Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
So I've finished a Ring World Section. Which contained exotic pets. What.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
Okay so this might count as a bug:
I started off as xenophobic mechanists, and eventually shifted my government ethics away from materialist to militarist. My plan was to adopt fanatical purifiers, but apparently I now can't change policies anymore, as I'm blocked because I can't have mechanist while not being materialist. It seems like a pretty arbitrary reason not to let me change policies. And I was planning on purifying the galaxy of biologicals as soon as I ascended.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer posted:

Okay so this might count as a bug:
I started off as xenophobic mechanists, and eventually shifted my government ethics away from materialist to militarist. My plan was to adopt fanatical purifiers, but apparently I now can't change policies anymore, as I'm blocked because I can't have mechanist while not being materialist. It seems like a pretty arbitrary reason not to let me change policies. And I was planning on purifying the galaxy of biologicals as soon as I ascended.

Edited away mechanist from the save, I'm not abandoning my dream of destroying all life forms just because of a technicality.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

So the Unbidden arrived, and the other two extra-dimentionals spawned pretty much at the same time. Seems like they destroyed each other's portals, as well as wiping out an entire quadrant.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Also turns out massing Destroyers with Kinetic Artillery is insanely good against the Unbidden. Until they get close, that is.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Played for about 100 years before getting bored. Highlight of the game: being stuck together with a regular hive mind between one advanced devouring hive mind, and one advanced fanatic purifiers

our empire and the regular hive mind were buddies all the way, with an extreme amount of positive bonuses to relations. I guess it's kind of awkward that the hive mind loves us that much, being a single concious entity.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

Unlocks starting as just a giant planet-sized organic brain.

This should have been an option at release, to be honest.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

This should also include a romance option with the Infinity Sphere.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Okay seriously gently caress this game. A neighbouring Science FE awoke, so I agreed to get vassalized. They then attack another neighbouring realm, and liberates half their provinces. Now for some reason I'M guaranteeing the new nation, and as I'm a vassal I can't cancel this. The AE THEN attacks the new nation, dragging me into a war against them, which we immediately lose and I'm annexed.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Like any sane civilization, you will look up at the sun and think "gently caress that guy" and blow it up.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

The best update for me was the one where setting the voice off would be remembered next time I launched the game. You got so many messages at once at mid-game it's just horrible, did that ever get better?

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Libluini posted:

Someone evidently mistook Militarist to mean "crazed and bloodthirsty", holy poo poo!

Um, mistook?

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

As someone who fell in love with the Imperial Guard in the original Dawn of War, I believe absolutely everything should be shouted. "If you will not serve in combat, then you will serve on the firing line!" etc.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

My utopian society is complete:

It's a fine balance between The Time Machine and Brave New World, with a good dose of overt fascism thrown into the mix for good measure!

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

I've given two species the infinite expanse of the stars only to a decade later explain very firmly that actually they'd be better off if they stayed home and watched television. Rogue Servitors own.

I've turned around five primitive species into biological power sources because apparently the plot to The Matrix made sense, and also my organic neighbours seem weirdly okay with this development.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

So, um, the way Stellaris handles alliances might need some tweaking?

I'm in two wars, and it turns out I'm both allied to, and at war with the Horse Caliphate (they're horses who's also formed a caliphate).

[edit] that being said, the feudal realm civic is pretty baller. turned my first three colonies into vassals, which immediately got their own space ports and started to expand on their own. a lot more clunky, but you easily outnumber any non-advanced start quickly because of base minerals/fleet limit

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 29, 2017

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Did encounter this as well . I made the planet my capitol, but nothing bad has happened yet :(

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh man, I didn't think you could just steal enemy megastructures by taking the system they're in. What happens if you take a Megastructure you already have, does it delete it or do you get two?

Always a good idea to pop a habitat on an otherwise empty megastructure system.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

In my headcanon, sentient organics who's being "served" by their benevolent AI masters are always happy in their habitats, as unhappy members go to live at the "human farm", and are never heard or seen again. They are very happy there, we assure their peers.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

If I start a war against a power who is relatively the same strength as I am, how worried should I be of them striking at my empire as I strike at them?

In general, you shouldn't start a war if you are at parity. But depending on how early in the game it is - either lure them into a battle w/ one of your spaceports as your fleet comes in from behind, or make a rush for their starports as you're pumping out new ships yourself.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

gowb posted:

My question is, why didn't they just put all this cool stuff in the game when they first made it instead of waiting so long to patch it in

Because they just don't like you, gowb.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

All the hyperlanes disappeared from my mapview in my game. Any way to turn them back on?

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

There should be a toggle in the bottom right with all the other map toggles.

Did you check that?

Never even realized they were there. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

I'm attempting a Determined Exterminator run, and as I unlock my first perk I notice I can still choose Nihilistic Acquisition.

That's pretty horrifying.

• Locked thread