Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af86I5Er_Mc

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Aug 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't think it was ever gonna be big, but Netflix somewhere hosed up and put Hitmans Bodyguard online so there's been a clean copy going around for a week. Can't help takings.

A loss for the studio, a boon for meme enthusiasts. It's a very gifable movie.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I remember something Chris Klein did after American Pie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id7DLq7bpTw

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

D'oh.

To make up for me whooshing like that, here is a more recent thing that Chris Klein did (2016).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7URIuJTLGXY

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 10, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The Slow & The Mildly Annoyed: a spin-of starring Eastwood's character.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

This popped up in a playlist for me the other week and I was what even is music

I like that song, it kinda reminds me of Aphex Twin's ΔMi−1 = −αΣn=1NDi[n][Σj∈C[i]Fji[n − 1] + Fexti[n−1]]

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

There were a few cases of children getting trapped trying to crawl down into sewers to look for mutated martial arts turtles and had to be pulled out.

It could have been worse: http://pbfcomics.com/comics/secret-mutant-hero-team/

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Len posted:

It wasn't Hook who forced them to mine and it was just the one song (unless I'm forgetting something)

It featured both Smells Like Teen Spirit and Blitzkrieg Bop. Which makes you wonder why they didn't do more, because it's not like they were afraid to censor lyrics by leaving parts out. They could have easily done something like... KoRn's Freak on a Leash. I just know Hugh Jackman would have killed with that one.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

god is sending you a sign and you need to take this opportunity

I wouldn't listen to Him, he's a weirdo.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

got any sevens posted:

Blade Runner isnt a biopic but the main character loves a two year old

What is worse: loving a two year old adult or a thousand year old in a teenager's body?

Don't answer that question. Especially you, Japan.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Resting Eastwood face.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

My favorite thing about Pain & Gain is the words "this is still a true story" popping on screen about half a minute after you asked yourself "wait, this actually happened? :stare:"

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I've never seen Pink Flamingos, but people who do all say "piece of poo poo".

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Because of the internet I've known about A Christmas Story for 15 years, but I've never even seen it appear on television. I've got dozens of channels from various European countries, a lot of them cramming in Christmas movie after Xmas movie during the holidays. Yet somehow A Christmas Story has always been a no-show.

What you can bet on is that various European channels will be airing "Drei Haselnüsse für Aschenbrödel". Made in 1973, a yearly tradition since who knows how long.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 26, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Plus, they have new comic relief character in Scott Eastwood.

My thoughts exactly. They could even assign all playboy traits to Ludacris' character and make Nathalie Emmanuel (Ramsey) the only hacker/tech wizz on the team. Tyrese's character is very replaceable.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I'd gently caress that Bigfoot!

Seriously tho, that is not the kind of movie I'd expect when you say it features McShane, Shannon AND Perlman. You almost think they signed up because the director or writer is a big name, but a quick visit to IMDB confirms that neither has worked on famous things.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 2, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

My hope is that an ongoing series of seemingly minor miscommunications culminates in Christopher Lambert being cast as Raiden.

Unless he had LASIK no one is ever handing that man a sword again.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

A movie that features that features Michael Shannon smiling without malice? Very disturbing...

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

not trolled not crying posted:

First thing I thought of when seeing the picture:

It's not too late Universal, you can save the franchise!

Somehow I noticed Tom Cruise right away, yet I didn't see the second Johnny Depp until the second time :buddy:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Anonymous Zebra posted:

I think people are going to probably find lots of different reasons they didn't like Justice League. The honest truth is that Whedon and Synder likely could have created two very different movies that fit their vision for how to make these kinds of things that some people would hate and some people would love, but when you try and mash them together into a rushed project that didn't even have time to make proper CGI enemies and apparently lacked anyone with the creativity of suggesting a certain actor just wear a fake beard, you kind of get a weird mess.

Ugh, like people needed more reasons to take endless screenshots from Zack Snyder movies...

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Does anyone know the language enough to tell if there's context to why a stage magician is a vital part of their plan to blow up an asteroid?

Maybe he is like Nicolas Cage's character in Next, able to see the nearby future? I am somewhat confused as well.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Gonz posted:

The first trailer for Jurassic Park 5 drops Thursday.

If you are going to ignore the actual title you are obliged to call it Jurassic 5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edJsgxSPZgY

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

There's barely any dialogue in Blame!. There's no way that could have a proper live action adaptation.

I want there to be one, but I just don't see it happening.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Hugh Jackman is actually playing PT Barnum. No animals (outside of a carriage drawn by two zebras for some reason?), just the all-singing all-dancing crap of the world.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Lobok posted:

This was what I was going to mention earlier. Heist movie + arrows and swords and castles and poo poo + a heartwarming 'eat the rich' message for all to enjoy.

Sounds like it would really be in Guy Ritchie's wheelhouse.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

That woman you see putting on lingerie in the opening shots is a dude, who seduces a book writer to steal his notes and money because a witch dressed in tribal witch doctor clothes (and with a midget) has been selling the writer the dreams of Jackie Chan's dead daughter who was brought back to life via a cyborg heart and magic blood.

Go on...

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Ah, brilliant!

[HomerWatchingTwinPeaks.jpg]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We Know Catheters posted:

I heard more movies using songs like that after The Social Network came out than Donnie Darko.

The Social Network did it first when it comes to trailers, but odds are "Mad World" at the end of Donnie Darko was an inspiration for (more) moody covers like that.

We've talked about once before in this thread (like a year ago), back then I compiled this quick list:

Odds are that you can find way more examples, especially if you add trailers/commercials for TV series and video games to the mix.

• Locked thread