Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

This reminds of something: In 249 BC the romans were battling Carthago, as tradition the romans offered some chickens some grains. If the chicken ate the grain the romans would win, if they refused the romans would lose. The chickens refused to eat. This annoyed the roman general Publius Claudius Pulcher who threw the chickens overboard while saying "Bibant, quoniam esse nolunt" ("Let them drink, since they don't wish to eat").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

So Sideshow Bob was right in a completely literal sense when he said some people want to be ruled like a king?

Oh, but I guess he said "deep down" not so clearly on the surface like we saw in the election.

Terry Pratchett posted:

If it continues long enough, even a reign of terror may become a fondly remembered period. People believe they want justice and wise government but, in fact, what they really want is an assurance that tomorrow will be very much like today.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Trogdos! posted:

Ben doesn't seem to have a very favorable view of Sweden

Denmark, a country where they recently passed a law that allowed the police to confiscate any valuables refugees take with them when they enter the country, is considered so lenient towards immigration by Garrison that he renames it Somalia.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

xthetenth posted:

They were glorifying the stomping not the stomper. This isn't hard.

Th stomping shouldn't be glorified either: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So democrats are villainous enough to commit voter fraud but not competent enough to actually win because of it?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Trump hung that sign up the day he became president, and it hung over that bar every day until he took it down a little over two years ago. Know why he took it down? He started letting in dogs. Now Trump like just about everybody, but he sure don't like Mexicans or Muslims.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sandpuppy posted:

Trump's dumb decisions will bring ISIS, Hezbollah, etc. down on his head. AGC

It also won't do anything about the root causes of radical islam.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

This is supposed to be.....bad?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

I wish it was a thing in German. :(

Great stuff! Now do one for the Republicans!

Isn't Lincoln the only republican president that everyone agrees was great?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit posted:

I don't think you know how gendered pronouns work in English.

Does anyone?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Glenn Beck has spent decades radicalizing the right wing, he's no voice of reason

I remember how O'Reilly was considered the far right demagogue, then Beck came and made him look sane and now the Trump administration are making Beck look sane.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

No ring?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I'm guessing that supporting Planned Parenthood is.....bad?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Sequel to this cartoon:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

This is bad?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jurgan posted:

On the other hand, it's nice to see Lester is opposed to violence against women.

If he considered her a woman he probably wouldn't draw her with stubble.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Doc Hawkins posted:

To be fair, it's been a very slow news-week, must be pretty hard for political cartoonists to find material. Basically nothing's happened and everything's gone smoothly.

If you ignore the tragic terror attack in Sweden.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Because Pence is the adult and reasonable politician and not at all a hateful piece of poo poo?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

e:nm

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rickshaw posted:

I'd recognize a Kreider face anywhere.

Trump is the Kreider face incarnate.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Shangri-Law School posted:

Happy International Women's Day!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Because the black death is bad.

Nah.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consequences_of_the_Black_Death#Social.2C_environmental.2C_and_economic_effects

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Basically the same thing exists in French ("pas de bras, pas de chocolat") but it's a joke about unfairness, not something about how kids are expected to make the effort of growing arms.

Which tells you a lot about the danish way of thinking.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sandpuppy posted:

Is this an edit or was it actually published anywhere?

At any rate, I take some small comfort that when Lester, McCoy, or Ramirez croak, no one in the US will care. Though Ted Cruz might share a quick tear via Twitter when Branco bites it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's kinda weird that people thought they had to had to lie about her excesses considering that the reality would have been more than enough.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Crabtree posted:

And even if false, some dumb rich house wife just trying to give cakes out to people out of the naive ,yet possible kindness of her heart is better than the "POOR PEOPLE DESERVE TO SUFFER" mentality of the current self stylized aristocracy.

It's would be better than what Marie Antoinette actually did, which was pissing away the money on gambling and a village where she could cosplay as a poor peasant.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

I assume Dooche the artist also pays taxes.

Which is then spent on more art.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sandpuppy posted:

How can he drown in the swamp when he himself is made of swamp?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Does he think that Madonna is alias or something?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Somfin posted:

Incidentally, frogs have such terrifyingly autonomous bodies that the thing that kills them, if their brains are removed, is starvation.

Compared to chickens that's amateurish: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

On one hand gently caress Tinsley, on the other hand this is a thing that exists: http://www.harrods.com/product/polar-iceberg-water//000000000005521459

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Nenonen posted:

Happy Donald Duck page!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

To this day I will never get how the hell he expected to enforce this.
Oh, he had a plan:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

I more meant not just get shot when he showed up back on the mainland and demand everyone submit to him because he has a piece of deerskin.

He had a lawyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Does anyone like camping?

• Locked thread