Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I hope the Meth Tiger doesn't over do it tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Penn State and Ohio State have the same number of wins, but Penn State managed to actually score points in its bowl loss. A whole mess of points. Ohio State looked like hot trash and deserves to be shamed.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

If end of year polls are meant as a reflection on the whole season, absolutely not, Washington had a great year. If the polls are meant as a reflection on how the season ended then USC should be #3.

Speaking of, besides that Ju Ju Smith-Schuster kid did USC lose anyone else to the draft? If not I think they'll make a good run at the CFP next year.

poo poo, they could have made a good run at it this year.

I look forward to everyone coming to love, then hate, their QB. He looks like a bit of a douche, which you expect of your QBs, but I think he looks like a thumb.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

whiteyfats posted:

Amherst Hamsters owns.

It's unique so I like it.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Alas all the new schools go with generic poo poo like Knights or Titans.

My high school hired its first coach before they had a name for the team when they built the place in the 50s. His last name was Knight, so we became the Knights then and there. When I was in high school, our coach had the last name King.

Unfortunately, both King and his Knights were terrible and the Pittsburgh newspapers never got a chance to use the puns and "clever" article titles you'd want.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

Jim Harbaugh's greatest regret in life is not having enough children at an early age so he could be solely responsible for the starting 11 of a defense at a place he coached.

My high school had a defensive line composed entirely by four brothers. The DC was their dad.

Makes you think

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

i honestly do not care what any of you people cram down your gullets

Food is food. If you like how it tastes, who am I to judge?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

TBeats posted:

YOU PROLLY SAY THAT BECAYSE YOU EAT rear end

Picanha is pretty good. I recommend eating more cow asses.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Waco did invent Dr Pepper, so there's that

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've been tricked into watching Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles so much that I've started yelling at the people on the TV like sports.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Adun posted:

MDL rankings are: NY > LA >>>>>>>>> MIA/SF

I agree. I like New York more because I hate LA architecture. Why is everything a white box, except for one glass wall, with an open staircase and infinity pool?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

im thankful i dont watch this retarded poo poo

Look at this guy that doesn't have a wife/girlfriend/mom

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I am honored to be selected for this committee and look forward to being the out of touch old man everyone resents.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Burt Reynolds tried to give us spring football, but Donald Trump ruined it.

That's got to be one of the most insane sounding, but factual, sentences about football possible.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Jordanis posted:

breaking news: Rutgers AD appointed Mod Emperor of TFF.

....has Rutgers outmaneuvered us all?

Oh the hubris we had! The Enemies of Rutgers Athletics were so vast in numbers that we thought there was no way to stop us.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

an adult beverage posted:

ahem, ₣R€€ $ho€$ Univ€R$itĄ

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Heck, Penn State was talking about playing in Florence, I think it was, for a neutral site game as a way to side-step the bowl ban.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Bill Snyder's in the hospital for an unknown ailment.

"super old" is a well known ailment

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Sab0921 posted:

I'm relatively sure I never learned anything that Sovcit's say in 1L. It's all nonsensical and is seemingly based on the Articles of Confederation being that the Constitution was an illegal coup of the rightful government.

What I am saying is that the illuminati has taken over all levels of the legal system in this country from the judiciary to the lowest levels of legal education.

Coup no, illegal...maybe? I mean, the guys that showed up to the thing weren't even sure and George Washington practically said "don't worry about it."

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Strobe posted:

News: Bill Snyder diagnosed with throat cancer.

Views: :smith:

News: Still intends to be on the field coaching.

Views: :unsmith:

They'll just wheel a chalkboard down the sideline so he can point vigorously at it if he can't speak.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

All my days are so elite that it has become impossible to distinguish an elite day from a typical day.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

vyst posted:

Always good to have low standards for yourself

Sounds like you need more coaching platitudes in your lifestyle. Believe to achieve.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

look at these not ranked #1 clowns :smugdog:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

TBeats posted:

the Wendy's Frosty Four for Four

I believe you are referring to the semifinals for the college hockey

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

USC got really good and no one noticed until it was too late to stop them

Plus "USC beats Penn State in a Rose Bowl shoot-out" sounds like you were just making poo poo up if you said it last September

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

whiteyfats posted:

Holy poo poo. :staredog:

I... wasn't expecting those kinds of stories.

That's exactly what I would expect.

I just assume every guy associated with teenage girls is a creepy Weirdo seconds away from being arrested

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I don't know about you guys, but nothing gets me fired up like lame soft folk rock about Jesus

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Register all mutants

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm still grumpy that Ohio State went to the playoffs and going to cite the Rose Bowl as evidence that Penn State would have at least scored against Clemson.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Spanier will do some card tricks, then disappear into a cloud of smoke accompanied by Dixieland music.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

an adult beverage posted:

lol @ 4.2

Urbz will run out of fake times to give out, he will start having players teleport to the finish line.

Its not a lie, if you believe it. --Coach George Costanza

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Lululemon is trash.

you got that right

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Glad I was an unathletic turbonerd, which appears to have saved me from being sodomized with the nearest rod or cylinder available.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

pillsburysoldier posted:

Man college football got dark this decade

It was probably worse, really, in the 70s and 80s.

Would it surprise you, really surprise you, if someone came up with evidence that Bear Bryant had someone shot just so someone else couldn't get a recruit he couldn't have?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

drunk leprechaun posted:

I think it's a balancing act. I imagine that MSU has played most MAC teams about a billion times and unless they catch a WMU RTB or good NIU team fans probably don't care. USU and Tulsa are both exotic for MSU and have been decent enough to pique fan interest but not good enough to likely beat Sparty. Get a (hopefully)safe win, but also get people in the stadium.

That or the AD's are all buddies or something. Who the gently caress really knows.

I know I'd much rather watch some oddballs like New Mexico State wander on in for a loss than Akron or Kent State for the 30th time in the last 35 years.

A decade back, I remember getting very excited for Oregon State coming to State College, just because of the novelty.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Popeyes blackened ranch is good.

Zaxbys zax sauce is good.

Chick-fil-A sauce is good.

Diabetes is good.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

TipTow posted:

Looks like the College Football Data Warehouse may be down for good. :(

I know there's Winsipedia, but it's not the same. I loved plumbing the depths of defunct college team records, or looking up AP/Coaches Poll finishes. Winsipedia also doesn't have a highly pixellated pic of Bob Stoops that was probably uploaded back in '99.

A dark day for mankind

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Frinkahedron posted:

sherman should have turned north

He did. Sherman made it all the way to Durham before the war ended.

Also, the Civil War did technically violate the 10th Amendment and Lincoln would have been a war criminal under modern definitions, but he won and it was the 19th century so no one cares. Turns out "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" also applies to war.

I am not hydrating at a championship level :smith:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Oświęcim was nothing before Auschwitz-Birkenau, so we really can't blame them for their SS cosplay

I'd be pretty confused why a bunch of Polish people would want to dress up as the SS in the first place!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

I was being facetious, but asian nazi cosplay is a thing and it is weird so nothing would surprise me anymore.

At no point should you ever try to figure out what Japan is up to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

FCS schools never play non scholarship FBS teams anymore, even if it'd be kinda cool this time given the history. It's just very fun to claim they're ducking them

I wish they would though

This 0-7 record to Yale is a stain on my soul.

Penn State's win/loss difference for Ohio State, Alabama, Nebraska, and Michigan is -4, -5, -6, and -6. Conversely, Yale, UPenn, and Princeton are -7, -7, and -5. I want to get some of those wins back!

Sash! fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 18, 2017

• Locked thread