Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm so loving glad the Falcons lost.

And so is most of this thread I imagine.

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/828405660052180999

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

florida isn't two states. that poll is scripted

Tamplando is the worst loving state.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Serotonin posted:

Also can some wiser and more experienced heads try and clue me up as to what Shanahan and Ryan were doing on that drive with 5 mins on the clock and on the 40 yard line? Why didnt they just hand it to Freeman 3 items, take a yard or two, run the clock down and then get Bryant on for a FG?

Was this the point they choked, or was there a better plan and Im missing something obvious as a noob?

Nah you got it. It was real stupid.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yo gently caress the birds. Is it our turn to win the division next year?

My dad's response to the Pats winning was that Drew Brees should be more like that Tom Brady and take a pay cut so we can build a team again. I think that works for the Pats because Brady knows his organization will make smart moves with the extra money and he'll come out ahead by being the best ever. If Brees took a pay cut, they'd just spend the extra money on a 45-year-old linebacker with knee problems.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Feb 7, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
A tornado in NOLA. You don't see that too often.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DNS posted:

For sure, though it also works because they essentially pay Brady outside the cap by letting Brady have free office space for his wellness company at Patriot Place and funnel business towards it by letting his business partner have free reign of treatment facilities & guide injured players towards his company. In other news I hate the Patriots

Yeah, but the Saints could do something similar, let Drew Brees have a Jimmy Johns in the Superdome or something.

I'm just saying if Jesus came down and gave the Saints $5 million and salary cap room, they'd just use it to facilitate a trade where we give the Rams half our secondary and they give us magic beans. Mickey Loomis would take $5 million in extra cash, tie up Pete Carmichael on top of it and burn the whole loving thing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha.

7 Falcons Fans Show Up To Greet Team Upon Their Return From The Super Bowl

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

vikingstrike posted:

Saints fans are unemployed and no opportunity cost of time? Seems right.

Scamming disability is a job :colbert:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
All cities will be suburbs of Houston soon enough

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2738832

That's after losing in the NFC Championship game.

Haha, and it was raining, and everyone went out to loving Metairie for it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

Worse. Kenner.

Man wherever the airport is. It's all Metairie to me.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

is this the thread i get to make fun of the falcons?

Yes, but don't feel like you have to restrict it to just this thread.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

Going by previous history of the Saints I don't think this is true.

I mean, did we even try Cooks at CB?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

Saints.txt for the last 5 years.

Im pretty sure theyre just a money laundering organization right now.

I'mma just drop in this quote from the SI story about the Jairus Byrd signing.

quote:

Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan now has the luxury of pairing the talented Byrd with 2013 rookie Kenny Vaccaro at the safety positions for a duo that ultimately may be able to rival that of Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas in Seattle.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Looks like Saints are close to signing AP per NFL.com

AP as in some other player whose initials are AP and not Adrian Peterson?

*crosses fingers*

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
ESPN says the Saints and Adrian Peterson have a two-year, $7 million deal.

:sigh:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also the Super Bowl drop that was then picked off, which was then a fumble that Ginn failed to recover.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/696518567907315712

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Saints made a seemingly good pick. I'm confused

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Stupid 49ers getting Foster one pick before, but yeah, I'm ok with a tackle assuming he'll play right tackle. Maybe get Jordan Willis with 42.

I meant the first pick. I don't know anything about the tackle dude.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't know that we needed a running back so high after getting Adrian Peterson, and I know we don't need a safety. I guess we're just preparing for when AP and 4 DBs inevitably get hurt.

Other picks seem good though?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pershing posted:

The worat smell I ever experienced was Bourbon Street in the middle of July after one of those 5 minute popup rain showers. Steam rising off the booze and puke soaked street :barf:

And urine. Don't forget urine.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SundayMoney posted:

Thanks guys for making me sad about where I live, I already know it is terrible. I'm sure I will leave one day. To clarify I actually live in a small town north of Monroe so there's not much to do.

Haha, when you drive through that area it's like nothing forever, and then a prison with black people in the prisons' fields picking loving cotton.

I stopped for directions once in Monroe because I couldn't get a signal, and there was a guy in the gas station who was at least 6'8", 400 lbs who had poo poo himself.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

He was good for us :unsmith:

Yeah he's one of the best backups in the league.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I can't say I'm pumped to have to root for Adrian Peterson.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

I didn't watch the game but I hear the Bucs' 2nd round kicker pick missed another PAT

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/242303672569188354?lang=en

Pardon me? I see you said 2nd-round kicker, but that must be a typo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I went to a second line instead of watching the Saints get demolished, AMA

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Brees might be gone because the Saints can't afford him anymore anyway.

Even then, dead money for years. We're gonna suck for like a decade, may as well just get to it and hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

I thought we were pretty decent on dead money now.

I thought we were working Brees' contracts to put it all off as long as possible in ways that will completely gently caress us long after he's retired or left?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

Is that where you hire a band and have your own parade? Hannibal Burress has a great bit about it.

Where was the parade?

Yeah, the social clubs have them like every weekend this time of year. This one started at Eiffel Society and went through Central City.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Falcons look like trash and Julio is headed to the locker room. Thisisfine.jpg

weird Asian candy posted:

And now Sanu...:smith:

Ric Flair curse is real. It was always real, but no one activated it until today.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I went to the movies when it looked like the Saints were gonna have a pretty meh game. How'd it go?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Take away those Vaccaro dumb penalties and I bet that was a win

Vaccaro's been a walking personal foul since he played at Texas.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

It's time for the annual:

gently caress

The

Falcons.

If you agree with this, like, subscribe, and give me a hell yeah!

Where is your patreon, I would like to finance wide dissemination of these views.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I missed it, what happened to Kamara?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Goddammit, loving Falcons cheap shot assholes breaking our new hotness grumble grumble rabble rabble

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

lol, Richardson stepping aside to focus on sale of team.

Cya Jerr

Expecting some terrible poo poo to come out about him soon enough

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

timp posted:

For anyone who hasn't read it, here's the Sports Illustrated article that was published during Sunday's game that contains more details on the alleged harassment: https://www.si.com/jerry-richardson-carolina-panthers-settlements-workplace-misconduct-sexual-harassment-racial-slur

It even mentions the "Mister" thing I referenced in my post on Saturday. Also mentions a lot of other little things that I already knew but, when all compiled into one article, really confirms a lot of what I'd assumed about working with/around/for Jerry Richardson on a daily basis. Dude thinks having a billion dollars or so means he gets to be the racist and pervy version of the boss from The Devil Wears Prada.

And since I didn't make myself as clear as I probably should have in my Saturday post, what the gently caress is "Listen" doing in that list of his five special words? It's all nouns except for that one verb. Uh, did you mean to say "Listening", Jer?? When I first saw "Listen" in that list, it told me two things. One, that he's not all that bright, and two, that nobody else would ever dare to edit his Holy Five Words.

E: OH YEAH and how is Harmony any different than Teamwork? Man I hate that list.

I had not seen this. Thanks!

quote:

Friday was Jeans Day, when most staffers at the Carolina Panthers team offices would wear denim to work. The female employees knew what that meant. As the team’s owner, Jerry Richardson, made his rounds on the way to his spacious office, he would ask women to turn around so he could admire their backsides. Then, in his rolling Southern drawl, he’d offer comment, drawing from a store of one-liners he’d recycle each week. Among those in heaviest rotation: Show me how you wiggle to get those jeans up. I bet you had to lay down on your bed to fit into those jeans. Did you step into those jeans or did you have to jump into them?

:stare:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo he's a Seinfeld character

quote:

Richardson was also known for what multiple women call the “seatbelt maneuver.” He would invite female employees out to lunch, and in keeping with his reputation as a self-styled gentleman, he would open the car door for his guests. Once they were seated, however, he would insist on fastening their seatbelt for them, reaching across their lap and brushing his hand across their breasts before putting the belt in the clasp.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Refs handed the Falcons the last game because they wanted the Christmas game to mean something. Bobby Hebert even said so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ulmont posted:

Well we knew that - the Saints are gonna dump truck the Falcons for Christmas making it a moot point.

:hai:

• Locked thread