Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I am a hundred percent in favor of stopping Nazis, actually.

yeah except for the ways that actually work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lol who the gently caress gives a poo poo about the liberal moral high ground when there's nazis marching in the streets? it's jeb

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Remember when Jeb was arguing for pages that antifa had never done anything good and then it was pointed out to him that they'd literally saved the lives of black and jewish clergymembers in Charlottesville?

E: And it turned out that he didn't even know of any of this?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

THC posted:

by the time libs are ready to give their permission to punch nazis the pogroms will be in full swing already and it'll be too late too do anything about it

By that point the libs will already have thrown in their lot with the nazis and will think that it's all very regrettable but did you see what those reds were trying to do to our taxes?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
In general there's some bad understanding of how nazi movements actually work among some folks ITT. Short version is that Nazis are generally cowards and losers, and thus require constant validation so they can convince themselves that they're actually superior manly men who are unfairly held back by the jews/reds/feminists or what have you. This is incidentally why they have this need for rituals and marches and whatnot so they can psyche themselves up enough to dare go stomping on somebody who can't fight back.

So while the primary goal of bashing the fash is to prevent the aforementioned stomping, a nice bonus is that when bashed and/or having to run away whilst in a state of pants-making GBS threads terror, the fash will find it hard to reconcile reality with his inflated self-image, and therefore actual resistance strikes at the self-delusions necessary to keep being a nazi and thus weakens the entire movement.

THC posted:

I think the plan is to be passive, and advise everyone to be passive, until eventually passivity and compliance becomes the only rational alternative left to people. then they get to look like they were right all along

Yeah, at this point it's pretty inarguable that at the end of the day there's nothing a lib cares about more than being able to maintain a smug sense of intellectual superiority.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Protesting, voting, trying to organize and persuade people, sometimes doing work for candidates. Pretty much all I can.

Hey jeb would you be willing to stand in front of a rampaging mob of nazis and nonviolently let them beat you to poo poo to make a point?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lol look at those goddamn fash eating poo poo. Maybe we've finally found the mythical non-bastard cops?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Best Giraffe posted:

Their love of violence eclipses their fascist sympathies.

Darn, figures. Well, at least they brutalized the right people for once.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

Forget the hidden hands, can we talk about what's going on with her legs

The answer to both is inbreeding.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

fatherboxx posted:

first muslim country of western europe? there was a gamedev scene in the Emirate of Cordoba?

They're talking about Sweden.

Incidentally I find it kinda funny that the big bad boogeyman country for the fash is one that consistently hovers at or near the top of every single QoL ranking.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

If there ever was a guy who deserved a swirlie, then this is the one.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jeb! Repetition posted:

No, I'm saying it's hypocritical to say something is violence, therefore it must be stopped with violence.

lol literally the most liberal-rear end of takes

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Remember when Jeb started arguing that black and jewish clergymembers didn't count as people because he refused to believe that antifa could ever lead to anything good?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Jeb: Nazis shouldn't be able to terrorize people for having the wrong skin color.
Also Jeb: Whoa there, are you trying to stop nazis from terrorizing people for having the wrong skin color? Don't you know that makes you the villain?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Top City Homo posted:

poland doesn't allow racists and fascists unless they are in government

Don't want no foreigners coming there and taking their jobs.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Posadas was right all along.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kilmers Elbow posted:

his name is Mosley? seriously?

First as tragedy, then as farce.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Styx sounds like those aesthete fash from the thirties, who incidentally also were big on occultism.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Relevant Tangent posted:

Imagine talking to that dude. So wrapped up in the memes he can barely communicate coherently. I guess he'll never have to think again, that would be kind of convenient.

The funniest thing is that they're so wrapped up in their memeworld that they couldn't even properly insult somebody who's not extremely online enough to get the jargon.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
when u think about it, a free market that fucks itself so hard that it has to shut down is the most libertarian market

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

resar posted:

What about all those idiots who took out second mortgages to buy 'tism bucks?

They're properly hosed, but I don't think bitcoin rubes constitute a significant part of the economy.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://www.cnbc.com/2014/10/09/bitcoins-bearwhale-and-the-future-of-a-cryptocurrency.html

This cnbc article about the bearwhale has a bunch of quotes from bitcoin enthusiasts about how amateurish the bearwhale seller was for trying to dump that many coins all at once, and doesn't at all address the fact that they basically pooled their resources together so he could sell them all at the market price he wanted to, and then some. The guy made off with millions of their dollars because they had to maintain confidence in the cult.

paying them millions to own the apostate

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The only paranoia you can credit Russia with creating is that of establishment liberals losing their minds and seeing russian agents behind literally everything that happens.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Shear Modulus posted:

however the russian elite definitely influenced the right-wingers who had been above being influenced by the right-wing paranoia chamber, ie the actual GOPe leadership who they've all bought off

Seems unlikely this is the case, since the GOPe leadership has already been bought by the domestic capitalist class a long time ago and the Russians can only offer what amounts to chump change in comparison.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

wizard on a water slide posted:

you realize vladimir putin is like, literally the richest man on earth and that some estimates of his net worth place it in the ballpark of 200x trump's, right?

not making any positive claim to anything serious or important that they did to influence the election, really, but the kind of thinking you're doing smacks of this weird cliche/stereotype that russia is a lovely nothing backwater totally neglecting the fact that they were in living memory the US's toughest competition in terms of things like intelligence agencies and that part of why it's a lovely backwater is a class of insanely powerful people who bought all the soviet state businesses and land for pennies when it collapsed

The GDP of Russia is literally less than a tenth of that of the US. They totally are a lovely backwater in comparison, and it makes little sense that top establishment politicians would principally be on Russia's payroll when they're already making out like bandits by selling out to domestic actors. This means that any hypothetical hold that Russia has over them is flimsy at best.

Or in other words, even if we assume that the GOP establishment is also taking bribes from Putin, it's obvious that they'd choose to do what the US capitalist class wants over what Russia wants if push ever came to shove. Hence it's far more plausible that it's a case of convergence of interests when they do stuff that Russia likes rather than them getting their marching orders from Moscow.

Shear Modulus posted:

It's not inconsistent to be bought off by both Western capitalists and the Russian oligarchs. Their interests mostly are in agreement re: plundering public wealth. For some obvious examples of important Republicans working with both groups there are Rex, Manafort (and basically everyone else in the """globalist""" group of the Trump campaign), and of course the Trumps themselves.

e: also yes putin has $infinite money especially since he can seize the companies and money of any other russian oligarch whenever they slight him or if he feels like it

Yeah, but those aren't establishment figures, they're the people who couldn't hack it until they managed to find a way to hijack the party.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

jews owe reparations for holodo... wait, what?

I see you havent heard of Judeo-Bolshevism.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Steve Bannon... welcome to the #resistance.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

StashAugustine posted:

It's weird how cogent these guys are given that they're Nazis

Well, tbf they ain't using their brainpower for anything else.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, it's pretty much the best modern example of the old truism that the fascist is a coward at heart.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

yes fascism is totally compatible with ancap. just look at this anarcho-capitalist idealism:

just what Mises would have wanted

Well, von Mises literally was an economic advisor to the Austrofascists, so pretty much yeah?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

How does any of that stop minorities being persecuted because the majority thinks they're icky for whatever reason?

Even if it didn't that would at least be a step up from the status quo where you don't even need anywhere near majority support for minorities to get persecuted.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Another Bill posted:

Me: oh wow, so funny that I remember this thing from my childhood, I loved that cartoon

:stare:

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/To_sell_toys

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the only two reasons the brits have gone to war for in the past 400 years or so is either to plunder some unfortunate land very far away or to prevent a continental hegemon from emerging, and ww2 was really no different

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

He's my age so he was in elementry school during the end of the USSR and high school during the Yeltsen years for context.

that's funny because yeltsin ended up killing about as many russians as stalin did

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tias posted:

#NotAllKarens

oh my loving god

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

so ben is in favour of same-sex marriage but only if one of the parties is a minor?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Who actually thanks cops?

I mean, even the idea of thinking military people weirds me out. But a fast food worker being expected to go, "Wow, a cop! Thank you for being a cop!" is totally alien to me.

i guess it's a way of lowering the chances that the pig in question will decide to beat or murder you for showing disrespect

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
how is it anti idpol to ignore objective economic class and instead pigeonhole people entirely based on their minority identity? seems like a pretty terminal case of shitlib idpol to me.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Azathoth posted:

tracey is anti-idpol in the same sense as stupidpol or his queen tulsi gabbard is anti-idpol, in that it's a thinly veiled excuse to cover reactionary hate

the times when tracey manages to bumble into a decent opinion, it's not because of good opinions, but because his reactionary hate happened to fall on someone who deserves it

dude is straight up poo poo

sure, but being all "well your identity is this and that determines your economic class" is still literally idpol to the max. so it seems to me that this dude is pretty loving pro-idpol despite what he might try to claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

reminds me of that one preacher panel about how the people who preach the supremacy of the white race always turn out to be the worst examples of it