Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EBB posted:

Pshh Quark and Odo did it with broken legs so can you.

Pretty sure Odo can't break his "legs"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EBB posted:

Uh I'm pretty sure he could when he was temporarily human

:goonsay:

Oh god I forgot about that season where his wish to be human was granted

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

McNally posted:

Yeah, but my point was that Odo never WANTED to be human. You're thinking of Data.

You're right, I think it was more "to give him a better understanding of the solids" but the implication was that he wanted to be human more than a shapeshifter

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The back of a Humvee has just enough space for you to lie stretched out from the back, through the opening and almost onto the turret stand. The hood of a Humvee is much better though, because you'll generally stay warm from the heat of the engine, especially if the Humvee is being started up every now and then to keep the batteries charged.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vahakyla posted:

Camoing IFVs and MBTs and other equipment was like the most bog standard grunt skill taught everywhere in the Finnish Army, but seems like some long lost arcane art in the US Army. It's weird seeing woodlines full of humvees and LMTVs with half of a net thrown over the hood or something, observable for miles. And it's not that it is hard, or demanding, or anything. It just feels like there isn't organizational will to do it, at least from my narrow observation. It just doesn't seem like anyone particularly cares about camouflaging the convoy or anything like that in the box.

Sounds to me like you've got a class or two you can teach

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vahakyla posted:

Just spent like a month in JMRC and liked it, wassup. Like a big LARP. Home tomorrow, maybe.

Lol was this your first Graf? I hope you never jump into Hohenfels lol

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Summadat grunt poo poo

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Itchy_Grundle posted:

Same here.

What happens to me often is if I'm not facing someone I won't realize right away that what they're saying is directed at me. I'll hear them, realize I'm being addressed, and then focus on what I'm hearing. As a result I get the last few words of the sentence and say, "what?" They then repeat only the last few words of the sentence and I still have no idea what the hell they're talking about. At that point I have to either annoy them and ask for a repeat of the entire sentence or just try to piece everything together. Lots of fun when your wife's normal conversational voice is soft to begin with.

Oh hey :same:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Not enough people smoking cigarettes in that picture for it to be infantry

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah that's one of those few honestly good experiences I had in the army

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

SimonCat posted:

So you're pissed because you couldn't be assed to keep accountability of your own gear?

Pretty sure that their gear was safely locked up and some rear end in a top hat with more power than common sense decided to flex nuts. In other words, army gonna army

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

Cover me while I scrub, battle buddy!

Is it weird that I don't find this very novel because I had to live by those rules?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The new M2A1 doesn't get headspace and timed anymore.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EBB posted:

enlisted ripping their ACU crotch: lol check out my dick guess i gotta go to cif

being a noble and ripping my ACU crotch: god drat it there goes $40 also lol check out my dick

Lol okay if you say so sir

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Queen Combat posted:

The ASU is such a retarded piece of poo poo.

Just say piece of poo poo, retard isn't a cool word

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just had a sweet rear end dream where I was back in and didn't have the gear I needed for whatever bullshit I was doing, and it wasn't even gear I'd ever actually had while in. Hell yeah, brain, you're doing me a solid by making me wake up all worried about dumb poo poo.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

spacetoaster posted:

drat, ya'll are some stressed out dudes/dudettes.

My biggest concerns right now are a trip to eastern europe, and then a conference stateside. Both of which are just parties dressed up to seem official and important.

Lol gently caress off noble

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vahakyla posted:

The ending for the german movie Stalingrad that came out in 1993 hosed me up so hard. In the end, I guess it was a good movie but I can't even really think about watching it, far less watch it again. It hosed me up in my teenange years, and still causes anxiety.

That loving movie

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

My intern wasn't alive when the towers fell.

Your intern is 17?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Tell that kid to enlist

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Is vahakyla still alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

You say that, but think about all of the MI companies that are attached to or organic with cav units. They're already elbow-deep in it.

I'm a little drunk so I'm just assuming y'all are talking about the Mobile Infantry.

Fleet does the flying, MI does the dying

https://i.imgur.com/J5twYsW.mp4