Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I'm still lolling but at this point it's more like this :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

1redflag posted:

I think the biggest difficulty would be convincing kids to put off immediate gratification for long term gain, given that we are edging closer and closer to nuclear annihilation, resource depletion, aristocracy, and cronyism. Basically, nothing that you do will prevent the destruction of the earth and you're hosed if you didn't start out on top or have solid connections. So, work hard and for the betterment of mankind because your corporate overlords sure aren't gonna, I guess?

This is why I'm not saving for retirement. I can either have fun and be poor later, or scrimp and save and put off having fun now and probably still be poor or dead later.

So gently caress it I'm almost done my pilots license and I'm spending all my money on bikes and poo poo.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Also LOL we're all so very hopelessly hosed because the world is insane and Donald Trump is President of the United States of America and Commander-In-Chief of the United States Armed Forces, most powerful military on the face of the planet.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Minor LOL Canada is seen as a bastion of progressiveness because our PM is so much better looking and progressive and nice than your orange idiot and yet people are starting to realize that he's a selfie taking rich kid Eddie Haskell piece of poo poo that pretends to give a poo poo about gays women and refugees but is doubling down on our lovely oil economy and also selling tanks to Saudi Arabia so they can murder civilians in Yemen easier.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't talk about the world and current affairs with my dad anymore because it depresses him and makes him almost cry for the future of my nephews. He literally said once that if he thought the current state of things was as hopeless as I do that he'd almost feel morally obligated to smother them in their sleep.

Then I asked him if he believed that we were going to take any of the necessary steps in time to change the disastrous course our species has set for itself and he just went silent for a minute or so and then said that he just had to have hope that a thing would happen and make everything better and then changed the subject to the weather.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Donald Trump is President of the United States of America and we're all probably going to have a very lovely time relatively soon.

LOL.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Strategic Tea posted:

This is exactly what the boomers thought and now they're taking our taxes to demand more hospital beds and healthcare for the elderly.

Cthulu Carl posted:

So what you're saying is that it's a valid and successful strategy.

Ya, this. They're getting exactly what they're demanding. 'gently caress it YOLO' is a proven strategy so far.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
At least when I'm old and poor and destitute it'll be because I spent my adulthood doing super cool poo poo and not because I invested all of my money and then had it wiped out completely in the inevitable global economic collapse that everyone says is just a few years from happening.

Like seriously if basically the whole world told you that the smart thing to do was to invest in tickets on the RMS Wise Retirement Investment Strategy and then turning around and saying holy poo poo the RMS Wise Retirement Investment Strategy is full of holes and heading straight for an iceberg wouldn't the sanest course of action be to just say gently caress it and go ride bikes?

LOL This is the era of Trump.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Oscar Wild posted:

What's really lol is that Gen-x,y,z or mellinials aren't going to behave any differently. It's a self-perpetuating cycle of they got theirs, gently caress you, gonna get mine.

Why the gently caress shouldn't we behave differently?

For future generations?

LOL if you willingly contributed to the population of this doomed species. Way to go you loving asshat.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
So theres an article with this headline;

quote:

Nato officials will ‘ensure no one talks for more than four minutes to keep Donald Trump’s attention’

And I'm picturing people sitting in an office taking turns jingling their keys in order to get the attention of the President of the United States of America.

LOL.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

nooneofconsequence posted:

https://twitter.com/carrierobinson_/status/871755411808018437

Imagine our obese president who eschews any form of exercise to preserve his precious bodily fluids doing this.

As much as he might be relatively better than Trump, please everyone, stop swooning over our silver spoon sucking out of touch with reality Eddie Haskell channeling pseudo progressive Prime Minister Selfie.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
IDK if I find this funny anymore...

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I mean seriously when Trump became president it was super loving hilarious and I saw it coming months away and it was all 'lol way to own yourselves by supporting an unelectable lovely neoliberal corporate monster' but now people are literally dying in the streets and it just loving sucks and it isn't funny anymore.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

It's a little bit funny still. We

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Smirr posted:

I sincerely hope Trump dies soon. I'm willing to exchange future lols for present satisfaction. Namaste

If Trump dies now Pence becomes POTUS and that would be even worse.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Catastrophe posted:

It is 2017. We've built the most powerful country in the world, had a civil war, participated in world wars, became a manufacturing giant and turned into a tech giant, improved women's rights, improved civil rights... and then we elected a black president that broke society's mind and now:

Donald J Trump is president, Kid Rock is running for Senate, actual Nazis are marching in the streets again and give themselves nicknames like Baked Alaska, and fans of the cringey rap group Insane Clown Posse are planning to battle white supremacists in the streets of the nation's capitol with hatchets.

This is a world that's too over-the-top even for the creators of Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden.

And to think only a few hours ago I had posted how this wasn't funny anymore.

Back to lollin. I'm gonna need to livestream this poo poo.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
LMAO no more daily 'you're a special boy' folder delivered to the oval office.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

"Rarity adds value, being common reduces value" - a moron.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
"If everyone owns what I own I will become nothing, because I derive all my self worth from the inanimate objects I have obtained and not what I do with my existence as an individual."

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ashmole posted:

Seriously what the gently caress does this mean, I'm legitimately worried

Don't worry duder, all that's going to happen is Trump is going to start World War 3 because he is the President of the United States and Commander In Chief of the combined US Armed Forces.

Because he's got little hands and is the most insecure manbaby in the world.

LOL.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I still cant belive that this dumbshit got elected.

LOL.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Actually no, no I can. As soon as HRC won the DNC primary and Trump won the RNC, I knew he was going to win.

Man I should have put money on that but I didn't trust my intuition because who the gently caress would think that Donald Trump would be President of the United States of America.

LOL.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Here have a self quote from the thread talking about how there's now proof that the DNC was rigged for Hillary.

EvilJoven posted:

Hillary Clinton stole the nomination away from a nice old man that wanted everyone to have free health care and stuff and because of that you have Donald Trump as your president.

LOL your country deserves the hole it dug for itself.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
It'd certainly be another LOL if ICE tweeted a dude with an iron cross tattoo but people should make sure it's not a firefighter tat or some poo poo before screaming nazi nazi omg nazi because if they're wrong about that tat it's going to just feed the dickholes at fox news more ammo to go 'lmao leftists' :rolleyes:

But knowing how things go, that probably is a nazi tat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Both open borders and also stop the neo-liberal meddling in the affairs of other nations that serve to artificially suppress the standard of living in those nations while also stopping the exploitation of labour outside of said borders.

But that's never going to happen because the dems and repubs will both torpedo any candidate that would attempt to do so.

Bernie would have won.