Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is this the new thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Please add to the OP that Bloodborne is overrated and to take recommendations with a grain of salt.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

morallyobjected posted:

overrated games can still be good.

I wouldn't recommend it to general people though because you have to be willing to fail like 20 times before you succeed once, ad nauseum and general people don't have that kind of tolerance, even if the setting is cool.

I mean overrated by goons. Not saying it is a bad game, but it's definitely not for everyone, or even most people. It should be put in a category of games called "games to play if you hate yourself." A lot of goons hate themselves.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm hyped for Knack 3d

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have my PS4 Pro plugged into my gameboy. The only way to play.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Alright fine I guess I'll get Last Guardian since everyone keeps talking about it. I'm not a 100% cheevos dude by any means, how long?

I know it's a bit unique: comparable to any other game?

It should take 10-12 hours. I'd say it is most comparable to Ico but TLG is really its own thing. If they could make a patch that fixed the camera/controls it would be the best game of this generation.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah. That was the only thing I looked up online. You have to go to the far corner AND call Trico to come towards you. Just swimming over there does nothing.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

If you wanna game on an OLED and care about input lag I'd wait a year or two

The KS800 is just the best bang for your buck by far. There's better options i assume but probably at a 75% price increase

https://www.rtings.com is great and has all the info you'd probably need

There are a LOT of 1 star reviews on Amazon. 15% or so which is very high for a "best" item. Apparently there is a common problem where the bezel and the screen separate due to heat issues.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why is there even a debate about the pro?

If you have a PS4 already, you can wait. If you don't have a PS4, you are a fool to not spend the $100 and get the current tech. If you can't afford the $100 you shouldn't be buying a game system in the first place.

In the next year or so there will be games that run dramatically better on the pro. If you are thinking of upgrading, you can probably sell your old PS4 on CL for $200 and effectively halve the cost of upgrading.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I read the advice and still stayed in the Hinterlands. I did every single quest and then took down the dragon. Then I did the same thing in every zone I visited. I have no idea why.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

blackguy32 posted:

It reminds me of Mass Effect 1 where you get pulled in, this you get offered a bunch of boring rear end poo poo to do on the Citadel, and then even more boring rear end sidemissions. But when you play through just the story content on New Game Plus, the game is really fun.

It's not all boring. You can gently caress the consort and get a trinket if you do things in the right order which is stupid as gently caress but you get laid which is cool because space sex and space bros is what the game is all about. And many of the side missions are interesting as well.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I mean, if you think going to a low g planet with maxed lift and shooting enemies into space is boring, well I don't know what to tell you.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ethanol posted:

ive actually been enjoying tlg by playing a little here and there and then going back to something else. it seems like it would be really less fun to be slogging through the whole thing in one sitting

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800772

TLG thread.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Does anyone else think it is inexcusable that the PS3 had a great media remote but the PS4, over 3 years in, still only has a 3rd party POS?

The DS4 is simply horrible for media playback.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have other devices, but the PS4 is my blu ray player. That's the problem, really.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Last Guardian can be rough to play, but the experience is worth it.

It is probably the best game to come out on the PS4. Things can change, but 10 years from now it will be remembered as special in spite of its flaws while many other games will be forgotten.

It really is a work of great art. It does things that most developers don't even attempt. It makes you feel.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What is the deal with Knack. I see it mentioned a lot and am pretty sure it's a joke and I just don't get it. It's got bad reviews. It was a launch game. It's bad, right?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

It's a game most of us didn't buy, and for probably 2 years people un-ironically said "why no free Knack for PS+?!" every goddamn month until it became a meaningless in joke and just saying the word Knack is supposed to be funny now I guess.

Oh, then I did get the joke and it was so bad I just didn't find it funny. I'll save my $5. Thanks.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Beastie posted:

So I just watched my girlfriend play through Journey. It was a first for both of us. She really really liked it. Both of of us had no idea that the fellow travelers you meet aren't NPC's.

We came across them and just thought it was rudimentary programming that they spam a symbol and run around. It wasn't until after we beat the game that the reveal was made.

We were both blown away. Video games are art, sometimes.

Play it through some more. If you meet someone with a white robe and they are trying to get your attention, just follow them around.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why does the DS4 have such a lovely battery? It's kind of strange how bad it is in comparison to the other ones out there.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ImpAtom posted:

This may sound odd but have you tried turning the light down to dim and maybe disabling the speaker?

I've had my DS since launch and I've literally never had it run out of batteries unless I forget to unplug it, even during long-rear end sessions, but I did both those things.

You can lower the light on it? I'll do that. I've never run out of batteries, but I definitely notice the difference between it and my bone. I'd say I get 5 or 6 hours from the DS4 and over 30 from the bone.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SylvainMustach posted:

Considering finally getting a ps4 for FFXV and P5 and I noticed the slim bundle seems to go for around 270 on amazon. Is this generally as cheap as it gets?

I dont really have all too much interest in Uncharted but if that's the best deal I'll go with it.

Uncharted is the best exclusive on the system.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

CharlestheHammer posted:

Uncharted 4 is definitely not for everyone.

It's for more people than BB which is why it is the best on the system.

There really isn't much argument that those are the two best exclusives. If one is more accessible then more people would enjoy it hence, the better game.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SweetBro posted:

It's because the Uncharted series is an incredibly average set of games with insanely high production value. Not being impressed by something you've seen done hundreds of times is not seething hatred.

BB is the 5th game in a row that is basically the same. Except now the big draw is lessened by making it easier.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Just Offscreen posted:

What the gently caress are you on about?

The guy said that all the Uncharted games are the same, implying that was why souls games are better.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Electromax posted:

I like how that guy got piled on for suggesting Bloodborne is similar to the Souls games. People have such thin skin about that series around here.

It all started because I said Uncharted is the best exclusive on the PS4 because it is more accessible to a general audience. I didn't even say BB was a bad game. I said they were the two best games, but one was better because more people would like it. Souls fans are very strange and protective.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

CharlestheHammer posted:

They said it was the same game which is factually incorrect.

Sorry if pointing out people being wrong gets to you.

Could you explain how the boss fights are different between BB and the rest of the souls games?

I know the trash mobs are different in that you want to be aggressive rather than slow and deliberate. But the boss fights? Aren't those pretty much the same?

In terms of the controls. Are the games all pretty much the same? Or is there something different in BB? Same basic control scheme, right? Just a different strategy?

Since you are an expert, please explain to me how these games are all so different.

Not trying to be an rear end (this time) but I genuinely want to know what is so different. If I were to go down a list of checkboxes, I check almost everything the same in each except the one for how to deal with trash mobs. And I guess setting, but the setting still feels the same as the other games.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Captain Yossarian posted:

Can someone clarify how Knack resembles dark souls? Really pitch it to me? :grin:

Both are better than Fire Emblem.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Does anyone have an issue whereby you first turn on your console and it cannot get internet access? I have to quickly unplug the ethernet cable from my console and then put it back in before it connects. Otherwise it just doesn't get an IP address.

As mentioned try a new patch cable. If that doesn't fix it, try a different port on your router. If that doesn't work, then either your bone is hosed up, or your router is.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This has to be a mistake, right?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Akibas-B...type=10&veh=aff

I'm guessing someone mixed up Trip with Beat.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Especially because the price is so low. It seems like it has to be a mistake.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pretty bored by Uncharted 4.5. It seems to be going on longer than it should. I like that they are trying to make a story with female leads but they feel like they are written by men. I mean, you could just make them men and keep the dialog and they are the same characters. Re-using side characters from before keeps consistency but was probably a mistake. And the combat isn't really very fun this time. Hope this train bit is the end.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It doesn't help that Nadine looks like a man with small boobs and a female face. But at least it is something.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Attitude Indicator posted:

Are you doing a bit?

E: aww, you edited it.

I just didn't want to cause a stupid derail with a dumb joke.

What I mean about Nadine looking like a man is the body model. Wide shoulders, muscular shoulders. Just a weird choice for a female character.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What a poo poo post!

Not really.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey this is weird but if I've never played Uncharted is Lost Legacy a good place to get into the series mechanically? I don't care about the story like at all, but these games seem fun.

I'd say only play LL if you want more Uncharted. You don't play these games just for the gameplay. That is secondary to the story/characters. The jumping around bits in LL are the same as in any other game but the set pieces are pretty good. The combat feels worse in this one than in the previous to me. I'm not sure what it is, but I really don't like the combat this time around. It just feels off.

I'd say get the collection and play through that. The jumping and combat are improved with each game (but basically the same) and you may end up really liking the story/characters, too. It's also cheaper than LL for 6x more content. Better content.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

exquisite tea posted:

Uncharted 4: By all accounts a pretty good game, but could have been improved by more scenes of Nate beating up a black woman.

Had he killed her it would have made LL better, at least.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

glam rock hamhock posted:

Also a game where you play Metal Sonic would rule

Gotta go slow.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It also has the most treasure and a way to actually find it for the most part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mycot posted:

That was Waltzing Along too lol.

He's cried about muscular women in at least three separate threads.

No I haven't. But you can continue to make things up if you want.