Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/cevangelista413/status/861314755398643713

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Hollywood studios should probably stop casting Charlie Hunnam and Sam Worthington in anything.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

*quietly gets hype for The Predator: Ridin' Dirty*

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

syscall girl posted:

Depending on what you mean, I can get on board for this.

Basically this, but with Predators.

And tanks/APCs instead of cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFXPxpMRGEU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Batman's movements didn't even look human in that scene. It was a good scene. Too bad the rest of the movie was made of poop mixed with corn.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I'd like to think that Anime is one of the top reasons why intelligent alien life refuses to make first contact with humanity.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I especially liked the part where Cruise got his sidekick and girlfriend to sign billion year contracts to join the SeaOrg.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

Hahahahahaha. You joke but Jake Johnson is said to be insufferable pro-Scientology on the New Girl set.

Oh poo poo! I had no idea. :stonk:

drat you, Hollywood and your frightening alien cult!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I saw Battlefield Earth under the influence of prescription painkillers due to a knee injury at the time, and it's still, to this very day, one of the greatest comedies i've ever seen in a movie theater.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Fatman sure sounds a lot like Stan Lee, now that I see that clip again.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Dracula, played by Clint Howard.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

I call him Duke Nuke Them, because nicknames are for friends and Duke is no friend of mine.

Keeeeep the chaunnnnnnge!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Milana Vayntrub, the AT&T commercial actress, has been cast as Squirrel Girl.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Star Wars Episode IX: Legalize Ranch

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I had never read the novel, and I ended up seeing Sphere in the theater when it was released, and the "Crashed and time-displaced American spaceship via wormhole shenanigans" reveal was really cool. A shame the movie couldn't take that ball (sphere?) and run with it.

The "BASURA" sign had me like "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?"

A cool concept. Poor execution. Solid cast, too!

Alas.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

wyoming posted:

Sphere was a weak sequel to Event Horizon.

This is correct. Goddamnit, was Event Horizon ever rad.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

That three note musical motif at the end is definitely from Willy Wonka.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Valerian is bombing hard as expected and is going to earn less than $20 mil this weekend domestically.

I can't believe a movie based on a weird French comic book, featuring two incredibly wooden B-list leads, is bombing miserably!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Holy poo poo. Dark Tower doesn't even crack an hour and 40 minutes?!?

That's some poo poo right there.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Make your movie 4 hours long if you want, but put an intermission in there so people can go pee.

I would honestly welcome this.

I probably would have ended up enjoying something like, say, Superman Returns, a lot more if the movie had a little 15-20 minute intermission in the middle of it's seemingly 4 hour runtime.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Idris Elba is very cool and i'll end up seeing it, too, but I can't recall the last big budget movie based on a known IP that was so short.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Samuel Clemens posted:

It's French. You can't trust those cowards!

If anything, i'd think that the French would want to collaborate with as many theaters as humanly possible.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22l3qMN1XOk

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpnNhfL74bs

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

LesterGroans posted:

If this thread is just posting MadTV sketches now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBD94cs0T8

Sasso's Gandolfini kills me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CpAE9c1lN8

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Transformers did 9/11.

Starring......Martin Sheen?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The studio had better hire Wesley Snipes to try and stop him.

A reverse Spartan/Phoenix scenario, if you will.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The MSJ posted:

In a very ironic development, Katie Holmes is going to star in the adaptation of The Secret.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/878043-katie-holmes-to-star-in-movie-version-of-the-secret

The Wu Tang Clan is going to be pissed if Katie Holmes spills the beans.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Lionsgate should swoop in and grab the 007 rights. Let James Wan direct a hard-R version of James Bond.

I'm talkin' tons of body horror. The kind of body horror that Cronenberg or Lloyd Kaufman would take one look at and determine that it went "too far".

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

James Wan seems like a weird go to guy for this fantasy

Wan either produced or directed all of the Saw movies, and Lionsgate has been involved with stuff like the Saw series, Hostel, Cabin Fever etc;etc, and Wan is a fairly big name these days so I say let him go for it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Sure, he's already played The Dark Knight

I'm ashamed that I knew what this was going to be before I even clicked on it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

David Lynch was supposed to direct ROTJ.

I say let him do Episode IX. I mean, Laura Dern is already playing a character in this universe, right? Everything fits right in.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Ego-bot posted:

I'd like to see the guy that directed Tron: Legacy and Oblivion do it.

I'd be down for Daft Punk and M83 having cameos in Episode IX.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Looks like that film series you like is coming back in style.

"DEAR STAR WARS FRIENDS, THE TIME OF THE REPUBLIC IS AT AN END!""

Edit: Read this line back in your head in a shouty Gordon Cole hearing aid voice and tell me it isn't funny.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 6, 2017

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

What's the crossover fanbase for Star Wars and The Room? It's the only likely way we're gonna get vampires in the canon. #tommyforepisodeix

"I DEED NAUT FORCE CHOKE HER! YOU'RE LYIIIING! I DEED NAUT!"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Harmony Korine.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Jordan Vogt-Roberts.

https://twitter.com/VogtRoberts/status/905210343378571265

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Get James Earl Jones to direct.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwartzenegger to both return for Terminator 6

quote:

She’ll be back.

After waving hasta la vista, baby, more than 25 years ago, Linda Hamilton is returning to the world of Terminator, reuniting with James Cameron, the creator of the sci-fi franchise, for the new installment being made by Skydance and Paramount.

Cameron made the announcement at a private event celebrating the storied franchise, saying, "As meaningful as she was to gender and action stars everywhere back then, it’s going to make a huge statement to have that seasoned warrior that she’s become return."

With Hamilton’s return, Cameron hopes to once again make a statement on gender roles in action movies.

"There are 50-year-old, 60-year-old guys out there killing bad guys,” he said, referring to aging male actors still anchoring movies, “but there isn’t an example of that for women.”

Tim Miller, the filmmaker who made his breakout feature debut with Deadpool, is directing the sequel, which is returning to its roots by having the involvement of Cameron for the first time since 1991’s Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Cameron is producing along with Skydance. And the new film, which will be distributed by Paramount with Fox handling it internationally, is based on a story crafted by Cameron. Cameron and Miller created a writers room to hammer out what is planned to be a trilogy that can stand as single movies or form an overarching story. David Goyer, whose credits include the Blade and Christopher Nolan’s Batman movies, Charles Eglee, who created Dark Angel with Cameron, and Josh Friedman, who created the Terminator TV spinoff, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, were part of that room.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has starred as both a bad guy and good guy portraying the cool killer robot sent from the future, is already set to return and with Cameron and now Hamilton on board, the new Terminator film will once again have its original creative team.

Hamilton starred in the first film, The Terminator, released in 1984 as a low-budget genre play, playing one of the silver screen's strongest female heroines, Sarah Connor. Conner was a waitress who is being hunted down by an unstoppable killing machine, played by Schwarzenegger, sent from the future. Connor learned that in the future, machines have taken over and that she is the mother of the human resistance leader.

The actress returned to the character in Cameron’s 1991 sequel, which was a summer blockbuster that pushed the visual effects envelope and set box office records for that time. This time Connor, buffed and in prime fighting form, was a hard-edged, take-no-prisoners warrior who fought like a bear to protect her son.

Both Hamilton and Cameron, who were married to each other in the later 1990s, sat out the installments that followed in 2003, 2009, and 2015.

Story details are, of course, being kept on a secure hard drive at Cyberdyne Systems, but Cameron and Miller are treating the new movie as a direct sequel to Cameron's Judgment Day. And the themes of the potential evils of technology will once again be at the fore.

But the new movie will also be seen as a passing of the baton to a new generation of characters.

"We’re starting a search for an 18-something woman to be the new centerpiece of the new story," Cameron said. "We still fold time. We will have characters from the future and the present. There will be mostly new characters but we'll have Arnold and Linda’s characters to anchor it."

Hamilton is represented by Innovative Artists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

So apparently 3, 4 and 5 never happened, according to this article. They're being erased via time fuckery.

• Locked thread