Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Weeping Wound posted:

poo poo's going to get really ugly

poo poo was already gonna get real ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

I do think though it's genuinely very important that the left and the antifa start coopting and twisting the alt rights language, like, asap

The Nazis are getting as far as they are because in part, they've defined the language of this conflict while everyone else say back and let them do it. They've claimed the words like Free Speech, Oppression, etc and they've started trying to claim Fascism as well as a result of the protests, and the important thing is to start pushing back on those terms as well. Twist their language against them while you still can, mock them for wanting safe spaces, etc. You get the drill. Some people are already doing it but everyone needs to get in on it to deny them the terms of the debate.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

If campuses don't want their public areas burned to the ground, maybe they could

I dunno

Not pay speaking fees to a Nazi sycophant

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he should be marginalized and ignored.

The problem with the "don't feed the trolls" argument is that it only works when you have monopoly of attention, like in a small internet community. Milo has long passed the point where you can make him go away by ignoring him, at this point he needs to be publicly humiliated to break his influence.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Be that as it may, you can't un-touch the poop

He's here now, we gotta deal with him, whining about how people pay attention to him is useless at this point

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Thug Lessons posted:

Well he's not going away regardless. What are you going to do, assassinate him?

Ideally, if Milo could be made to cry on television it would utterly destroy him in a way murder never could

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

The Brown Menace posted:

seriously milo is the ego samson, like he'd take a punch and turn it into more victimization but if you touch his precious mane he will maybe try and roll with that for like a week before crumpling into a sobbing mess

Smack him with a paper bag full of nair

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Milo can only be defeated on the field of swirlies.

I'm telling you, smash a paper bag full of nair on his head

You get the triple bonus of him freaking out because he thinks he's been doused in acid, him realizing he's almost completely unharmed well after it's too late to save face, and his stupid loving hair will all slough off in a patchy mess

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

and i must meme posted:

why do all ancaps assume they'd be the super ayn rand billionaire instead of one of the slaves?

Let me tell you about something called the Dunning Kruger effect, my guy

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Brute Squad posted:

Henry Rollins trying not to punch someone on national tv.

The best part of that clip was Maher being visibly intimidated by Rollins and not wanting to push the issue

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Bud K ninja sword posted:

I met the guy once backstage at house of blues, that man is physically intimidating. Great conversationalist and incredibly friendly from what ive seen of him though.

Incredibly friendly, but there's also a famous story from one of his books where he was caught stomping a Nazi by some cops and convinced them to join in instead of booking him, which is great

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

The actual book The Bell Curve takes it a step further and tries to argue that your IQ is predictive of your station in life and uses the descriptor "cognitive elite," and doesn't seem to understand the cause/effect relationship between IQ and environment, and also claims that "innate intelligence" is a dungeons-and-dragons style racial stat that is different between different ethnicities

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Baloogan posted:

hate to break it to you but you are not as dapper as you might think

I base my personal style entirely on dressing like minor antagonists from robocop, so I gotta know: where do casual berets fall on the headwear scale

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

quote:

Foxler said he doesn’t understand how the situation got so out of hand.

“I’m really furry,” he said. “I don’t see human problems.”

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Best Giraffe posted:

gently caress YoU buddy, if you don't look good in a suit you should just give up entirety

the thing about suits is they anyone can look good in one of they spring for tailoring, but simultaneously, even the most photogenic person in the world will be laid low by a cheap suit

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Jose posted:

do you think moot ever reflects on the damage 4chan has done?

I wonder how much money he was able to get when he sold the site to that weird Japanese guy just before everything got ugly

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

man these people stirred up a hornets nest, did they not?

they killed a young white woman, which is the only crime in america you can't get away with

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Ive said it before but tony stark in the MCU is, metatextually, one of the most evil characters in modern fiction and his popularity is probably at least partially culpable for easing america into the idea of being ruled by a wacky authoritarian millionaire

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

FaustianQ posted:

What would a proper leftist superhero even look like? Is that basically Anarky but you don't let poo poo AnCaps write him?

OG Superman was basically the fury of the working poor manifest as a jumping punchman who beat the poo poo out of the mob and rich people

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

FaustianQ posted:

All this discussion really seem to point to is that superheros could easily be rewritten to be leftist ideologues if you could purge the liberal capitalism out of it.

batman, iron man and all the other rich vigilantes have no place but the guillotine

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

safely sodomized posted:

caro's story would make a good and hosed up movie about the absurdity of modern warfare.

by the coen bros, obviously

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what the gently caress is the dragon maid show?

anime about an office lady that hires a dragon lesbian as her maid, I think they adopt a dragon and theres also an unrelated dragon that incarnates as a big titty lady? all I know about it is thirdhand from a friend whos autistic irl

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

iirc the thing that separated the late 00's gay undercut from your standard nazboi cut was that the gay one tended to be more fluffed out and hairsprayed and generally scruffier in affect

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

Why are college towns always the most racist

college towns are full of young white boys who, for the first time in their lives, don't have to worry about dad beating their rear end for dropping the n-word or talking about sideways vaginas

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Fantastic Flyer posted:

The excuse that's usually given is that /pol/ is a quarantine board and without it, they'd shitpost everywhere else on the site. Ignoring that quarantines typically have some way of keeping the people inside from leaving.

So really, just think of a /pol/ as an overflowing septic tank on stilts that frequently spills its contents on the heads of the people below.

I remember when /pol/ got brought back after moot nuked it the first time and it basically sounded like he knew it was a terrible idea but all his mods were threatening rebellion if he didn't open it up to attract the forums Nazis away from their own little fiefdoms

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Jeb! Repetition posted:

How can you say something like "empty, cowardly moralizing" and not realize you're being a villain.

well you see, there are these guys, just across the way, that are literally calling for the extermination of nonwhites, and it helps me keep things in perspective vis a vis who are the real Nazis

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

"chairman bob" sounds like a caricature from an early devo music video

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

see, I always heard white laces = Nazi, but then I grew up too rural to ever go to punk shows and see firsthand

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

lmao that a hate group needs a ceo

stock price's really gonna go up with this folks

white nationalism can only go up uP UP

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

as a lifelong tabletop freak, I lol extremely hard at the idea that PnP gaming somehow has a better environment than video games

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Bullfrog posted:

I would be surprised as gently caress if he wasn't a fed. My question is, when will we see any arrests / consequences from the info he's (probably) providing to the feds? If any?

never

law enforcement is heavily white nationalist, and even then its more advantageous to tag-and-release nazis than to actually remove any from the pool because then they have a stocked dossier on everyone in the scene

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

one of the hosts on Last Podcast ran for Brooklyn borough president and occasionally works as one of fox's pet leftists, so the podcast is extremely cspam by association

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Data Graham posted:

That long goal sounds awfully tautological

"Nature has an inherent hierarchical order, so if we acknowledge that natural order we can elevate the strong over the weak in order to ... reinforce the natural order"

Fascism doesn't have to make sense to be dangerous, it just needs to appeal to the lizard part of several idiot brains long enough to get them to murder a shitload of people.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

freckle posted:

japan better watch out

lol Japan is already full of hard right chuds, that ship has saildd

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Ripoff posted:

I wonder how many lives would’ve been spared had Donald Trump and his white supremacy movement never made it to the national stage

ehhhhhhhhh

i think there's an argument to be made that Trump coming to power caused a lot of these groups to try and mobilize before they were really ready and ended up collapsing because a lot of the rank-and-file weren't sufficiently radicalized yet to be proper nazi footsoldiers. 4-8 years of Clinton would have probably been everything Spencer et al could have ever dreamed of for isolating and radicalizing a whole generation of teens and pepes.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Amphitheater is what I'd go with.

in English, amphitheater usually means an open to the air structure whole auditorium is enclosed in a building, iirc.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

business hammocks posted:

We’re going to find out in a year that Milo’s college tours were about grooming kids ala Spacey, right?

that old Laurie penny article did make note that almost all of milos road crew were kids in their early twenties at best, so

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

aware of dog posted:

https://twitter.com/newworldhominin/status/981489894362005505?s=21
just cause you read a Nazi book and agree with it and recommend it to others doesn't make you a Nazi, geez guys, come on

"I understand that this bird looks very much like a duck, and it quacks in a very ducklike manner, but we just can't jump to conclusions!"

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

pookel posted:

With my history degree, I have:
- been a newspaper copy editor for 10 years
- helped run my ex's game shop for 4 years
- been an AutoCAD/GIS tech at a telecom engineering firm for 4 years, and
- just got hired this year as a software QA analyst at the company that writes the telecom software I used at the prior job.

So basically I have no loving clue what a history degree gets you other than "yep, I went to college," but it hasn't hurt me in job searches either.

♩what do you do with a B.A. in English?♩

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

MizPiz posted:

Does he do anything besides draw pedo cartoons and have The Worst people as friends and acquaintances? Not trying to downplay either of those two, but it seems like he's brought up too often for someone who doesn't do anything relevant.

IIRC he was under investigation in switzerland for being an actual rapist before leaving the country polanski-style.