troll posting long screeds from that Talk to Transformer bot, right? right???