Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Just finished Last Guardian. Very good game, Trico is ridiculously adorable fluffy goofball. Love when he just gets tired of my poo poo, picks me up and throws me to his back. Kinda sad I missed the caught in the act trophy though :(

Shame it's bugged with big frame rate drops. Like some scenes were sub 15 frames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Hah, yeah I missed that one too, I thought it would be obvious, since the percentage was about the same as the game completion one but I never saw it.

Apparently it frequently happens in the last roof. I was too late and were left with only the yellow aftermath :mad:

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Renoistic posted:

Does Last Guardian measure up to Ico and SotC? I loved the earlier games but I'm a but wary of LG what with the troubled development.

Echoing all the responses here, it's a great game in the vein of the those two. Only minus is the framerate drops on the standard ps4.

I actually started playing the team ico collection again after finishing LG. SotC camera actually made me appreciate LG's camera, which is saying a lot.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

haveblue posted:

Why is Sony posting utter garbage trailers lately?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM523jjrvf4

Even the trophies are amazing.

"Crazy wild dogs by starving followed the smell of my baby and threatening my family. Let’s defeat them with the female tiger."

https://www.exophase.com/game/life-of-black-tiger-ps4-2/trophies/

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

Apparently Squeenix broke even on FFXV dev costs on day 1 sales alone and they sold a million more units since.

Great if true. Really enjoyed the game and looking forward to the story DLC

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Jumping onto the Pro wagon. Getting ready for Horizon, Mass Effect, and Boost Mode. Got a 4k monitor, this one is supposed to be great if anyone is looking https://www.amazon.com/LG-27UD68-P-27-Inch-Monitor-FreeSync/dp/B01CH9ZTI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488268269&sr=8-1

AngelesXO fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Feb 28, 2017

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Isn't there a trophy to look under the main characters skirt with the camera?

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

For us euros, you can get 10€ back if you spend 50€ in March https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/03/01/spend-50-on-playstation-store-in-march-get-a-10-voucher-to-spend-in-april/

I guess I'm gonna pre-order MLB the show and buy some lovely 0,25€ avatar. Too many games, so little time. Horizon, The show, Mass effect, Persona 5...

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Speaking of does anyone know if they'll honour it if you buy something that's like £49.99 or does it absolutely have to be £50 or over?

Hmm good question. I have a vague memory of them honoring it, but I'm not sure. Would save me from buying the 0,25€ avatar.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Telltale game rankings:

Borderlands>Walking Dead Season 1>>>>>Wolf Among us>>>>>>>Everything else>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Game of Thrones

This is extremely accurate. Everybody should give Tales from the Borderlands a shot.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Genuinely looking forward to Madden's story rpg this year :shobon:

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

PS4 needs more anime pigs

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Long and great. 55 hours in myself

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

It was just the preshow where they showed VR games and indies. Actual presentation starts now.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

I guess after the success of Wildlands, Ubisoft decided to go heavy on co-op on Far Cry 5.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

drat, Europe has some pretty awesome new DS4s:

Got that gold one, it's pretty sweet indeed. The sunset orange is tempting too.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Grimes has twitch streams?! :aaaaa:

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Finally got to start GoW and yeah this seems to be a pretty good game

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

About Machine for Pigs, my group of friends like to play horror games together and after enjoying first Amnesia, our hopes were pretty high. But as mentioned before, it's quite dull and not scary. Those are kinda my fears about SOMA too, that is more of a moody walking simulator than a horror game. Nothing wrong with that, but just not what we are looking for.

On the other hand we've been playing RE7, and holy poo poo this game is scary. That bad guy chasing you and coming through the wall was perfectly timed and got me good.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Okay, gonna get Soma after we get enough courage to finish RE7

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

WaltherFeng posted:

Has anyone tried Phantom Doctrine on ps4? How does it run?

I don't think it's out yet. Later today, at least in Steam

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

GOD OF WAR HAS A loving BOAT IN IT, DO NOT BUY

C'mon spoiler that poo poo, man

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nOQ8kso6RQ

Next game from the makers of Until Dawn. According to the website: "The Dark Pictures Anthology - a series of intense, standalone cinematic horror games. The first game is Man of Medan coming to PS4, Xbox and PC in 2019. Don’t. Play. Alone."

Hells yeah, super pumped!

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

Given that the game is less than two hours long I probably wouldn't expect much variety. But it still looks cool, I'll probably check it out on Steam.

Really, that short?! drat.

At least it gives the Corn Love run for its money for the best theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjs5HIotqj4

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Few hours into Spiderman and really enjoying so far. Swinging and combat are amazing! The Ubisoft open world isn't the most innovative but it's been a while since I played one of those. Love the side activity where you take photos of the city.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Echoing the sentiments here on Days Gone. A few hours in and really enjoying it. Just a few gripes: as mentioned before there were some weird transitions in the beginning with the cut scenes(something was clearly cut). And the human AI doesn't seem too great as I had a moment were I was hiding in a bush with a silenced pistol and kept shooting at some baddies and they just kept saying "who's there?" etc.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Game good

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Seconding, thirding and fourthing the Edith Finch recommendation. Also the first overcooked is super fun co-op. It's a shame they sorta ruined the sequal by making it too easy.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

Is this true? If so I might have to check it out. My wife and I enjoyed playing the first game, but about halfway through it just became more stressful than fun.

Yeah, also I dunno if matters but we played with four players instead of two. We loved the hectic scrambling to barely get enough stars of the first one, but the in sequal we can breeze our way through to three stars. Haven't even bothered to finish the second one

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

goblin week posted:

Is anyone else getting constant messages on PSN from obviously throwaway accounts, filled with weird diacritic marks?

Yeah. I do enjoy their cryptic nature better than the adding-users-with-the-same-starting-letters-to-group-and-posting-"coupons"

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Some therapists do phone calls

Edit: as mentioned before.

FF7R rules and is very anime

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Also Cloud’s delivery on “Nailed It! Thanks, Moving On!” when Tifa’s first sees his dress is the best line read in the game, I genuinely like Cloud now that his personality really shines through.

Definitely! Laughed out loud on that. https://youtu.be/8HOxWKmfhEc

This game is a lot more funnier than I thought it would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Have they said what the launch games are?