Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

One thing thing I'm not clear on: is authoritarian vs. egalitarian just a find-and-replace rename of collectivism vs. individualism or a full-on reworking of the ethics? And either way, are our space capitalist trading empires still going to be based on the egalitarian ethos because that seems like a weird fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My only issue with ground combat is actually making the armies. If we had an army builder like some people are wanting a fleet builder where you can just say "I want X divisions of Y unit, all with the psi warrior attachment" and then press one button to queue up a build order for all of it it'd be just fine.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Back Hack posted:

Man, I want to play Stellaris, but I don't want play it knowing there is a new update coming. Something about that kind of bothers me for some strange reason.

I spend at least half of a Paradox game's life cycle not playing it because the next update seems so good that I'll just be disappointed at the current state of the game. CK2 and EU4 are only just now reaching the point where they're so insanely good that the next updates are just going to be neat rather than awesome and game-changing so I can play them without worry.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

PittTheElder posted:

It's the always war part. The AI is terrible at dealing with it, and imagine how annoying it would be for every one of your neighbors to be randomly sending little issues fleets around your empire all day long.

I'm doing a thousand-yard stare into the distance as I think of CK2 Vikings

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Paradox never announces a release date until like a month at most ahead of the launch. If it's announced this week it must be closer to launch than we realize/expect.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Disclaimer: this is not a serious post.

It's hard to parody bad Stellaris ideas because no matter what you come up with, someone has suggested far worse in complete earnestness at some point in this thread.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I keep saying it every time he gets mentioned, but Andreas Waldetoft is seriously the best game composer in the business. I was so glad when Paradox officially hired him on.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GotLag posted:

"They might believe the wrong thing, but at least they believe!"

This is how I've always interpreted it.

"Say what you will about the tenets of fanatic collectivism, Dude, at least it's an ethos."

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Another option would be just adding a tree structure to the species list.

Posting a good idea in the Unbelievably Awful Ideas Thread. User loses posting privileges for 1 month.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Do I really have to design my ships to be effective or is the autobuild good enough? I hate unit design mechanics in these kinds of games.

Auto build likes to do dumb things sometimes (the two big ones I always have to look out for is that it really likes to use the lowest-level weapons and the highest level power supplies, regardless of how many times I've researched higher-tier weapons or how much excess power the ship has) but clicking auto-build and then giving it a once-over to correct those little dumb things has worked well enough for me.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Playstation 4 posted:

Autocracide is a moral good, they should remain losers.

Congratulations to this guy, for having the Good Political Opinions, and letting us all know in the space video game thread!! We're all very proud of you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl5UH6EZXIM&t=265s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Is there any reason to buy Synthetic Dawn if I rarely ever play as anything other than a spiritualist empire?

• Locked thread