Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

swickles posted:

At the time it was an out of nowhere team. Remember how everyone loved Boise St for a quick minute? Kansas, Wake Forest, and Texas Tech have all had moments in the sun and then faded back down.

Boise State had one of the greatest games in CFB history though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

PostNouveau posted:

People were saying he poo poo talked Jesus too, so I don't think he'd do well at Liberty or BYU.

He would actually do very well at Liberty, they really hate Jews

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

pillsburysoldier posted:

Baylor team chaplain is getting fired for having sex with a volleyball player

Yikes

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

General Dog posted:

I know better than to doubt anything bad that comes out, but where is this coming from? All I can find about a Baylor Chaplain is that one is going to be on Fixer Upper tonight.

If he is having sex with a volleyball player on the show, Fixer Upper might be worth watching tonight

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

General Dog posted:

Fixer Upper has surpassed the Davidian siege as the first thing people bring up when I mention I'm from Waco, I'm just praying Chip can keep it in his pants and they don't turn into Jon and Kate Gosselin.

It's either tabloid scandal, or a Duck Dynasty style scandal.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

DJExile posted:

hooooooooooo boy :stare:

Remember when Taggart's strength guy at Oregon got suspended for a month for giving players rhabdomyolysis? Remember how he apologized for it in January and supported the school suspending the strength coach? Now he's done a full 180

fuckin' kids just needed to drink more water

Need to follow Jabrill's example!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
It's absolutely true. The Michigan trip to Rome has been amazing.

https://pbs-h2.twimg.com/media/C-VjsLrW0AADjaK.jpg

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Michigan is currently at a gladiator training school, the coaches are fighting with foam swords in some kind of fighting pit

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

LeeMajors posted:

I'm not sure that it isn't McElwain, but I saw somewhere that it's probably the Jimmy Johns guy that has an actual history of defiling dead animals.

What the gently caress

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

LeeMajors posted:

I'm not sure that it isn't McElwain, but I saw somewhere that it's probably the Jimmy Johns guy that has an actual history of defiling dead animals.

You called it, it was the Jimmy John's guy on the shark.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

When the dumbest guy on Earth is clowning you, it's a bad look. That being said, I hope Liberty gets utterly embarrassed.

Donald Trump believes that the human body has a finite amount of energy, like a battery, and when that energy runs out, you die. Experts say that things like "sleep" and "eating food" can give you energey, but Trump doesn't believe that. He regularly tells people exercising that they are going to die young from wasting their energy.

None of that is a joke.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

We are one Clay Travis appearance in Ann Arbor away from allowing me to live my dream of punching a Nazi

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I am amused that the Baylor investigation is confirming the worst of what we expected, plus the new tangential problem of dogfighting.

Baylor wasn't just a rape problem, they committed all of the crimes.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/PardonMyTake/status/867071771278757889

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Sash! posted:

The Big Ten already has a quarter of the top 50 media markets:

#3 Chicago, IL
#4 Philadelphia, PA
#8 Washington, DC
#15 Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
#18 Cleveland Akron Canton, OH
#23 Pittsburgh, PA
#26 Indianapolis, IN
#27 Baltimore, MD
#32 Columbus, OH
#34 Milwaukee, WI
#35 Cincinnati, OH
#39 Grand Rapids-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek, MI
#43 Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, PA

And the states of Iowa, Nebraska, and New Jersey.

Where the hell do you pick next? The Big Ten would have to go beyond media market because they already won that race, unless they inexplicably get a Florida or Texas school and run up the score. Or go for Syracuse to actually get NYC, but....eh?

You forgot Detroit.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Henchman of Santa posted:

I maintain they should have done a total redesign after Sandusky

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/status/876111591028260864

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Coco13 posted:

It's 100 years old as of this season. The UW Athletic Department has been doing a cool feature where they post an article a day counting down to the season opener commemorating a person or group that's part of Camp Randall's history. It only took 10 days for the one about a drunk fan on field.
They've really leaned in to the historical preservation, rather than modern updates like Lambeau's atrium. Aside from some jammed concourses during halftime and no beer sales it's a great place.

Excited to go there for a game this season. Big Ten scheduling is bad.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Henchman of Santa posted:

So my friends and I have been working for a while on a podcast about Big Ten football. After dealing with some technical issues and a rough editing process we finally got episode 1 out! We're going through each program and talking a bit about their history, our predictions for this season and our general opinions on them, starting with Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State. I'm the first voice you hear.
https://soundcloud.com/bigdumbten

Any constructive criticism is gladly appreciated (besides "you guys talk over each other too much." We're well aware of it). I'll definitely be scouring TFF for content this season.

We also have a Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BigDumbTen

Do you guys have a Michigan fan who condescendingly looks at Michigan State as a lesser rival than most other Big Ten teams already

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

blugu64 posted:

Any idea where I can get schedule posters? (team or conference) I picked up a big 10, but would like to get the rest of the P5 (or at least big12 and sec) for the office.

Teams usually have them. I got some of those from Michigan.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

blugu64 posted:

I must just be googling the wrong keywords, thanks

Ask for college ticket offices.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Crotch Bat posted:

Hate that I never was around to see Bruce play for VT.

That is what makes YouTube absolutely amazing for college sports.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

iospace posted:

Hot take: gently caress big marriage ceremonies in general. Go to the court house and get it over with.

This is true

mdemone posted:

Now, don't be like me and marry a violent alcoholic with borderline personality disorder. I can't possibly stress that part enough.

This is also true

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

FizFashizzle posted:

at my girlfriend's sisters' wedding, the groom has twice as many grooms men as the bride has bridesmaids.

he just loved his frat so much

The most entertaining frat-based wedding I ever heard of involved the sister-in-law of the groom and the brother of the bride, who dated each other briefly and absolutely hate each other, only to now be related.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 18, 2017

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I am crying from laughing so hard

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Great title change.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Can anyone take this picture and add the following:

Huge Freeze making googly eyes at Katy Perry
Jim McElwain making googly eyes at the shark

Thanks.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Mississippi needs Lane Kiffin

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
A friend of a friend was The Bachelor, apparently it's a pretty weird show.

Also, you've gotta give up watching football to film it, since it's all fall long.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The Notorious ZSB posted:

If I were the bachelor I'd make my destination dates football games. gently caress that they gotta have time to let you watch a game if you're the title dude.

He doesn't have that kind of control, you just have to go with the flow, while also being completely disconnected from everyone.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Sash! posted:

Preseason #6 is the best start since preseason #4 in 1999.

Penn State's highest ranking since Jerry Sandusky announced his retirement before his last season, retiring to spend more time with kids.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Crotch Bat posted:

Well, I just heard a Howard Stern segment from probably 7-8 years ago where Uncle Luke recalls how much he loved pissing on girls and would take players (unspecified pro or college) and they would have "sacrifice days" where they would basically take a girl and defile her up to and including pissing on her. He also mentioned taking the Fab 5 to a strip club where they all got blown on stage.

Mondays.

GO BLUE

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

General Dog posted:

Couldn't they compromise and have a "Colonel Bear" mascot who dresses up as a plantation owner but has no explicit ties to the confederacy?

Is Colonel Bear a polar bear, because that might be popular?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The MGoBlog season preview podcast brought up a really good point about Florida: Jim McElwain seems to be really thinskinned about the topic of Jim loving sharks, but should he be thickskinned, after so much repeated intimate contact with the rough, sandpaper skin of sharks?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I'm watching every game from Michigan's 1997 national championship season, and the game at Penn State is an incredibly awkward broadcast, for reasons you can assume.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Randaconda posted:

What happened?

So far, early in the 2nd quarter:

- Charles Woodson scores a wide-open touchdown. Michigan 17-0, ABC immediately cuts to a shot of a stunned Jerry Sandusky. "Jerry Sandusky cannot believe it!"

- At the end of the 1st quarter, a Penn State TE is absolutely trucked near the sidelines. The Michigan player hits him shoulder to collarbone, but both helmets pop back and both guys are knocked out. ABC goes to commercial for the end of the quarter, and returns to a shot of the dazed Penn State guy on the sidelines, as Keith Jackson tells an amusing story about how the player was knocked out, awoke to "say some funny things" and the players and coaches "all had a good laugh making fun of him for getting his bell rung".

- Joe Paterno had his gameplan altered because his quarterback burst into his office to tell him what he saw on film. "And when you have a coach's son at quarterback like Mike McCreary, you've gotta listen to him!"

Just, lots of yikes.

EDIT: Charles Woodson gets another big gain on a long pass play. Cut to a frustrated Jerry Sandusky on the sidelines. "Jerry Sandusky is really going to be mad if Penn State keeps leaving Woodson alone. Don't be fooled folks, he isn't just a mild-mannered gentleman!"

Michigan is crushing Penn State, and ABC is showing Sandusky more than Paterno.

"That man right there, Jerry Sandusky, is not a happy camper with his defense" (cut to a small graphic showing yards gained, keeping the camera on Sandusky)

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 27, 2017

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
In the 3rd quarter, a sideline report starts off with "We all know there's so much to admire about Joe Paterno, but one thing I just saw is..." before talking about how Paterno watches film of his opponents. Every possible Paterno praise is fit in, every possible Paterno shot is cut to.

When a sideline report is on Michigan, it's just "I talked to Carr, and..."

It is 31-0 Michigan at this point.

I realized the media idolized Paterno, but I really wasn't expecting anything like this. It's pure adoration, and he's getting his rear end kicked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Late in the 4th quarter, Michigan is up 34-8. ABC has been showing highlights of Nebraska/Missouri all game (the kicked ball TD ending), but just showed the first in-game highlight of Tennessee's Peyton Manning, who threw a touchdown pass. After showing Peyton, ABC cuts back to the game, as Michigan puts in backup QB Tom Brady for the first time today.

• Locked thread