Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Ugh, the voting choices are so lame...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
EDF 4.1 will dominate your life, especially if you play with buddies. Lots of toys, lots of missions, multiple difficulty levels and a bonkers story.

EDIT: Why Am I Dead At Sea is a cool murder mystery story. I figured I'd fire it up to check it out and I ended up 100% the whole thing, that's how hard it engrossed me.

Blattdorf fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 24, 2016

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Don't play Doom if you can't squeeze out a constant 60FPS. Try the demo first.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

ItBreathes posted:

List of games to consider:

Get Isaac, Gungeon and Environmental Station Alpha. It should last you a while.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Palpek posted:

It's really good. A little advice for it though: the game is about aggressive stealth so you need to move from cover to cover towards your goal. Only crouch when you can be seen, walk otherwise (the Xeno will hear you running). The game can be really tense to a point that you could just stay hidden in that locker forever waiting for the perfect opportunity but that's the worst thing you can do because Xeno's ai will be patrolling the place you don't move from more frequently.

The most important piece of advice here is that walking is also stealthy, but faster than crouching. Crouching merely makes you less visible.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Helldivers is basically Magicka in space. If you didn't like Magicka, Helldivers won't win you over.

The Evil Within is actually pretty good, though people have had differing opinions on it. Once you figure out the game flow, it's hard to put it down. There's a demo, so you can just check it out for yourself.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

bad day posted:

Consortium wasn't originally part of the sale but it's now $2 FYI.

Consortium is a neat game that reveals more and more of its inner workings the more you play it. Definitely give it a try, especially if you have it in your library.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
What's the deal with the Dying Light? Do you need any DLC for it?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
How is it that I have upwards of 30 of the Winter Sale cards and not a single #4 Card (Just 5 more minutes) ever dropped for me...

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Feedbacker posted:

What's your Steam ID?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/KotyDwa/

It's like GabeN wants me to trade for the cards.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Axiom Verge has cool ideas and wows you for about the first half of the game, until the cutscene. After that, the design flaws become really apparent. It's all the more disappointing after a really strong start.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
I'm looking to trade a Watchdogs 2 Standard Edition US Key for something of equivalent value from my wishlist (I'm open to suggestions, though). I actually wanted Watchdogs 2, but I didn't notice it's for US only, since I live in the EU.

Hit me up on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/KotyDwa/

I know there's a Steam trade thread, but it is a bit of an urgent matter.

Trade made! Thanks!

Blattdorf fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Dec 31, 2016

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Quest For Glory II posted:

I almost have enough to get The Witness but I'm a Humble Monthly subscriber and i'm pretty dang sure it will be a headliner of the bundle in 2017 at some point, so I'm getting other games instead. QUBE, Culpa Innata, RYB, Crimson Room Decade for sure. Still leaves me with some money left over though. I'm lookin at these games..

Root
Dead End Road
Projector Face
My Night Job
Factotum 90
Cubixx HD

I'll have to decide on maybe 2-3 of them. Also I realize that maybe listing these games is pointless because no one knows what the gently caress they are but me.

I have Dead End Road, but I haven't fired it up yet. I'll gvie you a brief trip report in a few hours.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
So I've played Dead End Road and I think it's a pretty cool game. You have to drive to your destination, but this is made rather difficult because you can barely see where you're going and you're being chased by a demon you inadvertently summoned during a ritual. Lots of cool and unnerving things happen while on the road. There are stops you can make along the way to repair your car, lower your stress levels and do other things.

Definitely play it in the dark. It's not a super scary game, but things get tense as you're trying to survive on the road.

I'll also add that I finally cleared out my wishlist. 2017, here I come!

Skyrim getting the Test of Time award is the silliest thing ever.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Ghost 1.0 is a solid metroidvania. The dev really took the feedback from UnEpic to heart and created one hell of a game. It's half-off now, so if you're on the fence, don't be. It's good fun all around.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Mokinokaro posted:

Bot Vice

Hard as hell top down shooter. Considering refunding simply due to the difficulty but we'll see.

OneShot

Good little Zelda-like that I can't say too much about without spoiling. If you love games that pull odd meta tricks, this one's for you.

Princess Remedy In A Heap of Trouble

A continuation of a rather fun freeware title. Has loads of charm.

Bot Vice packs as much action in as little time as possible. It's tough, but rewarding. I say stick with it. Which stage are you on?

OneShot is really cool. If you like RPGMaker games, get this one, you'll love it.

Princess Remedy 2 is more polished than the first game, and also more challenging.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Mokinokaro posted:

Only 3 or 4. The couple times I've tried my carpal's been bad.

Play with a gamepad. I'm on Stage 9 or so, but that's because I've been working on perfecting the stages.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Mad Bullets is an endless Western-style shooter for just under a buck (or euro). It's quite fun and has several modes. It might make for a perfect podcast game or just something to blast away at whenever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Bolivar posted:

I HEAR YOU MAN, but I looked into it, and apparently the GTX950M of my laptop is fine for Wolfenstein but crap for Doom. And it would be a bit pointless to play Doom if it doesn't feel fluent. I'll probably just grab it for five bucks once I buy a new PC.

Below 60 FPS, Doom just feels wrong.

• Locked thread