Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Hey guys been eating real clean but just can't seem to lose weight, drat genetics

I only have four beers a night, binge half a bottle on the weekends, and have three sodas throughout the day, what gives? Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I think it was a joke, y'all.

I linked the same joke but with a budget, you see

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Rad Lieutenant posted:

just lol if your wife doesn't wake you up every morning with sex

lol

:smith:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I pay $200 every 6 months to insure my rustbox.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Look, I know ragging on superhero movies is kind of my schtick, but holy hell was BvS bad. Not just samey cartoon schlock designed to put the largest possible cross-section of nerds and Chinamen in seats like Civil War but how-did-this-get-greenlit awful. e: The only good bit I saw was in one of the first trailers anyway: Batman going ape on a bunch of mooks in a warehouse. I turned it off shortly afterward.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 15, 2017

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Pesticide20 posted:

You watched until there was fifteen minutes left and then turned it off?

Now that I think about it, maybe I'm transposing the trailer into some other fight scene. IIRC he's going after some kryptonite or smth. I didn't get to the title fight.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Had an extremely dad day newly alone in my apartment. Frozen pizza for lunch, botched a steak for dinner, walked a mile down the road to pick up some cannoli and sat on the train tracks (disused) with a dog that sometimes gets out of his yard and hangs around my door feeding him bits of cannoli and drinking bad beer and feeling vaguely sorry for myself. Didn't realize my phone's battery had run out until just now when I tried to set an alarm.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
maybe that's less of a Dad day and more of a Get Help day

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

No one in front of him except the idiot riding his hood. I'd do exactly the same thing if I were surrounded by a screaming mob hitting my car.

e: Then again, I doubt I'd drive anywhere near a screaming mob in the first place.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
death to the kiwi tyrant

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

bengy81 posted:

life gets pretty depressing when you have no adult interaction outside of coworkers and your spouse.

That's been my dad's life for 30 years. No particular friends outside his work and my mother's church. He's perfectly happy, though, as far as I can tell. I don't know how he does it.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

eh just gotta touch it to the screws or anything that might be hot to tell if its hot or not usually. Just jam it around and touch copper and if it beeps you know.

please don't post my patented sex technique without attribution

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Casimir Radon posted:

I clicked on some sponsored content by mistake because it had a headline that made it sound like Clint Eastwood died. Then got deluges by a bunch of boner pill popups on my work computer.

why isn't ublock origin installed on your work computer

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Varies state to state.

The 85mph part of Texas is just on parts of I-10 in the middle of the desert. It's mostly 75 throughout the rest of the state.

Large sections of I-35 between Austin and Dallas are definitely 85.

I could have sworn Montana had some 90 mph roads the last time I was out there.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

TBeats posted:

I have no shame in saying I'm going to see the new power rangers movie when it comes out.

:chloe:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Thin crust, spicy ranch, chicken, bacon, cheese. It's the poo poo.

I may throw up.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

I pity the foo who doesn't like chicken, bacon, ranch anything. Pizza. Pasta salad. Sandwiches. Regular salad. Casseroles.

please stop being so disgustingly Ohioan

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
\
We are not amused.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

reading all my dad's Far Side collections from the age of 6-ish really hosed me up

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
That was a fantastic ep

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

jfc why is that guy not wearing eyepro

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Dislocating your shoulder can either cause or be a symptom of a serious tear. You need to get that looked at. That sort of thing doesn't heal right without treatment.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Two Finger posted:

from memory lead isn't actually all that dangerous unless you like made your plumbing out of it or something, i think it's long term exposure that's damaging

you only think this because lead poisoning from chewing that pencil your mother warned you not to has destroyed your memory

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Pesticide20 posted:

5-8 are worth watching at least once. Get drunk or high and give them a shot.

I've only seen 7 and was somehow so bored when I was watching it with a friend that I drifted off during a scene when there were muscle cars parachuting out the back of a cargo plane. It was late at night but still. There's such a thing as pacing in movies, and when you're constantly blasting ears and eyes with big things smashing each other it just becomes white noise over a screensaver. I saw an interview with the director or somebody who said they go for practical effects whenever possible and that's total crap. They don't even make an effort to direct car movement realistically in the more ambitious scenes, just looks like a high budget goddamn anime.

e: Just rewatch Mad Max

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 15, 2017

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

On a sadder note, there are waaaaay too many monumentally dumb white people in this business school that have job offers despite phoning in four years of their parents spending tens of thousands of dollars on their education.
:cripes:

the people hiring them did exactly the same thing

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Two Finger posted:

You should marry her dad.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

cowboy elvis posted:

I am like 100% positive this program has zero requirements for a laptop. Lol it's an advertising degree. I'm not doing anything difficult.

A laptop is insanely convenient for school. I thought the same as you until I got a laptop my Junior year, now I don't know what I'd do without it. It's not about special software or anything, it's about just being able to sit down with anyone anywhere and do group work, and print something on the school network without waiting 10 minutes to log in to some slow-rear end library computer, and do homework during class, and on and on

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mustang posted:

What does it mean now that I've started having breakfast beers on the weekend

I feel like I should feel bad about this but I don't

Kris Kristofferson sings a sad song about breakfast beers, probably your first clue you should knock it off

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
and Johnny Cash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED5s1-Fe9FA

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Probably, yeah.

In dad chat news, 2 months salary on a ring is loving brutal when you're clearing drat near 12k a month

don't spend that much on a ring sheesh

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Two Finger posted:

Adam Lambert. He's apparently p. good. I'll reserve judgement. I'm just happy I get to see Brian May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEBhpiT-V4g

IDK I mean you can never be freddie but he's not bad

awful

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

My mother told me this yesterday, how Bernie Sanders is saying thousands of people will die if Medicaid is cut. She related that to me as if it were a batshit insane thing to say, as if no one could possibly quantify the effects on people's lives of not being able to pay for healthcare. I guess now I know where she got that from.

e: and just so we're clear and I'm not just appealing to the "common sense" of a bunch of pinkos, it really is true.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 29, 2017

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
and cole once again dons the headdress of Chief poo poo Stirrer for no good reason

you awkward motherfucker

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

say hi to George Yossarian

Bold but perfect choice of middle name.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

There was only a patch of years where I didn't own at least one gun. It was called marriage.

Married men should always keep at least a handgun around the house for a short-notice, no-fuss murder-suicide.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
War on Everyone is on Netflix, a retro-ish buddy cop movie that's funnier than The Nice Guys.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

TBeats posted:

The name that comes to mind is Jos. A Bank. They seem to always be having sales. I am trying to make my wardrobe a little nicer than jeans and t shirts and I was always told that it's smart to invest in, at minimum, one nice suit. Plus, sometime down the line I am going to be applying for jobs at accounting firms, and it will be nice to have a suit on hand to wear for interviews and such.

If you're looking for one nice suit to have for a while I'd aim higher than Jos. A Bank. They're marginally better than Men's Wearhouse.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

VW is bringing back the Microbus.

it looks like a microbus and prius had sex

what on earth is the point of those angry grrr sportcar headlights

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Maybe I'm wrong but I've heard carrying a small balance on your billing statement and paying a tiny bit of interest will make you more attractive to creditors since they see you are responsible, but they still make a few dollars off of you. I could be way off base but whatever I'm doing has increased my credit score by 200ish points in the last couple of years.

This is a pretty common misconception. Carrying a balance doesn't improve your credit score, and it means you're paying interest as soon as you swipe your credit card. If you pay off your balance every month, you never pay interest and you get at least the same benefit to your score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nick Soapdish posted:

ITT People learn things much later in life than others and that's okay because you know man, life is just about the money.

• Locked thread