Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
A Winter War mod for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam dropped recently.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1206240/Talvisota__Winter_War/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

GD_American posted:

Now that I'm out of school I'm finally considering getting the FF7 Remake. From 1 to Civ, how bad is the suck your life away factor

If you want to throw your life away for a few days pick up Bannerlord

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The Pepsi does nothing

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lights out
Guerrilla radio
Turn that poo poo up

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Playing through Half-Life 2 cooperatively with the Synergy mod is good fun

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Milo and POTUS posted:

I saw this picture recently on the internet somewhere and it was like some medieval game and it looked like background characters on the bleachers at a jousting tournament and they looked goofy as gently caress and I can't for the life of me remember if it was here or reddit or what

Was it Bannerlord?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Y'all fuckin nerds know other countries use a 24 hour clock exclusively right?

Nerds

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Journey is on Steam. Still wonderful.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ElMaligno posted:

hardspace shipbreakers is fun and thanks to whoever was speaking about it yesterday.

also i named myself after an Puerto Rican abolisionist and appended the ISWW (international space workers of the world) because imma unionize the space scrappers

Friend, you have violated the Lynx terms of service by attempting to unionize.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

get shipbreaker

its good

open ship

equip splitsaw

fire at reactor

enjoy pretty lights

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

How much is shipbreaker? I’ve been into Diablo 3 on Xbone lately and need a PC game other than Disco Elysium to pass the time (I either really loving suck or rule at this game; can’t tell.)

Actually more important than how much is it- what is it?

Have you ever wanted to do menial labor in the future in space?

Do you like slaving away for hours at a time to pay off virtual debt that will end with your painful death that gets deducted from your earnings?

Do you hate the idea of organized labor?

Then Hardspace: Shipbreaker is the game for you. it's currently $20, is in early access, and is by the same studio that released Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak and is currently working on Homeworld 3

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh yeah, it doesn't like it when you put more than 14,000 kg into the furnace at once

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Your game is just going to chug for a while

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hey all, in the discord we're going to start doing a virtual board game night using the tabletop simulator.

We're currently trying to gauge interest and figure out the timing, so if you're interested fill out this form: https://forms.gle/GNTfG47JKC4eZLWi9

Finally, it's a bit weird right now and not everyone that wants to play has or is able to afford the game, so we're going to try and arrange a little mutual aid in our community game night. People are already volunteering to chip in for four-packs, so please do not let lack of money keep you from joining in on socializing.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
lol HCT

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Made an announcement about GIP tabletop simulator night in #attack-and-dethrone-mods in the discord. It is the latest pin.

tl;dr looks as though we'll be playing TTS on the first and third Thursdays of every month, inaugural game night next week on the 24th

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Icon Of Sin posted:

Ohhh what are we playing? I’ve got TTS, but haven’t really checked it out too much yet.

Plan is to explore modded in content, starting with folks favorite board games and venturing out from there.

Thanks to the kindness of @Yooper on the discord (uncertain of SA handle) I have three copies for folks in need and of limited resources who would still like to participate. PM for a copy

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Virtual board game night on Thursday in the discord, if anyone is interested

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
6 pm Pacific/9 worst coast - board games in tabletop simulator. Going to start with Between Two Cities, a cooperative-competitive city building tile game and then move on to some trivia poo poo that N4I recommended. Join us, or not, what you choose to do is what makes your life unique

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Milo and POTUS posted:

Just uninstalled GTA5. God it feels loving GREAT. Like a terrible burden has been lifted. I've never played anything that felt so much like god drat work

Red Dead Online is p fun with other gippers

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Enjoy the new Duke Nukem Forever

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

GD_American posted:

At this point "trips over a trans issue landmine" is kind of the free space on the bingo card in pop culture

It isn't even a particularly harrowing minefield, most of the times people gently caress up it's from doing something incredibly stupid

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I feel quite justified in making GBS threads on EA's Star Wars entries when this is the poo poo they do

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I remember what you're talking about, can't remember who

Eta: it was Kurt Eichenwald, it was charged as aggravated assault

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

McNally posted:

Please tell me you're not saying "I don't think it's that big a deal" about the strobe effect when someone actually suffered a grand mal seizure because of it.

Right? Then they were harassed by people trying to give them more seizures. Not exactly something to play off

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Why are you dying on the hill of make video games safer?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Eej posted:

Intensity of stimulus to normal people has nothing to do with how epileptic people respond jesus christ lol

Right it's like holy fuuuuuuuuuuuck

If you want a good idea of what it's like to be epileptic, check out the biographical graphic novel Epileptic (L'Ascension du haut mal ("The Rise of the High Evil") in its native French). This dude inspired the art style of Persepolis. It's a fascinating insight into a hard to understand affliction and you have no idea how awful and callous it is to treat people with such disregard.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1405633742106996741?s=19

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Crash into groverhaus

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Aliens is fun. It owns getting overwhelmed by waves of xenos as the Marines around you drop and beg for help

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Lol hope you like rats.

I've been playing Alien isolation and goddamn I'm struggling to not just cower in a locker the whole time. Fireteam seems like a good antidote to this stress :haw:

I tried Isolation and was Too Scared to finish it. Fireteam is definitely the Aliens to its Alien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

boop the snoot posted:

iRacing if you want to get serious about it since it’s a subscription service.

Pretty sure that's what the pro racers play/stream before losing their sponsorships over heated gaming moments