Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
I’m a bit late, but here’s what’s good on Temu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Adolf Glitter posted:

Those youtube guys The Torque Channel recently tested loads of crazy numbered flashlights of amazon etc
Interesting and informative in general, and worth a look if anyone is in the market for one

I can’t imagine it’s as fun with mostly LEDs so nothing bursts into flame at (seemingly) random.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Hey y’all got any of them aromatherapy mushrooms?

:nws: just in case

Not linking, just be safe on forum rules, I guess.

Re: stickers, my Jesus “I saw that” stickers and over-door hangers arrived, and I am thrilled.

I’m also going hog-wild on fake legos.

Oh, also:

Doesn’t actually go to the product, unfortunately. Hell of a desk ornament.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I feel like this might’ve popped up before but the wisdom is timeless:

E: well ok!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 20, 2023

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I hope I’m not being annoying posting random things; if so, I’ll knock it off.

That being said, anyone have/find intentional/unintentional shirts and hats that seem ultra American but actually aren’t?

This is funny (and I feel like you could make silly money selling these stateside) but I don’t think I could bring myself to wear it, regardless of irony.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I guess more outlandish to the point of absurdity, maybe people actually label themselves that. It felt like a mistranslation which made it absurd. I’m not ordering it or wearing it, don’t worry. The image was meant as a jumping-off point, not a “more exactly like this please”.

I’m hoping there are similar slips which appear to be good ol’ USA merch but actually end up the opposite.

Or maybe I’m delusional, having a rather off day.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

here’s an actual cat thing recommendation I just came across:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Just stumbled on these:
https://share.temu.com/JrcklksoBm

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Temu is faster (and free shipping) and actually has customer support, which I’m not sure Ali does. It seems like they have a central processing/mailing point, which means fewer shipments from all over. Everything I’ve bought is on par with Ali. Selection seems less, but Ali is kind of like the Wild West.

Mostly I need to stop buying (both places) my fake Lego army is looking good though. Crab buddy is cool, iron giant to build and Treebeard on the way. There is literally every set scene from LotR in Lego on Ali. Including a 100,000 piece Minas Tirith for like $5k :lol:

The little music boxes have been surprisingly decent, lots of legos for the family (some of the stuff on Temu is tiny tiny, not sure on Ali). Ordering some jewelry now, see if it’s worth a drat or not.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Unperson_47 posted:

One of the items in my recent order was out of stock and Temu refunded me for it and gave me a $5 credit in addition. That credit is more than the value of the item I ordered.

Looks like they'll give you a $5 credit if items are delivered after a few days (looks like 3) past the estimated delivery date, too. I've yet to have that happen, though.

No idea if those credits will be honored when I go to buy something. There will probably be some rigamarole and shenanigans and perhaps tomfoolery.

I got a credit for a price change (they will give you store credit immediately, back to your card supposedly takes a while). The item was also bent so I requested a refund, no idea how long that might take.

Packing for prints and stuff from Ali has been quite good. I can decorate my kids rooms and stuff for way, way less.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I found some 49s on either Ali or Temu, I’ll link them if I still have them saved. I looked for a while

You can use terms like extra large, etc, but even then there’s almost always a size ceiling. As a rough US 12, I bought some 47s that fit snugly (my toes are right at the end). Some sellers do list in US sizes, but ymmv, I’d bet (I have found a 13 or two).

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Here are a couple of larger shoe listings:

US $13.32 56% Off | Shoes Men High Quality Male Sneakers Breathable White Fashion Gym Casual Light Walking Plus Size Footwear 2022 Zapatillas Hombre
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqmq9oA

US $8.44 50% Off | Fashion Men's Shoes Portable Breathable Running Shoes 46 Large Size Sneakers Comfortable Walking Jogging Casual Shoes 48
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPh861y

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

These targeted ads are getting to be a bit much

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Also, Temu:

I don’t know what that is but it’s not in the results when you click, so a mystery it remains.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Ok here’s one I think might actually be a really good buy (if you don’t have big feet): US $24.00 30% Off | New Vanmie Winter Men Boots 2023 Men's Spring Boots Ankle Boots for Men Fashion Caterpillar Shoes Ankle Male Booties
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPaEsHu

These look identical to the ones sold in the US for 2.5-3x the price. If they had a little bit bigger sizes I’d test the theory. As is I might have to go for some others that are everywhere on AE (and similar).
I think they look pretty good, have to see I guess.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah that may be wildly overconfident in what you’ll actually receive, sorry. And yes, wouldn’t use them as legit work boots. They do have steel/composite toes available but not sure I’d trust them (despite the fact that most $200 work boots probably come out of the same factories).

Yeah, I probably need 48-49, especially given the tendencies for these to run small. I ordered some 12 tennis shoes on Temu and they are literally the size of my foot with nothing to spare. Luckily mesh upper.

Oh also this:

These fetishes are getting a bit out of hand.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Anyone need a pocket rocket? US $4.32 52% Off | 2 PCs Blue Black Outdoor Novelty Toy Powerful Leather Pouch round Pocket Slingshot Cup
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtDcP0w

I feel like this has a very specific use case…aggressive dog deterrent?

FWIW, here are some similar boots in larger sizes: US $30.16 42% Off | Winter Plush Warm Men Women Yellow Genuine Leather Martin Boots Work Shoes British Style Autumn No Plush Plus Big Size 47 48 49
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msZgzdy

Winning stickers are a fantastic…win.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 16, 2023

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

stephenthinkpad posted:

Ordered the purple version I think it's the trashest.

Also a bunch of steel balls for my kid's bullseye ball game.

Also got this recently, would recommend, remember get the 16 extra cars.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...randl_shipto=US

The Dino one looks cooler(?) but it doesn’t have to auto-play tower (afaik). Why would I buy a toy where I have to actually move the cars?

There are some cool ball/car coasters and stuff but I try to rein myself in before I just keep spending forever.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

It’s not Lansbury-level, but I thought y’all might like: US $14.40 28% Off | New Hawaii Shirt 3D Print Cat Short-sleeves Cuban Shirt Beach Wear Casual Vintage Style for Men And Women
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNDdKxg

There are others in that store too (some decently styled retro cat shirts too, from my lack of fashion experience)

Alright, probably just overtired, but here are some greatest hits from that store:

There’s something for everyone. Weed? Skulls? Weed and skulls? An entire section for mushroom shirts? Regular fish? Mechanical fish? D&D? Aggressively patriotic? Psychedelic animals? Leaves? Cruise ships in space? Easter eggs? Worn rugs? Military aircraft? Undead pirates? World-carrying tortoises? Are you having a stroke?

The answer is YES!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 2, 2023

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

If this had pot leaves in the background it would be the perfect gift for a guy I know. Even if it were only DS9 on there.

Keep looking! Every time I think it’s out of surprises, something new and…well new.

I will be thrilled if I get even one shirt sold for this guy. I might actually buy a regular one or two, and if I can settle on a crazy one too.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

I'm gonna buy so many of those shirts to go to Truffoni's and Ciccolini's in

I don’t know what those are, but sounds fitting. If anyone ever goes without a good gag gift again it’s their own fault.

I’ll troll back through and find the Star Trek one. I foolishly thought that first batch that I linked would be as crazy as it got!

I did also find a Viking Christmas shirt that said Fa La La La La
Valhalla-la

But my brain had melted by that point and I didn’t want to keep spamming pictures.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Here’s the first store:

COZOK Shirt Store
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mO20jQi

Here’s Star Trek:

US $14.80 28% Off | New Men's Hawaii Yellow Shirts Creative Chinese Landscape Painting Short Sleeve Aloha Shirts Cuban Style Summer Plus Size
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOvF1ma

There may be others, I don’t know if I’ll ever get through all of them.

Edit: bitcoin shirts! US $10.04 47% Off | 2023 Magic Clothing 3D Bitcoin Printed shirt Men's Hawaiian shirt Urban Fashion Casual Short Sleeve Single Button Beach Top 5XL
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKauRDY

That store has fewer reviews but at least the shirts are organized by category

E2: I still hope to find a Hawaiian shirt using the painting of the natives killing Cpt. Cook.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 2, 2023

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I am open, if anyone else feels like plumbing the depths, to finding the most awful/amazing to buy.

E: Japanese styled cats: US $4.99 75% Off | Unisex Hawaiian Shirt 2022 Japanese Style Bushido Shirt T-shirt Top Men Shirts Pet Clothes Cat Animal 3d Printing Shirts Summer
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrx3zyA

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

drat I wrong-threaded the hell out of this but I couldn’t not share it.

And if you haven’t awakened something deep within, you haven’t been browsing long enough way, way too long.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Hey guys, do y’all know your

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

mycelia posted:

but my most adventurous Ali purchase has been moulds for my wife's pandemic soap-making phase. (Verdict: perfectly fine, but I didn't read the sizes properly so a bunch are weirdly small.)

Glad to see this was a thing. My wife’s on candles and stuff now.

We got a massage gun off Amazon, it’s been fine. I’m still a bit leery on rechargeable appliances from overseas due to questionable/unknown QC. At least with Amazon I can reasonably return it.

If anyone has wasted extensive time on terrible shirts I am still open before I place my order. I don’t know if I can bring myself to wear the confederate flag one, I would have a difficult time reacting well to those who liked it.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

Shocking you is OK, electrocuting is definitely not.

You have to harden yourself to it, just a little electrocution at a time. Eventually you’ll toughen up.

Anne Whateley posted:

The small ones are perfect for bath melts, which are incredibly helpful when your skin is dry in winter. My bath melts are only like 1 oz but the effect is amazing

Like this, you just put the TENS unit on low and get in the bath and just…melt.

What do you mean that’s not what they meant?! :mad:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Here, I’ve melted my brain further:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

At restaurant, lost fingat

Just adding the ketchup early in the process!

I’ll track down that shirt. My iron giant one was not nearly big enough after a wash :( I just want cool cheap stuff

I just realized I ordered a large shirt from Temu, going to just write that one off.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Here’s one:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0TfUdg

There are tons, just search AE for “of course I fish”

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I typed in Tecmo Super Bowl on AE just for a lark, I really did not expect to see so many NES cartridges for sale. I have to think they’re re-makes or something?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

tater_salad posted:

Yeah with the collector market for nes and the like being quite high these days 100% knock off remakes

Ha, I doubtless sold my stuff for a song then but oh well. I wonder how well the remakes work. Do they make the whole console too?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I got one of those veggie cutter things off amazon but it seemed way too flimsy to actually be useful so I sent it back. “Just slice it really thin and then use this!” Yeah nah.

For something completely different: I bought a couple of these and was pretty happy with them, so I bought every other color:

https://share.temu.com/wosSwGKuAuA

The neck V stitching was crooked on one but I’m a hermit so it doesn’t matter much. True to size, XL was good on my tall and increasingly not-so-thin frame.

Bought an “athletic” shirt too but that thing is scratchy AF. Washing once helped so I’m just going to wash it like 50 times and see.

Bondematt posted:

a pill guillotine.

Eat the rich pill

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 16, 2023

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Could you not just have bought t-shirts from the shop for that price?

$7.50? Not usually. I got a bunch on a deal around Xmas (Kohl’s) but forgot I am generally embiggening, so that was a waste, boo.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

If you max out your discount, can you just place a separate order and start again?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

There are literally huge communities dedicated to
Lego fans buying bricks from alternative sources. It’s not all cloned sets, there’s tons of original designs too from the multitude of companies that manufacture bricks.

My Treebeard and Johnny 5 agree. Iron giant up next and Balrog on the way. And a whole shitton I bought for my family for gifts. And the LOTR armies. I’ve slowed my roll a bit.

Also super tempted to get this:

US $2.75 60% Off | Summer Men's Outdoor Military Style Short-sleeved Lapel T-shirt Casual Button Casual Business Men's Solid Color Polo Shirt
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNvFUWm

Who could refuse those patches?

I got some rip-stop tactical pants but they’re a bit too tight/restrictive. I’ll keep them in hopes I slim down a bit and can use them for whatever. My 5.11s have been indestructible but alternatives at 1/4 the price is hard to skip.

Bowling shirt collection is coming along nicely. I can proudly wear them in my WFH office where no one ever sees me.

E: or you can just establish yourself in the ‘hood:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 24, 2023

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

SonOfGhostDad posted:

Would you post a link to these? I must have one

US $0.27 96% Off | Spring Autumn Men's Polo Shirts Long Sleeve Business Casual Tops Lapel Pullover T-Shirts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNNojB8

There is a lot of Nazi-adjacent apparel out there too. Unsurprisingly found down the rabbit hole of pseudo-military -> punisher -> ugh

I thought they had the swastika and all but stop just barely shy of it.

DINGSHITE store is the one I found most recently.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I think I probably goofed on using the anniversary deals aside from the $5 per $30. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Temu is unmatched for shipping speed and service, they just don’t have the wildly esoteric selection that a weirdo like me delights in. Also don’t let me haggle and come up with custom buys from vendors.