Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
I wonder what sucker they're going to get to coach the niners long enough for York to poo poo the bed and fire him after one season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Prozach posted:

his current boss is not Jed York.

This

I get that these coaches have yuge egos and that someone will take the job thinking that they're the one who can turn it all around. But why would one want their (likely only) shot at being an NFL HC to be in this lovely of a situation? To compare it to the average person's career, would you really take a promotion at a less stable company with an rear end in a top hat boss and little job security over your current, reliable gig working with people you get along with? The way I see it, the niners are going to have to settle for someone who is as desperate as they are. Rex Ryan is available and probably just toxic enough that SF may be his only shot to coach again.

One in the Bum fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 23, 2017

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
In a way, each NFC west team has made the Seahawks a rival. Every time I watch us play the rams or cards and even the pre-collapse 9ers, I think "drat, these guys play their best game of the year against us." it's as if you all have built teams specifically to matchup against the Seahawks regardless of how it works against the rest of the league. Which probably isn't far from the truth.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

seiferguy posted:

Ask a Seahawks fan who they think is the team's eternal rival and it'll tell you when they started rooting for the team. If they say the Broncos, they're old school.

Or raiders, I probably would answer Raiders.

seiferguy posted:

If they say Rams, they started rooting after the switch to the NFC West. If they say 49ers, they started rooting during Russell Wilson.

All true

seiferguy posted:

Edit: some might say Steelers, Patriots or Packers. Which feels wrong in many ways.

Agreed, very wrong to call these teams rivals. We only hate Steelers and pats because we lost superbowls to those teams, but that's nothing close to rivalry territory. As for packers, anytime I meet a packers fan I just laugh and say "fail mary, replacement refs got it right" and watch as blood vessels threaten to explode from thier head.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Our season was essentially over the minute we lost Earl Thomas.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
I think you all should re-up kap for another 6yr/$126M.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
:rip: Steven Hauschka

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
The way I see it, the Hawks are looking to go cheap at kicker, even if that means downgrading from where they've been at the past few seasons. Hauschka can likely demand more on the FA market than they want to pay. Walsh is probably a low risk, high reward potential replacement. I'd wager his deal with seattle has zero guaranteed money, leaving us free to cut him at any time and not lose cap space.

I'm thinking Hauschka will get a big payday with another team and Walsh will get a chance at redemption in Seattle on the cheap and we put the money towards the o-line or not. Naw, we'll probably waste the cash on overpaying a bad cornerback.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
I don't like to see FA signings at the CB position because most veterans are unwilling or unable to adapt to the technique that seattle coaches. But you're right, weakness at one corner position just means you need to avoid Sherman's side of the field and sooner or later you'll hit some big plays.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
I would be too if he is willing to sign for cheap. He's not the elite LT that he thinks he is and doesn't deserve the type of salary he expects. He's good, not great but better than what we got. I just don't see him coming back to Seattle with his tail between his legs so to speak when he can probably get the same pedestrian offer from most teams in the league that aren't the seahawks.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Benne posted:

Speaking of former Seahawks, Breno Giacomini is a FA again, and god drat is our RT position such a black hole that I'm getting nostalgic for Breno loving Giacomini.

Gary Gilliam will turn out to be really good, he just needs more time under the zen master Tom Cable.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Guys, it's okay. We can make due with a poor o-line. Russ will just drink more nano bubbles and be fine.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
CJ Prosise' injury must not be recovering as well as they had hoped and Rawls has missed significant time in both of his 2 seasons in the league. PCJS do not tolerate players who can't stay healthy or have recurring injuries. Unger and Okung are prime examples of guys who repeatedly couldn't play full seasons and were unloaded and let walk respectively.

Add much as fans like Rawls and see him as Lynch 2.0, I don't think he's going to pan out in Seattle. Put it this way, if he doesn't make it through a full season next year or prove that he is actually Lynch 2.0, I doubt they resign him for anything more than a minimal contract.

But gently caress me. Eddie Lacy for $5+M? We could sign our entire oline 3 times over for less than that.

One in the Bum fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 14, 2017

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Chichevache posted:

Marshawn had lingering injuries.

True, and I figured someone would point this out, but Lynch got all sorts of special treatment that no one else on the team that isn't named Wilson or Sherman would get.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Benne posted:

Every Chinese food truck in the country is relocating to Seattle Renton as we speak

fixed

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

African AIDS cum posted:

Get rid of Earl Thomas too. He is mentally weak.

Some team would have to give us 5 all pro O linemen signed to long-term, sub million dollars per year contracts or they can GTFO.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Did the NFL make hurdling during a field goal illegal?

I would take that as a slight against the Seahawks.

It seems like the new rule outlaws any jumping over the line, even if you're in the gap and not directly over the center. And yes, I do take it as a slight against the Seahawks. NoFunLeague strikes again.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Coldforge posted:

NFL rules require you to have at least seven players lining up on the line of scrimmage when on offense. It just makes it easier for everyone else if you call one of them a right tackle.

I'm kinda glad you guys signed Gilliam and took him off our hands. I don't know what the 9ers see in him and I think you massively overpaid for the guy. But kudos to him for getting a nice contract.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

seiferguy posted:

Shaq Griffin will likely be CB2 as long as training camp goes well and he picks up Seattle's system. Delano Hill is basically being groomed to be Kam Chancellor's replacement since this is Kam's final year in his contract (and considering his body I'm betting he has retirement on his mind). But yeah, everything else besides what you said is depth / lottery tickets and that's par for the course for late round picks.

Pocic will probably be okay. I wasn't expecting much offensive line since this wasn't a good draft class for that, but the team seems pretty psyched about signing UDFA Jordan Roos out of Purdue. Pete said they were pretty close to drafting him in later rounds. I'm just happy we don't have any dumb Tom Cable projects out of this draft.

New thread title NFC West: Good defenses and dumb Tom Cable projects

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
The niners could get every single 1st rd pick of the draft and Yorky boy would still find a way to screw it up

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Benne posted:

Is there anything in sports more lame than "Conference Champions" merch? Even the players look embarrassed to be wearing those shirts after winning the game.

It's like participation trophies for adults. Fans need the validation while they're showing off to everyone who doesn't give a gently caress about sportsball.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

:gary::gizz:

Go Hawks!

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

:rip:Russ

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Britt flat on his rear end, classic

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Coldforge posted:

I'm pretty sure he just has a strange eye disease that makes him unable to see inside linebackers. Luke Kuechly did the same thing to him last week.

Mark Glowinski has a strange eye disease that makes him unable to see an inside pass rush.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Leperflesh posted:

"offensive pass interference"

He totally interfered with the defenders right to cover the receiver by not running the route the defender expected him to run. 10/10 would throw the flag again.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Manoueverable posted:

With that said, I think most of our big plays came on play action, which the Texans D seemed to bite real hard on...why? Nobody should be respecting our run game at all.

McKissic somehow looks like the best out of our remaining RBs by which I mean he can actually get positive yardage on carries.

The Texans playing us run-first is how they were able to stop our running game so effectively in the first place. If they had been dropping more into coverage then the Seahawks would have had more success on the ground. The Seahawks can have a good running game when the defense isn't selling out to stop it, just so long as Ifedi doesn't decide to punch himself in the dick.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Elizabeth Mills posted:

https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/925496873984524288

This is one corny-rear end motherfucker. I cannot stand this human branding exercise who literally got cucked by Golden Tate.

However, dude is a heck of a footballer, so I'll forgive a lot.

No kidding. RW is a total shill. But whatevs, he throws TDs so :shrug:

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Its Rinaldo posted:

Last night was awful but this is extremely my poo poo

https://twitter.com/JordanHeckFF/st...richard-sherman

I want to be a fly on the wall during the cardinals film session where Arians berates that db for a solid 45 minutes while that play repeats over and over on the screen.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
The only seahawks game I've ever seen in person, I actually got down onto the field for pregame. The old man was getting some local high school coaches award and they let us hang out during pregame.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Seahawks are good again!

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

DariusLikewise posted:

I didn't watch the Seattle-Eagles game on Sunday, but based on the Box Score I assume the difference-maker was Seattle was able to pressure Wentz and force an INT and 2 Fumbles to keep the Eagles from scoring. The Rams aren't quite on Seattles level defensively, but Ogletree is supposed to play and Aaron Donald is Aaron Donald so hopefully they can do some of the same stuff to keep it from being a complete shootout.

Seattles Run D is going to stuff Fournette and force Blake Bortles to try and win the game with passing and lol

In the first half, Wentz fumbled on the 1 yd line going in. The ball went into and through the end zone for a touchback. Had the eagles scored, things would have been much different.

The first int didn't do much because I think seattle just have it right back. The second int was a desperation throw to the end zone late in the game which wouldn't have been necessary if not for the fumble.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Leperflesh posted:

They drafted pretty well this year and if they do it again and the coaching starts to stick and Garoppolo is our QB of the future and/or if we get Kirk Cousins or draft a great QB, and don't lose massive amounts of our defense to injury again, and if we keep Hyde and otherwise no other disasters happen, then yeah SF could totally be reasonably not terrible next year!

You still have Jed York, so :rip: SF.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
There simply aren't enough good quarterbacks to go around. The fact that the niners have someone who looks half way decent should lead them to do everything they can to keep him. Quarterbacks are in such crazy demand right now you p much have to pay top dollar for even mediocre talent, cap space be damned.

Re Cousins, the guy is probably jizzing himself at the thought of getting franchised again. 20% raise and all the leverage to make it happen again next off season.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

hifi posted:

Jeff Fisher: Rams are showing I left them in pretty good shape

Everyone else: Rams are showing just how much Jeff Fisher was holding them back.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

dont even fink about it posted:

As long as Wilson stays healthy I think it's a 9-7 team. It's not like we've gotten long years of incredibly playcalling.

Hell, we were only a few field goals away from being a 12 win team. Shoulda beat Tennessee too. Theres a 13-3 season if we just make a few missed plays and catch a break or two at the right time.

Still though, improved oline play and this team is ready for another deep playoff run. Even just league average blocking and everything falls into place.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

a patagonian cavy posted:

seattle's HBs in 2017? turns out they were bad :shrug:

To be fair, any hb would look bad running behind our line (and likely get injured too).

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Benny the Snake posted:

So Wilson is playing with the Yankees because he's playing a game of chicken in contract negotiations right?

Right? :suicide:

Dude has too work 2 jobs just to make ends meet.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

DariusLikewise posted:

Is Cliff Avril playing next season?

Also lol if the Seahawks are demanding 2 1sts for a 29-year old corner coming off an Achilles tear

I think he's referring to a rumor that circulated last off season that the hawks would be interested in a trade if the price was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

This makes me legit sad, although not unexpected. I actually really liked the guy and thought his drop in production between what he did in New Orleans and here could be placed squarely on the piss poor offensive line play. TEs run timing routes and are open for very specific windows, which were often disrupted by pressure on RW. Oh well, Luke Willson is cool too.

• Locked thread