Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Neo Rasa posted:

Maybe they bought the games for themselves for their PS2?

They bought it for their 40 year old son who still plays ps2 games on his twitch channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

How are u posted:

I drink black coffee without anything in it and its delicious. I'm not even some kind of coffee snob, I just get beans from TJs. You can get used to eating or drinking just about anything if you don't run away from bold flavors like a child seeking the comfort of cream and sugar.

Sounds like you've got a masculinity issue.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

FilthyImp posted:

I'm thinking of that Futurama episode where War Was Declared.

A buddy of mine from HS kind of got roped into signing up for the Navy (maybe the best thing to happen to him, in the long run), and we were all like "Yo sucks but hey 4 years of travelling and you'll be out right? Just hop Bush doesn't start any dumb wars right?"

We graduated June of 2001. :woop:

I had a similar event in '99 a year before I graduated, but I failed their written test by 1 point.

One of the few times my stupidity actually saved my rear end.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Just lol if your alarm is anything other than the Pillar Men theme from Jojo Morioh Cho Radio.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I am an alien thought-cloud formed by the memories of human professors of the past as they have accumulated in the 4th dimensional ring of pluto, and I say double dragon metaphors are good

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Not precisely retail, but the Frontier telecom plans to file for bankruptcy, further cementing its few and much larger competitors.

I've never had a problem with Frontier up here in washington state, sad to hear.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
They found the phylactery for the sears at everett mall. It's gone now.

...I should visit the mall again, just in case the rest goes with it.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
The movie industry will probably force itself to exist because it's an effective anti-piracy. There's a clear difference in quality to being in a theater vs the guys sneaking in cameras, plus it's difficult to copy the theater's copy.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Rexicon1 posted:

The economy is about to collapse. Hold on to your job for dear life.

can't lose what I haven't had in months!

:smithfrog:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I always want a game to be on disk in a box because it feels more like a real collection.

When I moved a while back, I had gathered up all my retro games for storage and it really hit me how proud I was to still have many of the games my parents bought for me. It's something I think a newer generation of gamers will grow up to regret not having for themselves.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I abuse my brother's gamefly subscription to buy brand new AAA titles for 45 bucks. Their policy is to treat all games they send as used, even if a game is released day 1 and nobody else has touched it. It's a great way to get brand new titles at a discount if you don't mind waiting a few days for the delivery.

That said my last brand new AAA purchase was just shy of 2 years ago. I don't make a habit of jumping on the latest game, but I do make some exceptions.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

LibCrusher posted:

The amount of no-name gibberish Chinese garbage flooding Amazon these days is quickly reducing its usefulness to me.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed, but it's hard not to default to them the first time I look for something. Free shipping and their return policy are great but what's the point if I keep returning half the things I buy for various reasons? Especially clothes that end up not fitting.

I'm giving kmart a shot this week, since it turns out they sell some brands of clothing that aren't on amazon anymore and I know they fit.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Working on an important holiday like thanksgiving or christmas really sucks for your personal life, but not so much actually working.

Christmas eve, though... THAT is a day worthy of holiday pay.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I also think cyber monday doesn't really exist, because most of the things I've wanted over the past couple years never seem to go down in price on that day, let alone come close to their historic lows.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

pseudanonymous posted:

Just left lowes with weather stripping I forgot to pay for because they made me self checkout and it had no bar or sticker for the scanner or anything.

Safeway's self checkout used to demand you put your scanned item directly into the bag, it would refuse to do anything else until that happens, and it would know when something is removed from the bag and harass you about it.

When you order multiple items from the deli, they would stick multiple items into a bag with multiple bar codes. I was getting away with like 2-3 dollars worth of free food every other trip for a few years, all because of safeway's self-own.

They finally got the hint in the last year or two.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

mandatory lesbian posted:

Have you worked retail? Aint nobody gonna confront someone stealing when theyre paid min wage

This has been my attitude about it, but since the mid 10's or so, most major retailers and similar businesses have adopted non-interference as a policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Bar Ran Dun posted:

It hits different when it’s food.

The price of a 12-pack at WinCo before the pandemic was about 4 dollars, or sometimes below 3 dollars on a sale.

The same 12-packs today are now 7 dollars, or sometimes just under 5 dollars on a sale.

There's something about coke and pepsi products that seems to have climbed higher than other foods, and I think it's because they can't shrink their products as easily due to standard soda can sizes.