Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Poor Masud. He's a tenacious fucker though. Life beats the absolute hell out of him but he keeps on kicking :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

I know that in EU4, most, if not all, Muslim nations at start get pretty heavily hobbled with a tech penalty due to being from a "worse" tech group than, well, Western Europe, really. Are there any similar penalties or imbalances in CK2?

The tech group system in EU4 was mostly retired in favor of the less quasi-racist system of Institutions, which while making the actual historical course of things likely no longer makes western Europeans intrinsically superior.

Edit: Whatever else may happen, Galind will always deserve kudos for killing two Kings and a Queen. Shame the Portugese King had the good sense to flee.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 28, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Allah has sent Sultan Hakam to deliver us from evil!

Sorely needed because god drat the last few rulers.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm surprised more people aren't commenting on Mega Ghana.

Mega Ghana. Yeah okay. :psyduck:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Yeah but on the other hand Muslim United States of America

Allah from sea to shining sea :911:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Wiz's Hohenzollern lp, the Paradox ur-lp

I don't think that's quite the same as it happening in a game where the Muslim colonial power is the "protagonist" if you will

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

You can't be in a position this good and not do at least a little colonialism :colbert:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

The real puzzling thing I see is that over in India the Deccan Empire somehow formed, but then apparently got busted down to a rump state? They sure as poo poo aren't encompassing even a fraction of De Jure Deccan Empire.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Excuse me eldritch Australia

Which LP is this now

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

New Taifas

There can be no rest while the infidels yet hold so much power within Iberia! However, once our position is stronger the stories of Mansa Aboubakri's so called "New World" must be investigated.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Perhaps demanding specific wars is too shortsighted? None of us knows what the future holds, what problems and opportunities may come, so:

I, Qasim al-Cyrahzax of the enlightened and victorious Taifas, propose that we attack whichever Christian kingdom is weakest and most isolated, with particular attention being paid towards conflicts between them. The goal of these invasions is nothing less than complete annexation for each and every one of them, no matter how many wars it takes.

I, Qaptin al-Blivious, support this motion!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I think that, realistically, we've got enough going on without sticking our necks out for Sicily at the moment.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Actually, that raises an important question. Perhaps I missed it in Grand Vizier Hashim's writeups, but I did not see any mention of how the ruling faction changes. Do we, as Wali al-Anderson has attempted, simply defect at a whim between updates? Or will the Grand Vizier call for a formal realignment at regular intervals?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I will change allegiance to the League of Merchants

We are drained. Let us focus then on refilling our coffers and making Al-Andalus golden and wealthy. We will be ready for the French next time.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

What's the current tally, out of curiosity? I'm curious how close it actually is with the defections we've had.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

WilliamAnderson posted:

Given this, I propose that we develop the production on our gold mine up to 10, with the other development increases split equally.

Gold rules the world after all.

I, Qasim ibn Qaptin, support this motion.

I assume we don't even need a Policy to take the Exploration idea group and that's just kinda happening because it goes hand in hand with our policy to colonize westwards.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I should hope the Ulema have the good sense not to go through with this proposal. Our Alliance with the Celts is a pivotal resource. We've earned favors by coming to their aid, bloody though it was, it would be foolish to deny ourselves the ability to call in those favors when we need them. And I fear we shall need them.

The Taifas are right about one thing, if France gets a foothold in Iberia it will be a dark omen for all of us.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

catlord posted:

They've already crossed the Pyrenees, they have that foothold.

I'd hesitate to call that fingernail of territory a foothold. I'm more referring to oh say

The French subjugating Aragon. A possibility that should haunt us all.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

What is the Ulama doing that is bad, I haven't been paying attention.

They're trying to break our alliance with the Celtic Empire.

You know, one of France's major rivals and our best options for leverage against big blue.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

the JJ posted:

The "we won the electoral vote by YUGE amounts" proposal

As a merchant I propose we not ditch an important friend in the struggle with France.

Just because the Ulema are getting all puritanical doesn't mean we should randomly abandon an important ally at a time when the French threat looms large.

I, Qasim ibn Qaptin, shift my support to this motion.

We cannot let the Ulema destroy this critical alliance!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

As hilarious as an Islamic Celtic Empire would be, it is a deeply implausible outcome and one which we have no realistic means by which to bring about.

Or more accurately, any means.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Frionnel posted:

As useful as i think our alliance with the celts is, i'd rather we Merchants don't waste one of our actions trying to combat the Ulema, and instead use it for more useful things, like all the other proposals. There are other countries to ally, and ducats to be earned.

That presumes there is an action more useful for our second policy than combating the Ulema's madness. I say there is not.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

We will need the Ulama in time. If we are to make anything of former Christian holdings in Iberia, we must convert the populace to the true faith of the last Prophet.

It will just be a nest of vipers otherwise.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I stand with the Taifas.

The time is now.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Luhood posted:

Hmm, you're right. This has to end somewhere, and fast!

I, Lutfi al-Uthman of the New Taifas, hereby propose that in order to stave off any further rebellion we are to acknowledge and formalise the Dhimmi's rights before the Sultan, as well as the rights of any Qarbiyan Dhimmi that may arise due to the Merchants' efforts in the west. The rights of worship and language of all Dhimmi are to be protected in return for loyalty and a standard Jizya tax. Let Humanism become the future for Al-Andalus!

I, Qaptin al-Blivious, support this motion.

The status quo is untenable. We must make the Dhimmi feel genuinely Andalusian.

And perhaps our armies will grow stronger for it!

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 25, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I side with the Jizrunid Loyalists. The man has a 6 Milscore he's obviously divinely inspired.

Also: Gonna laugh when the New World is more devoutly Islamic than us in the long run.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Frionnel posted:

No CB best CB :getin:

Well, i'm not all too happy with Morocco taking land in the Caribbean, but i bet other people will want that alliance back.

On the other hand, gently caress Morocco get out of our islands.

They've not been the best ally in the past anyway honestly.

I'm genuinely curious where we're going next in the New World. Where does the lion share of our attention go? North America or South?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Affi posted:

Proposing a Joint Ulema/Loyalist vote!

Our lands need to be converted! Convert any provinces we can in Iberia!

I, Qaptin al-Blivious of the Loyalist, support this motion.

Tolerance is fine, but we could still stand to tip the demographics a bit in our favor where we can...

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

WilliamAnderson posted:

The first one doesn't even direct colonization. Also, it's all about the cash from trade, the land is secondary. There is no money for us in the north.

William is simply factually correct in this. I'd forgotten the precise trade node map, but it is true that getting anything out of North America would be monumentally more effort than Central America/Carribean/South America.

We really have no incentive to gently caress with it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Soup du Jour posted:

I'm no Merchant, or soothsayer, but an Andalusi successor nation on North America is worth more than any amount of ducats we squeeze out of the Caribbean.

Why not produce a successor nation in South America and make way more money in the process?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

It really can't be overstated what perfidious fuckers the Moroccans are and their alliance with the French can never be forgiven :colbert:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I, Qaptin Al-Blivious, propose that we move the capital to Tulaytullah, and take steps to develop it further as befitting its status as the City of Sultans!

We cannot govern from a position of weakness, and while Cadiz will always be in our hearts as the birthplace of the Jizrunids, may Allah bless them, Tulaytullah is the city befitting the times.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I sincerely hope the Celts rebuild fast enough to jam the knife home now that we've beaten the everloving poo poo out of the French.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

We hold most of Iberia and much of the Caribbean, you shortsighted imbecile! We will be resigned to be small when petty fools like you call for endless wars for the sake of your mad bloodlust, rather than taking advantage of peace to make ready. Do not abdicate your responsibilty by claiming you defer to the Sultan. You push for war upon our fellow Muslims - in the New World, no less - when we are surrounded by enemies! Our very capital was burned, and yet you still clamour for blood...

What did "fellow muslims" mean to Morocco when they allied with nothing short of an existential threat to Al-Andalus? Your sentiments are not shared you fool and the naivete of it will doom us all!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

It's not really worth getting worked up over war with Morocco or whatever as long as we keep plugging away at New World domination. Worse comes to worse we can pull a Brazil for a while.

But the borders

The borders!

They have part of the Carribean that is rightfully ours!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

We need mechanics to duel our fellow Majlis. :colbert:

Then the loser can spend the rest of that Sultan's reign in the Ghost Faction.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I forgot to ask, does this count as a coalition with my proposal, as Toledo and Tulaytullah are the same city said with different languages?

Honestly I didn't see that you suggested it :v:

Otherwise yeah I'd have proposed it as a coalition, but it also probably doesn't warrant a coalition. One faction could handle that policy.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 4, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

The one time I didn't vote. :negative: :smithicide:

EDIT: Because the group I'm in are a bunch of idiots for turning the entire Muslim religion against us.

Technically the majority of the Muslim religion turned against us on their own with no help from us.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Painting of the Session of 1555

:five:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

They got plenty of help from us beheading their envoys. :colbert:

I'm alluding to the Armenians you bidoof, who comprise the vast majority of the Muslim world now that they've conquered most of it.

They were out to make us subservient regardless of anything we did.

Hashim posted:

There isn't a Muslim reformation, but there is the potential for the Sunni world to be divided into two big blocs - the Armenian and the Andalusi - later on down the road. Depends on a few things happening though, like us refusing to bend to the Vakhtani Caliphate.

Obviously what we need is custom events to form our own weird Muslim/Christian of the Sikh syncreticist movement, assuming we stay the tolerant course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Can Merchants advocate for a colonial war if in power or is that a New Taifa thing.

Becoming displeased with how big the Almoravids are getting in OUR Carribean :negative: