Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pants Donkey posted:

Is "ketch him a yard, ketch him a road" basically "give him an inch..."?

See him at home, see him on the street.

Basically "sure these guys are all tough when they're beating their wives, but they turn into big sissies on the streets" I guess? Not sure if it's supposed to be more anti-domestic violence or anti-gang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Bloodnose posted:

Isn't his name like Weed Potman and coffee is a fig leaf for drug use?

No, Weed is the mad scientist guy who does the weird rants all the time. The coffee guy is Angus, and I think it's just about how much the author loving loves coffee.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

It's going to be difficult to fit all that on a hat.

"I hate those smug fuckers in their MAGAFAWRMVRFVMAWAHNDEWAGAWAOATCTOAIADAFGIOAETTOGGBASTHAPTAFWBPCAP hats."

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ranter posted:

You messed up a few of the letters

Well I'm not reading that poo poo again, so it'll have to stay that way.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Trapezium Dave posted:

Eight years of an Obama presidency and the worst scandal cartoonists stick to him is "he plays golf".

Hey, some of the real diehards still harp on the fact that he used to smoke too!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Xander77 posted:

The gently caress was the Twitter "brand" before he came along? Who was going "yeah, this is a great platform for productive communication"?

It was just a fun social media platform. But their association with the alt-right neo-nazis harassing people actually prevented twitter from being sold last year. That's why they finally started trying to police it a little bit and kicked Milo Yiannopolous off.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Oh god the brits are gonna have a field day with this.

It's David Cameron hosed A Pig all over again.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

McDragon posted:

pissagate

e: peemails

E2: benghazpee

Goldengate.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I love Toles' Trump so much. How wide can he get? :allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RoboRodent posted:

Apparently my father, who's turning 60 this year and wears his hair past his shoulders, usually in a ponytail, occasionally has his peers lecture him about how he needs to cut his hair already because he looks so ridiculous and he's way too old for something like this. Cut your hair and be respectable already! There's some real, honest anger towards anyone who doesn't conform to the masculine ideal exactly, I guess. poo poo's hosed.

My dad told me the other day that when he was a teenager, if your hair touched your ears you would be sent home from school.

The past is a foreign country.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I've really been enjoying Arend van Dam's output lately. His childlike style and opinions are very fitting for the Trump era.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That's what I thought too, but I'm behind on Ms Marvel.

That's exactly what happened, it was just terrigen gas so she's an inhuman. It's also the origin for the new Moon Girl.

Marvel is doing a thing where lots of people are randomly turning into inhumans because, unlike mutants, they have the exclusive movie rights for inhumans :v:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I love Kal's style. It's like the great early 20th century cartoonists Ramirez is always trying to ape.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

FishBulb posted:

Yes they are

Probably depends on school districts and stuff though.

Yeah I had to learn cursive in grade school. But I did not have to use it, ever, so I don't remember a bit of it.

It's a stupid thing to do anyway. Why should kids learn to write in a way that's harder to read which was designed for ease of use with quill pens?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The way this is written makes me think it's about a very specific person. No clues on his twitter, sadly. This must have been a real conversation :v:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

e: it's me, I'm the one who misread the Rall cartoon and gave him too much credit.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tenebrais posted:

I can't tell if Dees is being metaphorical or he literally thinks Trump is a snake person.

Fifty-fifty odds.

Dees does not deal in subtlety. He 1000% believes Trump is a snerson.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I don't follow English news much, is 'Secy' a commonly used shorthand?

"Sec." is more common, but I've seen "sec'y" before.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The problem with depicting a reverse witch hunt is that it implies that normal witch hunts are good things that we should all enthusiastically engage in.

Although given that it's Branco, he probably does think that McCarthy was a hero who valiantly defended the US from hordes of secret communists.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kopijeger posted:

Why would you deport Caucasians with non-european ancestry to Europe? Most North Africans and Middle Easterners and quite a few Indians and Central Asians were at least historically considered part of the "Caucasian Race".

:thejoke:

Trump wants to just send everyone who is deported to Mexico, no matter where they're from originally.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm gonna take a dump on your keyboard if you ever type out something this goddamn stupid again.

Get a load of this idiot who doesn't have Tei on ignore.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Erenthal posted:

What the everloving gently caress is this even saying?

"Liberals' love of diversity blinds them to the inherent evil of all Muslims".

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Lemming posted:

cool

cool cool cool

I know it's Mac, but he's actually talking about literal monkeys. It's a dad joke.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

OldTennisCourt posted:

The answer is that Mr. Fish loving sucks. He's a less annoying Rall.

Mr. Fish can actually draw and occasionally makes genuinely good cartoons. That puts him miles ahead of Rall.

Even when you agree with Rall, he's insufferable.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Holy gently caress.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It's probably just "A Thing Happened" and Kirschen is too senile to understand the implication.

Or he's just gone completely off the deep end. It's literally plucky li'l Assad!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I'm pretty sure that the Romans allowing Jesus to be taken down from the cross and buried was not the miraculous part. They probably just had some more people to crucify and needed the space.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I thought he himself was popular with citizens, but his party hated him, and people hated his party?

He's popular with the people who vote within his party, not in general. Otherwise Labour would be winning more elections. The other politicians in his party generally hate his guts because they're a bunch of horrible blairites.

That's why they kept having intra-party elections to try and kick Corbyn out but he kept winning.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

KillerJunglist posted:

gently caress fish. I'm surprised he resisted using 1000 words to say this stupid poo poo.

And yet you yourself are using words to criticize him :smug:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Xander77 posted:

Tinsley profile stuff:

Whoops I forgot to tell a joke / Stewart is a Jewish pedophile

DUI judge.

"MLK day? More like squirrel appreciation day, amirite?" (Did he stop doing these? Can't seem to find any examples).

Trans people just identify (bleh) are whatever they are (could use some examples of these)

College commencement speeches into the blank void about how much education sucks.

Mallard Swillmore, Anthropomorphic Republican Duck, Ye Old Fowl Herald (I could use an archive of the Herald)

This gizmo / snowflakes.

Anything I'm missing?

There's a tumblr for Ye Fowl Herald. I'm not sure if it has ALL of them, but it has a lot.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The US tax code is the only thing protecting economic growth from the destructive policies driven by Trump. A good cartoon.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

These Zelda comics are fantastic, please keep posting them.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

His Divine Shadow posted:

Whenever some bigshot rich gently caress ceo/politician says that I always groan inwardly. I dunno it just seems to me that "taking responsibility" for something should mean accepting some actual consequences then. But since when has that ever happened? Taking responsibility my rear end, just plain out pissing in peoples faces when you say things like that.

She didn't get to be president.

Should Hillary Clinton be banished for the rest of her days? Wear a hair shirt? Tour the rust belt flagellating herself with a knotted rope? I honestly doubt she'll ever run for office again.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

He already did one decrying Macron, he's not gonna bother with another.

Or he'll double down and show dirty ISIS cheering the victory or whatever.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Lemming posted:

It's the wrong staff too

It's also, you know, a positive symbol

It's hard to blame Ramirez for that one when it's all over hospitals and medical organizations. It's a much clearer reference for a political cartoon than the single-snaked Rod of Asclepius.

Alternatively, its a reference to a method of paying for healthcare rather than medicine so the caduceus is actually more appropriate!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

AGC.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Office Pig posted:

Anyone else hate it when Rall drops 'cuz' into a speech bubble? On top of hating Rall?

I do, it's a symptom of him writing everyone like himself. He only rarely uses actual quotes, and combined with his awful caricatures it makes his cartoons much harder to parse than they need to be.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Cat Mattress posted:

Japan needs greater representation of its Ainu minority.

There also tend to be a lot of racist depictions of Korean and Chinese people, and general racism towards southeast asian immigrants. Japan is not the monoculture it pretends to be.

But their racism looks different from ours. Saying "look at then besmirching the purity of French literature!" is pretty goddamn ridiculous.

Also that show does sound pretty good.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pants Donkey posted:

What's the deal with fox hunting? Are they endangered in the UK or something?

Sounds like it's a class thing. Even Tory voters don't really care but it keeps ending up on their manifesto because TRADITION.

There are, if anything, too many foxes in England, but rich people chasing them with hounds and shooting them is not an efficient way of controlling the population.

Begemot fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Could this be Kelly's origin story? :ohdear:

• Locked thread