Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

sleeptalker posted:

Treating large bets as evidence of a good hand and not a potential bluff is absolutely how an idiot like Garrison would play poker.

How does someone gently caress up an analogy that badly?

Political Cartooning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

"Look at this sensationalist headline I found that's not indicative of reality. This is why you should be xenophobic like me."

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

"Mr Noseworthy" is dog whistle racism, right? Just a wink wink to other like minded folks.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
edit: eh nevermind

Zesty fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 3, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

So uhh.. You got a nice job? Because if these schmucks can do it with their schlock I think you could do just fine with this style.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Samurai Sanders posted:

But he IS talking about gay sex this time, right?

I would say yes. But I appreciate this reply.

seiferguy posted:

Agreed. Not feeding the bears shouldn't be equated to slashing food stamps and welfare.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Uhhhh... Oh it's a bowling ball.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I dig the space painting. It's a shame he found out his bread would only get buttered with political cartooning.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Internet Webguy posted:

Someone seems salty about how clean Obama's administration was. Not even enough dirt to start an investigation.

I appreciate that there are so many cartoonists saying "Nothing is wrong with Trump." Loudly. Repeatedly. Synchronized with each other.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

"Everyone I hate are the same people."

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Yeah I remember when those Democrats Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan said we had to elect them to find out what his health care plan was.

Even the original message is absolutely dumb. "Democrats did dumb thing. Now we're doing dumb thing. Checkmate." :psyduck:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

"People who like fun things are dumb and you should think so too." - :tinsley:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What did Pelosi do recently that has the GOP afraid of her?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
From his wikipedia page:

In 2006, Tinsley was arrested twice for driving while intoxicated, once in August and again in December, both Class A misdemeanors. After the December incident, he attacked the sentencing judge, Roderick McGillivray, in several of his comics.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

This is so obviously dog-whistle bigotry that I had to go make sure it wasn't an edit.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

I love the hammer/sickles. "We're not colluding with the Russians. YOU love the Soviet Union."

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ben Garrison posted:

They don’t need God to assign them their sex. They tell God how it’s going to be.

:black101:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Any day now.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Abyssal Squid posted:

I mean, unlike Saddam Hussein and Iran, North Korea actually already has both nuclear weapons and the means to deploy them. "Any day now" is a retort to "Saddam did too have WMD, we'll find them! Just you wait!" and "If we don't bomb Iran immediately, they'll have nukes tomorrow! Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran!"

That doesn't mean the Iranian nuclear program wasn't a threat, or that invading North Korea is a good idea (that cartoon is arguing against provoking North Korea, for instance by invading), but the situation is completely different. Please don't be a partisan drone. :(

Flavor of the month is a scary nuclear threat. They'll use those nukes any day now. :supaburn:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

"How do I exploit this tragedy to advance my agenda?" - Branco :ironicat:

Zesty fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 1, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I usually skip posting the non-political Dan Lietha drivel. But gently caress him.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

toanoradian posted:

That forbidden fruit looks like a bunch of grapes than an apple. Is there a consensus on what the forbidden fruit looks like?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_fruit#Identifications_and_depictions

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Lord Hydronium posted:

I hope someone beats Ben Garrison over the head until he gets CTE.

Can we stop making posts like this in this thread? I'm sure there are better ways for us to voice our disapproval.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

lol that you’re spending your precious time on earth going to bat for objectively bad people

Couldn't give a gently caress about them. I think we can do better than wishing bodily harm or cancer or whatever on people just because they drew a cartoon we didn't like.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 19, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

endlessmonotony posted:

I don't know if you two are ironically this stupid or actually this stupid, but one side's trying to kill a whole lot of people (that whole healthcare thing) and strip basic human rights from a lot more.

I guess the only way to fight unhinged deranged speech is with more unhinged deranged speech.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Sandpuppy posted:

Mikey really hates high speed rail, apparently.

Ramirez lives in Californnia. Try living in a midwest state that goes years without being able to afford to keep the potholes filled on main city roads.

There's a lot of cartoonists AGCing themselves today.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Bank [are] Uptcy? Man cartooning must be hard when you don't have artistic talent or wit.

Sir Tonk posted:

Hold on, did Stiglich seriously just throw some text on there and not even bother making it look remotely hand drawn

He traces stuff too. Just start googling things in his comics and you'll find the exact thing he traced in the first few rows.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

• Locked thread