Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

So this game sounded kinda cool back in December, but I was never able to find actual product for sale and apparently I still can't to this day unless I want to pay several times MSRP. Any word if this will ever be remedied, or should I just move on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

two_step posted:

The starters should be available at just about every FLGS now for MSRP ($15). Boosters still aren't around, though that should (hopefully) change next month after the next set releases.
Hm, didn't see any at all locally this past weekend, but I guess I'll look again the next time I'm in for something else.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

two_step posted:

The starters should be available at just about every FLGS now for MSRP ($15). Boosters still aren't around, though that should (hopefully) change next month after the next set releases.

Well, got the starters locally for MSRP at least, can't build legal decks with just that though I gather and no sign of any boosters yet. Dude behind the counter said whatever they received in the next shipment was probably all allocated to preorders already anyway. I guess I can gently caress around and play the starters against each other with a friend for the indefinite future?

bowmore posted:

Maybe try Amazon or Ebay?

They were like $35-40 each when I looked there.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Lump Shaker posted:

You could also pick up some cheap singles from CSI. They have quite a bit available.

Yeah, maybe, not really sure what I want to play yet.

Also, did I completely misunderstand the hero/villain keyword and the color/spotting thing, or why does the Rey starter have a red villain f-11d blasted in it?

Edit: didn't actually read Finn yet, so yeah

Hauki fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 16, 2017

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I was curious about it before it released, but there wasn't much info about how it played or whether it was actually a decent game. Then it released, got a little positive press and by then I couldn't find any to buy at a reasonable price anyway until this week, and now I'm already an expansion behind and still only have one of each starter :shrug:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Devlan Mud posted:

Even if that's the case, it seems like my primary store isn't getting enough to cover preorders, so I think it's gonna be a bigger deal than just MM not getting what they ordered.

My LGS wouldn't take my preorder because they thought they couldn't cover what they'd already put down.

None of the online retailers that I see are taking any more either, and if any were I'm not sure how much I'd trust them to actually fulfill it at this point.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Deviant posted:

So, I haven't had any time to play, does anyone here have interest in buying an instant-play just add-water collection of Awakenings?

:siren: Deviant's Stuff :siren:

It's the contents of 3 boxes + misc packs, 2 of each starter deck, curated by trades. I don't have any interest in parting it out, that's way too much work.

Thought I'd give you guys a crack at it before eBay.

PM me I guess or post here? Pics of all the dice and stuff on request, they're sitting in my icloud.

yeah I might also be interested depending on what you're asking

although I, too, may just go the singles route in the end

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Deviant posted:

Showtime passed. Hauki?

Yeah, I think I'll pass as well.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Deviant posted:

Well what are either of you looking to spend? I can get 400 from Miniature Market for the lot just for the singles they have on their buy list.

Yeah, fair enough. I think I'd be better served just buying the singles I want at the moment though.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

found a place that claimed to actually still have sor boxes in stock, so we'll see if they ship or not I guess

Hauki
May 11, 2010

uncle blog posted:

Do people sleeve all their cards, or just the ones in their deck? Started sleeving all my cards, but now it's starting to add up in how much space they need. But resleeving all the time also seems like a hassle.

I sleeve anything I'm playing with, I don't tend to unsleeve as I swap cards unless I run out abruptly, usually I just end up buying more :shrug:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Flgs did actually get quite a bit in the end I guess, so I managed to snag a box there. Apparently they've got a tournament tonight as well, but I don't have a deck to play yet heh.

Got palpatine, ig88, u-wing, blackmail, quad jumper, z6 riot control baton as far as legendaries. I wanna try both of the characters, but I'm not sure I have the cards to support either of them. I did get a bunch of other characters I was interested in too, just gotta figure out what I need from awakenings I guess.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 4, 2017

Hauki
May 11, 2010

How do you guys store your dice, both for a deck and just general collection? What about cards? I've just got a pile in set order right now, but that's a little cumbersome for deckbuilding.

Also I have no idea what I want to build deck-wise now, I've got 13 new characters, but like none of the supports, upgrades or events that seem like they'd work with them. I don't even have enough of a focus at this point to buy singles to round something out.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

So are we at consensus that there is at least 1 Force Speed per box?

I did not get one and kinda wanted them.

Also trying to figure out what to do about the second box I ordered online, they took my money quick enough but I've had zero communication from them since, though they did later mark them as out of stock on the website. Trying to decide if I should just cancel it and look for another box locally instead, as I'm assuming they didn't ship it today since I didn't receive a notification.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

frameset posted:

I've been using these to store my collection. Each one holds 144 dice. - http://www.ultimateguard.com/en/boxes-cases/stack-n-safe-card-box/stack-n-safe-card-box-480.html

You can obviously store your cards in them too, 480 sleeved cards in each, even more if you don't sleeve.

I actually got the twin flip n play or whatever it's called last night for decks, and found a spare plano box lying around for dice in the short term.

In other news, my girlfriend went out and found a box too unbeknownst to me, so now I'm getting way more than I expected after being unable to preorder any, etc.

Got a second palpatine & z6 baton, a baze, force lightning, rocket launcher and light bow in this one. Plus a bunch of duplicate rare characters (unkar, mon mothma, jyn, anakin, asajj, etc.) so now I can actually run 2 dice versions.

I'm really hoping the game finds its legs and solves the distribution issues, this already seems easier to find than at launch (I mean I got several boxes instead of zero boosters of awakenings), but my local store apparently only has like 10 people showing up regularly.

Still trying to decide if I should just get more singles of awakenings or wait and see how the June printing pans out and if that alleviates any of the supply & pricing issues.

Anyways, anyone interested in trades at all? I'm updating my collection now, but I already know I have some triplicate rares, etc. I could also do a pile of SoR C/U for spare awakenings C/U.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

uncle blog posted:

Anybody planning on seeing the Destiny streams from Worlds? Or is high level games to fast to really appreciate whats happening.

I was going to try depending on what else I've got going on today. Where are they being streaming at? I'd like to see some higher level games because most of my games at this point have been pretty casual still.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

uncle blog posted:

All info about their streams are here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/5/5/watch-the-champions-rise/. Destiny starts in 50 minutes if my time zone calculations are on point.

So, games don't actually start for an hour & fifteen still

Also Jesus Christ I hope they get a new production company

Hauki
May 11, 2010

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Finished 24th at worlds. In my final game against Poe Rey all I had to was claim the battlefield to win as my next action. My played all in with a focus for lethal damage. I was literally one action away from making the cut.

e: my friend James is playing the Jabba Dooku on stream.

ask him why he didn't roll in with Doolittle game one

Edit: lol dooku

Hauki
May 11, 2010

pbpancho posted:

Thanks! Yeah, it's unfortunately something we don't get a lot of practice at, being a once-a-year thing. I do X-Wing all day tomorrow too though.

Yeah, commentary seemed solid especially if you're only doing it once a year, I think more of my criticism was related to production issues like you guys not being able to see cards or areas of the table on camera, audio or video cutting out periodically. I'm not sure I want to get too involved, but I do production professionally albeit under different constraints/circumstances and on a larger scale, and I'm naturally curious as to what your setup is like, how much of it is in house vs. outsourced, etc.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

In other news, I spent way too much money on this game this week, but hopefully I'll have at least a couple actual semi-competitive decks by the end of it. Plus a couple of rad new deckboxes and enough sleeves to last me another year or more.

Oh, unrelated but I remember someone saying characters have to be sleeved differently from the rest of your deck in tournaments, is that true, and what's the reasoning behind it?

Hauki fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 7, 2017

Hauki
May 11, 2010

siggy2021 posted:

It is true, don't know that they ever said why but I'm guessing since characters and battlefields aren't part of your deck they don't need to be sleeved the same. I could see someone slipping a card in behind their battlefield, pulling the battlefield out and putting the card at the top of the deck.

I've opened 2 decent boxes so far and a handful of packs. I've got another box coming in a X-Wing trade hopefully tuesday. I think after that and a few trades I should be mostly done aside from a handful of legendaries I can pick up when the prices drop.

Yeah, my last box should arrive today, and then I've got some awakenings singles on the way as well. Hoping this box helps fill out my collection a bit more, my first two had a lot of overlap in some areas while leaving me with zero copies of quite a few uncommons and rares.

Also in an effort to well, actually play games with someone other than my girlfriend, how many of you all play on TTS? What kind of matchmaking and rules enforcement is on there? Never messed around with it obviously.

Secondly, any other communities, fansites, etc I should check out? Mostly I've just looked at swdestiny.com or swdestinydb for ideas.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

siggy2021 posted:

TTS is a free for all lawless land. The way it's set up there really is no rule enforcement, it's just a mod someone made for TTS. There is no matchmaking, you either put up a room and wait for someone to join or you join a room already up.

That being said, I play with mostly random people on TTS and I've had mostly positive experiences. I don't think I've ever run into a person that straight didn't know the rules. There have been a few instances of certain card interactions having to be explained, especially with the new set, but for the most part things go pretty smooth. It's a great platform for testing out new ideas.
Hm, alright. Like I said I've just been playing with my friend so far so I don't know how solid my grasp on the rules is. I'll check it out though, it'd be nice to have a platform to test new things on, also nice to get more games in. My local store only plays once a week(night) that I'm aware of, and I can't often/always make it.

Eh, I don't really use Facebook much and I keep my profile pretty minimal, but maybe I'll look into it if I can figure out the right privacy settings.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Welp, got a c3po die with a smuggling freighter. Could be worse, but how do they normally handle poo poo like this?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

bowmore posted:

You contact FFG and they give you a replacement C3P0 card

Well I guess that means I got 3 C3P0s in one box then. I know a lot of people were saying it should sort itself out by the end of the box, but it definitely did not. Better than the reverse in any case.

I gotta say after 3 boxes, I was hoping for better distribution. I've got 5 copies of several rares now while missing a bunch of others, and still missing half a dozen uncommons too while I've opened like 6-8 copies of plenty of others.

Legendaries in this box, I got a second rocket launcher, force lightning and u-wing, plus a bowcaster, slave 1 & obi wan.

edit: so I've tried to submit the form like half a dozen times now and it keeps telling me a field needs to be filled out and will be highlighted in red - when every field is complete and nothing is highlighted. What gives?

goddamn, finally went through now after I got tired of retyping poo poo over and over and over again

Hauki fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 9, 2017

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Here's my quick SoR tradelist/wants.

I still need a ton of stuff from Awakenings too.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Got an email first thing from asmodee saying they'd send along another c3p0 card at least, although no indication of timing.

As a side gripe, I ordered a few singles from miniature market last Thursday, and they still haven't actually shipped out, I just got a "label created" email now. I was hoping to get stuff in by Thursday so I can play in my store's event that night.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

canyoneer posted:

It does suck, but they have to stick with one or the other.

What really sucks though is if you get a misprint. They just send a new random pack. A local dude got a misprinted Han die (I did too), and they sent him an unopened pack. It had Jedi Robes inside :sad:

Speaking of misprinted dice, do you guys just like look at every side and compare to the card as you open them or something? I'm not sure I would notice otherwise.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

canyoneer posted:

I only check on the legendaries.

You'll typically notice it in game though, as your duplicate side comes up on average in 1 of 3 rolls

Fair enough. Also asmodee already mailed out the card for the mismatched die, so that's cool.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

admanb posted:

WotC replaces 100% of misprint cards.

Technically so does FFG. It's just misprint dice you have to worry about apparently :pseudo:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

So I'm trying to scrape together a deck for some store event tomorrow with my rey/kylo starters & my pile of SoR, looking for any suggestions. I've basically only played with my girlfriend at home to this point, so I have no idea what to expect.

Villain characters I've actually got are eKylo, eAnakin, ePalp, eUnkar, eAsajj, 1 die Bala, Aurra, IG-88, first order trooper, 2 death trooper, tie pilot, a pile of royal guards & guava enforcers. Of those I think the only realish decks are like eKylo/eAnakin or something with Palp? I don't have like any of the supporting cards from awakenings except sith holocrons and whatever came in the starters, but I've got playsets of like every blue villain/neutral card in SoR outside of force speed. I like Unkar, but I can't think of a good pairing for him with the other stuff I've got at the moment. I tried eAnakin/eUnkar at home and got trashed when she immediately focused vader down and I was left with a dude with zero damage sides.

If I go hero, I've got... eRey/Finn, eMon Mothma, eJyn, eLuminara, eSnap, and then 1 die Baze, Obi-Wan, Maz, Jedi Acolyte, several Rebel Commando. I like Maz a lot, but I also can't find a good match for her pointwise, especially with just the one die. Mostly I've just futzed around with eJyn/Rebel Commando at home, but it doesn't seem very good without holdouts, electroshock, second chance, other yellow events etc. from awakenings.

I'm gonna go dick around with lists in the meantime and see if I can come up with some more concrete ideas to solicit feedback.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Here's my first stab at a vader/kylo list, I only have 1 enrage/intimidate/lightsaber throw, otherwise I'd try to jam more.
Battlefield I wasn't really sold on. I thought about Moisture Farm first but it kinda seemed like it could backfire on me.
I wanted to try Lure of Power & Lightsaber Pike, but neither can be holocron'd out, so I cut those for other abilities. Also not that sold on the meditate package or events spread, but I don't know what else to fill those slots with, like I said I have basically no non-starter awakenings cards.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

So as far as Jyn/Commando goes, are the damage sides on Overkill that much better than the utility, fewer blanks etc. of Jetpack? I'm looking over other people's random lists on db and I see a bunch of Overkills in lists and no Jetpacks so I'm wondering if I'm dumb for considering it.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

Depends, usually with Jetpack you are looking to roll damage, the special can be good but that's matchup dependant. Overkill has a 4/6 chance of rolling damage, which is amazing consistency.
Secondly, red hero decks run It's a Trap which you can use with Overkill but not Jetpack and that can lead to massive blowouts.

Fair enough. I guess my line of thought was I've got a lot of other ranged faces on my dice both base or modifier, I'm missing second chances so shields and special are somewhat more enticing, and it has one less blank. I also don't have it's a trap, which would certainly would make a red die more useful. I think I will get two holdouts & 2 electroshocks by tonight at least.

Oh, I guess I can't publish my crappy jyn/commando list yet, some kind of time limit. I didn't feel like I had enough action cheating to go the all-in, secret facility/planetary uprising route, so I just tried to jam good/efficient weapons, lone operatives, jet packs and as much dice removal/event recursion as I could find to keep me in the game in the meantime.

HidaO-Win posted:

Is there any chance of you getting an Emperor's Throne Room Battlefield? It'd make your specials a lot more achievable.

I'm not sure if this store has destiny singles, but that's gonna be my only chance by tonight. I'll ask. Is it worthwhile jamming in something like a command shuttle? I mostly feel like supports aren't necessarily worth the extra actions to get rolling each turn, especially in a deck like that.

Barring that, I'm gonna try and do some local trading when I get a chance tonight since I didn't get much of a response online, see if there's anyone willing to do a pile of spare awakenings commons/uncommons for sor commons/uncommons and/or try to trade off my various extra sor rares to fill out other pieces I'm missing. Maybe I can get some of the awakenings battlefields that way.

Anyways I also kinda want to try ePalp but I don't have force speeds or more importantly, any of the blue events from awakenings that make the deck work, so I feel like that's kind of a mistake at this point.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

I'd consider Lure of Power, I know you can't cheat it out with the Holocron but it gives you a turn one attachment and it can give you some monsters plays. Swap out the lightsabre for it maybe? The majority of you dice being 3 cost worries me a little if you don't hit your holocron.
Fair. Yeah I was hoping enrage would help make that more consistent, but I need to trade for one or pick up a second Kylo starter I guess.

ShowTime posted:

I think vehicles are fine. Currently Poe/Maz and any deck that runs Millennium Falcon seem to be doing very well and are easily Tier 1 decks. You are right in that they can be kind of slow and expensive, but there are various cheat abilities that are being used with them and they make certain ones more than playable.

Yeah, Poe seemed like the one good exception :v: I opened two u-wings that I'd like to use, but I need to trade for or buy some poes. Still not sure they'd even fit that well.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

So I dropped lightsabres for lure of power and went back to a moisture farm to help with resources for now, do you think force lightning would be worth running over force push or force throw? Also I got 2 Deflects today as far as awakenings stuff I could throw in, I'd imagine they're better than some of my current random assortment of events.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

Force Lightning is a great damage source, it's just expensive as all hell, you'll be leaning heavily on Holocron to get it out. Could well make Mediate a workhorse for you, letting you swap out a blank die for a holocron special. Dark Presence is also worth a look, you've a fair amount of discard on your characters, its pretty brutal dice control and its free.

Huh, what would you cut for presence? Or lightning for that matter? For now I dropped use the force for deflect and the lightsabres for lure of power. Apparently whatever I showed up for is a Swiss tourney with a buy in so we'll see how this does I guess.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

KO Derf posted:

Just remember if you are running Palpatine you are running Rise Again, which is another way of getting Force Lightning out. Not just for Holocrons anymore.

I didn't run palp just because I was missing like all the blue events from awakenings. I'm 3-0 with ekylo/eanakin though, in before I jinx myself here. Last round was vs Poe/maz which I was definitely scared of, but I downed maz early and rolled out hard on Poe the next round before he could drop Vader. Deflect did some work there for sure.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Hauki posted:

I didn't run palp just because I was missing like all the blue events from awakenings. I'm 3-0 with ekylo/eanakin though, in before I jinx myself here. Last round was vs Poe/maz which I was definitely scared of, but I downed maz early and rolled out hard on Poe the next round before he could drop Vader. Deflect did some work there for sure.

Ended up going 3-1 for 2nd place. Lost to eLuke/Rey, he had a great hand and I couldn't keep up with the chain of free actions from cyling 2 holdout blasters, 2 vibroknives & a force speed on Rey. Didn't help that I rolled like 66% blanks over the course of the game.

Picked up some new stuff in trades, so hopefully I can fix a couple things about my list. Narrowly won the mirror earlier in the night with my one of rise again & decisive blow.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

Congrats on coming second, what worked and what didn't in the list?

Let's see. I got a lot of mileage out of the manipulate/meditate/anger package in one game, but in the others I either needed to pitch it for rerolls or it just felt like wasted actions. High grounds were really bad for me because somehow I almost never claimed. My battlefield was likewise not doing me much good there.

I think that's something I need to work on in general, but games three and four my opponent just blew through like four actions to my every one and there was no way it made sense for me to claim at the time. Game two was the mirror, and while it hurt me to not claim in a couple spots I did get some key claims that definitely helped me get that decisive blow in at the end. Game one it didn't much matter, I think I took 5-6 damage total by the time I'd chewed through.

So as a quick summary, round 1 was eAnakin/eGrievous, I dropped grievous by turn two, got some key dice removal and a force illusion to soak a huge roll in early and it was over from there.

Round two was the mirror, but he had more damage and better events than me. I got lucky with special rolls, held out for a turn on force illusion and then traded our vaders into each other off the special, thinking that my Kylo was in a much better spot. It got way closer than I anticipated from there as he kept hitting for 3 off Kylo specials while I was rolling blanks, but the rise again put me back up out of reach, my holocron kept hitting until I had a full suite of force verbs and the decisive blow let me focus on the kill without worry of any more incoming damage.

Three was poe/maz and he dropped Vader down to 1 pretty quickly. I decided to go for maz first since he'd dropped two shields on Poe, he field medic'ed once but I still got the kill in round two. Kept Vader up at 1 hp with a force illusion and some key deflects, and just dumped out damage from there, Poe went down way faster than I expected.

Four, I just got shat on, I never had a chance. Round one he got six actions before I had one, dropped Vader to five and claimed before I had even rolled in. I had a slow hand to boot. My dice removal ended up being worthless here because he was stacking up free actions off ambush weapons on Rey, specials on force speed, rolling in and resolving before I could take a turn. Round two I roll in hoping to get something out of Vader before he dies, and he just gets another slew of free actions and Vader dies before I can resolve. Could've just conceded there, but it only took another round anyway. I dropped Rey to 2 with events etc, but just couldn't finish her off, kept hitting blanks. Don't even know what to think about this game, like none of my cards mattered at all.

Overall - a lot more pure melee damage than I was expecting from my opponents, I had some awkward spots where I had like melee mods from makashi, but only ranged, specials, etc from my other dice. I didn't end up using overconfidence much, when I actually had it in hand it felt like I had better things to be doing. Rise again and decisive blow were prohibitively expensive for me most games, and I just pitched for rerolls. I rarely had both enough resources and a reason to play either. Also really scary to have stuck in hand vs Kylo specials. Light saber throw was annoyingly difficult to get off due to the issue of rolling more specials or other sides than actual melee damage. It also felt like if I didn't get a turn 1 enrage/holocron into an ability I struggled a lot to keep up. I mulled aggressively every game for either.

Edit: unfortunately for me prize structure was pretty top heavy too, so I basically just made back my cost of entry while first got a decent chunk of change. They did some random drawings outside of that, but most of those excluded anyone who placed anyway.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Oh the other thing I was gonna add, I didn't get a ton of use out of the force pushes really, I was thinking about replacing those. The threat of the force throws seemed to do a fair bit, but realistically I didn't get a ton of impact out of them either, I managed a throw for 3 in the Luke Rey game, the rest of the time they just played around it.

I also wanted more consistent melee sides for the makashi modifiers. I kept forgetting about the action on makashi too, although I got one good use out of it in game two.

The lures ended up helping a lot just because of the generic modifier.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 12, 2017