Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

No Irish Need Imply posted:

A special gently caress you to everyone that says coke instead of soda. It's like when I went to Utah and found out they call movies "shows" and shows "tv". I still get so mad thinking about it!!!!!

Don't get mad because you use an inferior term. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
You know you're old when you ride the Sizzler with your daughter at the fair and it upsets the hell out of your stomach on the third time. :(

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A Man and his dog posted:

Bees are cool and all but a serious bee attack is no joking matter.

As a young man growing up me, and friends would like to just wonder into the woods and adventure and poo poo.

Well one day my buddy Paul stepped on an underground yellow jacket nest.

I ran my rear end off so fast back to his parents house.

Paul was not as lucky and got stung the gently caress up all over his body.

Anyways, that's my attacked by bees story.

Bees are not yellow jackets.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Hi guys,

I need some help.

I'm building a "Wall of Champions" at my gym at our shop. I already have a couple pictures of Tom Brady, Arnold, myself. A big banner that says

"[my last name] GYM

Born Hard"

I have a couple pictures of inspirational men waiting to go up, like Dolph Lundgren.

But I need more inspirational pictures to get me fired up as I continue to grow as a mighty man.

I read that as Tom Arnold at first, but you should put his pic up too.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I just ate

Soft shell crab
6 oysters
Fried scallops
Fried clams
Calamari
2 beers

I'm ready to gently caress!!

If you're not Catholic, you're an honorary one today.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Qwijib0 posted:

So where do I file for my TFF dads club card?

Congratulations, you're screwed now. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Tempur-Pedic is about the only one that works for me. Vermont Country Store makes a really nice flat pillow as well if you're a stomach sleeper.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I'm tired of constantly buying new pillows so I'm in the market for good pillows. This is helpful even though I don't know what the gently caress this Vermont store is.

Try this: https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/slender-bed-pillow/product/43240

It's the flattest pillow I've ever found. Even if you hate it, it's only $25 + shipping. I almost need a second one just to prop my head up for TV viewing, but folding it in half works too.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jesus is there any greater realization of the entrance into adulthood than discussing mattress purchases on the internet

Ask me about my Purple mattress we bought last year....(not bad at all, honestly).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I keep seeing ads for them and don't get how a rubber grid can be comfy

We used to have a Tempur-Pedic, and it feels similar to that, at least to me. You sink in the spots you're supposed to and feel support where it is needed. I sleep on my stomach and it feels fine. It is subjectively better for sex, but YMMV.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I was managing my options for my retirement portfolio one day and was like "Oh gently caress, I'm here"

Vanguard index fund (VFIAX), set it and forget it until 59 at the earliest.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am not getting investment advice from the forums thanks

Just imagine how much goons sperg over various things...You don't think we've considered what the best options are to make sure we have money to buy useless crap when we're​ old?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A Man and his dog posted:

I told my investor advisor: gently caress it go all in on medium to high risk investments.

Just don't loving invest in something called juicero or whatever.

Jesus Christ.

I wonder if Lowtax sells shares in Something Awful.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

remember electronics boutique

Babbage's?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

somebody buy me one of these chairs

Do they make these in toilet form?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I can't say until I know her position on school lunches.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

We saw GotG2 today. Can confirm goodness. I love the very ultra-modern 60s/70s design of Kurt Russell's spaceship and his psychedelic planet.

In the movie theater now waiting for it to begin. I assume I'm going to be staying until all the credits are complete. Marvel movies suck you in that way. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

I'm going to kill myself if the dolphins don't win the super bowl this year

you guys please make a Netflix series about it

13 Reasons Why Ryan Tannehill Is Not A Top Ten QB

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Laces Out Dan: The Ehud Tragedy

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bad Moon posted:

Superman Red Son. Superman lands in the Ukraine rather than in Kansas and becomes Stalin's commy ultimate weapon. Eventually defeated by Lex Luthor by writing a note and putting it in Lois Lanes pocket. It's better than it sounds.

And that note was dickbutt.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
At least it's not during football season.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Maybe they'll startup the Electric Slide or bust out some Footloose.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

I saw Wonder Wan and its good. And not just good for a DC supahero movie but like legitimately entertaining.

About time DC made a movie worth a drat.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Taking a vacation trip this week with the family. Driving to DC, then Jamestown/Busch Gardens, then heading home with a stop in Atlanta for the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo.

Gonna put 3000 miles on the family van in a week.

Any goons have any Busch Gardens recommendations for good rides or foods that shouldn't be missed?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Hey! I need a new book to read!

Non fiction, something cool please!

Gunslinger (Brett Farve)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chichevache posted:

Hey, just a heads up, you've become your own lovely parents now and your kids hate you.

Not yet. I'm sure we'll get there soon.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

Happy Father's Day, TFF fathers.

Same to you and everyone else. Now to head to the beach and relax before the kids inevitably start fighting.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I hope they get to the bottom of this.

The number of puns in this video is amazing.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Is Stone Cold a metaphor for Obamacare?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chichevache posted:

It is just another straw on the camel's back as actual discussion disappears and entrenched political violence becomes the norm.

Pretty soon all elections are replaced by WWE style championship battles for the presidential belt. At least we'd be entertained.

Even better, put the presidency under Crash Holly Hardcore 24/7 rules.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

If you wanna see a try too hard ID4 might I suggest ID8, aka resurgence

Holy poo poo

ID4 2 was one of the worst movies I saw last year. It had basically no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Considering how much I enjoyed the first one, it was turrible. Will Smith made the smart decision to stay far away from that piece of crap.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Open your wallet to pay for the meal and have a magnum condom fall out and a signed picture of Tom Brady

Here is Shrimp's scoring possibility during the date. What could possibly go wrong?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weird Asian candy posted:

Ya know, Silly. You have been ultra aggressive lately with the Falcon's jokes...I do not appreciate it! :colbert:

I'm going to be in NOLA next week. Meet me on the playground at 3PM. I'll show you what can go wrong! :argh:

Wouldn't you prefer to meet at 3:28?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

Wife and I just started watching this little known show on Netflix we never seen before

Its called Breaking Bad and the malcolm in the middle dad cooks meth lmao

For real though we gave it 3 shots and never got past the second episode. We gave it another shot and we're on episode 5 just today.

Yeah, you'll be hooked.

We are currently watching A Handmaid's Tale, and it is pissing off my wife fiercely.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Saw homecoming last night. It was good. Maybe I was expecting too much because it's getting such good reviews but I thought I was going to love it but it was it was kind of just a good movie. Funny in parts but nothing really new besides the actor.

Wish I would have seen WW instead.

Just saw it. Loved it. Blew the last two Spider-Man movies out of the water.

Stay for the end credits (do you really need to be told this for a Marvel movie?)

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 8, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yeah like I said it wasn't bad...but I didn't enjoy it as much as a lot of people apparently. It was pretty funny.

It did make Michael Keaton look like a bad rear end so that was cool.

the last scene where Stark reveals his new spidey suit like all the hardcore marvel fans geeked out in the theatre. They were screaming OOOOOOOH MY GAWD

Hey, Batman is always a badass. ;)

I like that they didn't try to tell the origin story again. We all know how Spider-Man got started at this point.

Also, seeing him as a high school kid again works really well.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So many drat fit goons in here. You all make me tired. Go cross your fits somewhere else! :argh:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Is there a Spotify thread? I'm trying to discover some new music based on songs I already like by starting radio stations on those songs or checking songs in the interface to save. But, I keep getting the same songs. My ideal would be to pick a few songs and tell it "Go find new songs that sound like these". Does that exist and I'm just missing it? I mainly just use the Android app.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

Daily Mixes group similar songs into a playlist from your most listened. Once you get through the initial ones it gets to songs you haven't listened to

Is there a way to tell it to stop playing songs or certain genres in those mixes? I was trying to find one country song that I liked back in the 90s, and now it thinks I want nothing but that.

Grittybeard posted:

What was the service that was built around this concept? Pandora or something?

I guess it surely can't be around anymore or is crippled since I haven't heard of it in years.

Yeah, I still listen to Pandora from time to time, but I hate the limited skip feature.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

That's still Pandora I think. They may have lost rights over time so their library is smaller, I think I remember someone yammering about that once.

Also if you have / like anything hosted on soundcloud, you probably want to go save that off somehow since they're not long for the world.

Wasn't that where nrr kept his stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chichevache posted:

Speaking of nrr, I almost saw him again an hour ago.

????
How, exactly?

• Locked thread