Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

TBeats posted:

I tried CSGO. It's more like Call of Duty than Counter Strike these days.

Unless you're doing competitive at like the Master Guardian Elite+ level, yeah it is more or less. I can't really click heads like I could 15 years ago so I don't play it as much

I'm doing my slow steady climb to Grand Master in Overwatch though :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

too bad the jak and daxter runners got banned this year because they said too many bad words

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Syrian Lannister posted:

Flight sim / Elite dudes I have a question for you?

A is the Thrustmaster HOTAS X or 4 decent enough, or should I sink into the T.16000M?

B Why the hate towards Saitek controllers?

A. You talking about the specific Elite Thrustmaster HOTAS setup or the individual stick? The hall sensors are nice and would be significantly more durable giving it much longer life span on the T16000M sticks. The HOTAS-X is much cheaper so if you're not willing to go down the rabbit hole when it comes to flight sim peripherals I'd get that, you will have to replace it if you go real deep down the flight sim hole.

B. Saitek's quality control has been loving trash for a couple years now. I personally went through 2 separate X-55 RMA's before I got one that worked out of the box properly. The first one the grommet on the base of the stick was too small so the stick couldn't center, and on the second the throttle was improperly grounded so any time I brushed my arm against the metal toggle switches I'd get a low level electric shock. My 3rd stick I sold to another goon who apparently had to pop it open and rewire half the stick because the wires are like an inch too short so they stretch and break with even minimal use.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Overwatch is the only online shooter I've ever really genuinely liked, but it feels like I've leveled up to the point of diminishing returns. Every time I go into a quick play game for some fun I get owned by teenagers souped up on energy drinks headshotting me from halfway across the map. It's like I'm suddenly in a skill bracket that's way out of my league.

I have the advantage of it playing incredibly similar to Team Fortress Classic so the literal years of my life I pissed away at high school playing that has given me enough of a foundation to be pretty damned good at the game.

I am absolute loving garbage at Titanfall 2 though

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I thought you flew a Fed Corvette not an Imp Cutter :v:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I think I have a Vulture and was like 5 or 6 mill away from a mediocre fit Clipper. I exploited the poo poo out of some rank bug for Empire and went from Serf to Prince in about 3 hours, like a year ago :v:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i'm waiting to snag an occulus at a garage sale or something so that I may play elite as it Was Meant To Be Played.

Also 2.3 beta drops today, will share patch notes when they become available. I for one am excited for multicrew and being able to name my ships the gayest things you can imagine :woop:

http://isnapi.azurewebsites.net/

Friend linked this and the 3rd name it generated was The Bungalow of Inflammation

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Murdering masses of druggies is pretty much the best thing you could do in a videogame in the eyes of a Southern Baptist Chaplin back then. And probably now

Yet Doom is considered satanic even though you murder scores of demons :confused:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The gear degradation in Zelda looks absolutely loving horrendous, it's stupid fast in every stream I've seen of it. Like Far Cry 2 fast

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Buca di Bepis posted:

https://gamerant.com/wii-u-sales/

I'm trying to get through it on Wii U but it's a struggle. I can't loving believe all these reviewers hand waved the performance issues as "minor FPS drops". It drops to 15 FPS and feels like playing through molasses the second you get to any kind of complex scene, such as literally 30 seconds into the game stepping out into the open for the first time.

Nintendo notoriously under-produces on their products, so it selling out in all stores doesn't mean poo poo if each store gets 4 consoles. They did the same exact poo poo with the NES Classic

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

shyduck posted:

Their handling of the NES Classic Edition was downright vile. Nintendo could've made some nice change with it, but instead they decided to make scalpers rich.

They also did the same limited quantity poo poo with Amiibos at first.

They did it with the Wii as well. I remember getting a Wii like 6 months after release and ended up flipping it to some idiot for $700, granted it had an extra controller and 3 games but still :psyduck:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

witcher 3 has poisoned the well for anything that isnt written, acted and animated with some modicum of competency. the new mass effect is a big budget character driven rpg, and that example is from very early in the main questline, ie poo poo that should be top notch. its a fuckin joke man

:same: Witcher 3 is also the first game I've played in loving forever where I genuinely wanted to do the side missions

I generally assume everything is terrible so as to avoid disappointment, but goddamn I can't help but be excited about Cyberpunk 2077

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The Rat posted:

For real, ME2 was always Grunt + Miranda for me, both for Krogan shotgunning and dat rear end. (Side note it's hilarious to me that if you GIS "Miranda dat rear end," exactly what you'd expect comes up.)

ME3's real flaw was no Krogan teammate outside of the Citadel DLC.

If you preordered you got Javik who is easily the best squad mate of the series.

Also gently caress EA for making Javik DLC

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

IIRC They said something along those lines after Blood and Wine launched. Here's hoping it's some Metal Gear Revengeance style game with Ciri :v:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Two Finger posted:

STEEEEEEEEEEEVE
*crash*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqBXQVxS-qk

This will never not be funny as gently caress

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

From what I gather people either love or hate Torment with absolutely no middle ground. If you're looking for a bunch of fights apparently it's kind of skimpy on that? Also who the gently caress plays an RPG styled on Planescape: Torment/Baldur's Gate for the loving combat/

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The best part is you going to emote at the boss all smug and poo poo a second before he stands back up to gently caress you

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Godholio posted:

Eve Valkyrie is a fun space dogfight game. :)

First few seconds of the tutorial I just sat there and rolled while staring out the cockpit.

If you're on PC as opposed to PSVR, take a look at Enemy Starfighter House of the Dying Sun, it's really good in VR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56fCuO7JEy4

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Which has the most accessiblity to save? or can you save whenever in both of them? I hate replaying pointless content for 15 mins to get to the part where I died

Also do either ave auto health regen?

I genuinely can't tell if you're loving with us right now

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

3 has the better aesthetic but 2 is a much better game mechanically and in world design.

I like DS3 but it's linear as gently caress compared to any of the other games

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_XyAz-VCpU

The real reason why 3 is the inferior Dark Souls

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

cowboy elvis posted:

If we're admitting to uncool opinions, I think Unreal Tournament is better than Quake 3.

The weapons are undeniably better but the movement in UT always felt sluggish as poo poo compared to quake.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Starcraft 64 was bad, but IIRC Command and Conquer 64 was actually quite good, it just lacked the FMV's because lol cartridges

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

Thinking of booting up Starcraft ii for the first time in like two years to check out the official co op mode. There were a bunch of co op custom maps I used to play for the first game but everything now is just mobas and poo poo

You remember when Counter-Strike blew up and like every other Half-Life mod was some derivative of that, all trying to catch lightning in bottle again? It's the exact same poo poo with DotA clones.

TBH those people wasted their time and should have focused on making Science & Industry clones

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Dancing around the NDA a bit

Initial Impressions of Quake Champions: There's a pretty good game here buried under some real dumb loving design decisions but it's still early days so it's likely to change.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Deathy McDeath posted:

Anime Macht Frei

Anime is Free?!!?!

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

subterfudge posted:

The bad gameplay joke was in reference to the people playing it. It's a lot faster than that.

Here's a vid of someone who doesn't suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLEUD0WnTzs

Problem is that for the modes implemented there's like 3 champions actually worth using as everyone else is too loving slow in order to control any items. Zoom increasing damage on certain weapons is heinously stupid.. Also one of the maps has the mega health and quad on a synced timer so if you're even moderately good you can roll the poo poo out of everyone every time they come back off cooldown.

Classic mode isn't implemented yet so who the gently caress knows how that's actually going to play, but champion mode is probably going to stay a pile of poo poo forever as it's inherently unfixable as the entire premise in anathema to how Quake actually plays.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Missionary Positron posted:

That looks pretty rad. I just hope you can turn off the inane character one liners.

You can but it disables the announcer as well :shepface:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

A friend of mine has been playing Wonderwall over voice while the game is starting in PUBG and jesus it's like catnip for white people

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

who knows they probably wanted to prevent people from just making GBS threads on the game right out the gate. which they're going to do anyway come the 12th.

the game looks nice but the whole champion thing is essentially a non-starter when it comes to deathmatch/1v1 poo poo which is like 90% of the competitive poo poo people care about. zooming increases damage on most weapons so you can melt people with an lightning gun, and one shot nearly every non-armored champion in the game with a zoomed in rail shot

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

orange juche posted:

Sooo, basically the same thing other quake games do?

The Rail does 80 instead of 100 damage in Q3A and the LG is doing like 33% more damage when zoomed in. So no?

subterfudge posted:

Only the railgun and HMG get bonus damage from zoom.

The first 2 weeks of the beta test this wasn't the case. I haven't been able to play since because bethesda's launcher refuses to download the update or the game in any capacity no matter how many times I reinstall it.

Bolow fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 9, 2017

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

This post gave me headphone PTSD

The pleasant sensation of a few more follicles of hair being devoured by the slide adjustment

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Suck it down War Crimes

My squad killed you :smugdog:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Naked Bear posted:

gently caress yes:

I remember getting excited about Survarium and that poo poo the bed magnificently.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Pesticide20 posted:

Next they need to figure out how zeroing works for the ACOG

If you set the zero to 300m the ACOG more or less works how it's designed with the assault rifles. It's hosed with the SKS and sniper rifles though

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

orange juche posted:

Collectathons suck but i am ready to go HAM on some loony fundie christian nutjobs.

I dunno, I feel like Far Cry games really only work if they have a villain worth a gently caress. So basically just Vaas, since Pagan Min is a loving step father who just wants you to enjoy some crab rangoon

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

How would an interrupter work with a minigun I wonder, I can't imagine you getting a much of a rate of fire out of that thing and that dinky piper cub engine

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Missionary Positron posted:

I can't find the tweet atm, but someone on twitter was crying about how Ubisoft didn't have the balls to make an FPS where you kill islamic extremists :lol:

Too bad there wasn't a hidden single player campaign in Far Cry 4 where you got to kill buddhist extremists and a drug cartel with your cool step dad Pagan Min

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

is that a joke in every far cry? wait through the opening expository sequence with the antagonist and the credits roll?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnCed-hb53E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Pesticide20 posted:

The added "air controls" are the greatest, because it gives you that false sense of security where you think you'll be fine going over a jump, because surely now you can control the bike and easily land that jump. You won't. You'll just die.

Still fun though and I'll continue to get on the bike because I like to live dangerously.

I had a proverbial treasure goblin practically deliver himself on a silver platter in front of me on one of those things. Dude ramps off a rocky outcropping like 20ft from me and falls off his bike and I drop him in 1 shot. He's got a lvl3 helmet a barely damaged level3 vest, a shitload of meds and an ar suppressor.

Thanks dude.

Also whoever Warcrimes_SA is I shot your UAZ and watched you fat finger f and roll out of the car and die to the zone :laugh: