Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I don't have a particular issue with Washington being ranked above USC, they were more consistently good during the season. I think USC was better than Washington, but you can't just pretend like their losses to Stanford and Utah don't count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Crotch Bat posted:

If end of year polls are meant as a reflection on the whole season, absolutely not, Washington had a great year. If the polls are meant as a reflection on how the season ended then USC should be #3.

Speaking of, besides that Ju Ju Smith-Schuster kid did USC lose anyone else to the draft? If not I think they'll make a good run at the CFP next year.

Lets see, both starting tackles, a starting guard, starting D-Tackle, a starting safety, a starting ILB, Plus Juju Smith and probably Adoree Jackson.

So they return a ton of the skill players, and have good depth at O-Line becuase of past injuries

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 11, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Sash! posted:

poo poo, they could have made a good run at it this year.

I look forward to everyone coming to love, then hate, their QB. He looks like a bit of a douche, which you expect of your QBs, but I think he looks like a thumb.

He is basically :geno: incarnate, he is like the most boring interview of all time everytime I see him

But yeah, we probably could have gotten into the argument had we not hosed up the Utah game and blown our lead. I think the argument might have been even stronger since Darnold would have been unbeaten as a starter, but we got enough luck and bullshit back in the Rose Bowl.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i live in a world where Texas's secondary was anchored by Johnny Manziel and Robert Griffin III, who both went on to long and productive NFL careers

Don't forget about Andrew Luck at safety

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

MourningView posted:

Soooo about that

:(

Please don't leave, you're a good poster

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Sash! posted:

I am honored to be selected for this committee and look forward to being the out of touch old man everyone resents.

You already are :)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
2017 is loving weird, my friends

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

A few pages back, but holy poo poo, this is amazing

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

PostNouveau posted:

Are there ever any actual consequences for schools and coaches any more? It seems like the NCAA exists only to gently caress athletes who wash their cars with "university water" or eat too much pasta at a graduation banquet.

Hi, USC fan here, we're only starting to get back to normal depth after all of the sanctions

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

I feel like I'm trying to read Homestuck or some poo poo

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Sorry, I was super behind, but has anyone asked if it was Hugh Freeze?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Crotch Bat posted:

Vaccines lose efficacy over time but because of herd immunity you rarely see breakouts because between the young and the old it can't establish a foothold and spread. However, if someone that never got vaccinated for whatever reason got it and then was all in and around people who got the vaccine 20 years ago then yea, something might happen.

Vaccinated adults don't get something like chickenpox out of the blue essentially. Vaccinated adults in constant close contact with someone who has chickenpox might, though.

The notion of that seemingly permanent immunity is kind of false. Everyone typically needs a booster or two for this as they age. Usually, though, provided you don't work with the sick, young, or elderly on a consistent basis you can typically avoid these boosters but people like teachers, nurses, etc. should be getting boosters and staying on top of their schedule.

Get your pertussis boosters folks, whooping cough is super not fun

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Scarf posted:

Yall...

There's college football next weekend.

poo poo, I'm going to a wedding next weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I hadn't looked at USC's schedule yet, but man they got lucky, the managed to dodge both Oregon and Washington

• Locked thread