Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I doubt it, I don't even have a twitter account. Unless you're referring to the voting gauntlet thing, then I guess it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

sassassin posted:

99,994th in the overall rank after not playing after Subaki was eliminated.

Squeaked in there.

Did you have over 10 friends for most or all of that time? Because I kept going throughout the event and only reached overall rank 100,001 and I only reached the maximum point where friends add to the score during the third round thing.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Andrast posted:

Wait, having friends affects the score you get during the event?

Yeah, at 10 friends on your list it pretty much doubles how much each flag is worth.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

cpaf posted:

Ah yes, the only impossible quest in the game: "kill foes with Alphonse"

Also that is a lot of stuff in my reward box

It's not hard, there's no level specified so you can just throw him into the first stratum a few times.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I don't know why they had Tommy Pickles voice actress do characters in this game and Fates but I do not like it

I just looked it up, in Fates Peri and Hinoka were voiced by Elizabeth Daily. Cindy Robinson only voiced them in Heroes.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Random tower is really starting to burn me out on this game. I just want to level a few reds, game! Stop giving me nothing but tower stages of blues.

Have multiple teams of people to level so if one group doesn't have a good floor you can level up another team. Alternately just start a match on the starting tier and surrender so it will refresh the tower.

But yeah, the random thing can be a real pain in the rear end sometimes.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Man I really hope I can pull someone off the golden week banner before it disappears. Though I only put 22 orbs into it so far so w/e.

I know the feeling, I've put 45 in there (two full pulls, 5 for a started pull that was entirely white and blue, which are the only colors I have 5* units in) and I just crunched the numbers and I think I could only possibly get like 15 more free orbs before the banner goes away unless they feel like giving new quests before the thing ends, which I doubt they will do. It just occurred to me I could have full pulled on that other one and I'd have just enough orbs to have a third full pull.

I almost wish I had the stomach to whale.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

ungulateman posted:

The new arena reward system seems like it hands out dramatically less feathers unless you're already at the top end in exchange for 1-4 orbs?

The way it's worded I don't think they have changed the offense or defense rewards, they are changing the rank rewards to tier rewards, which means you won't need to break an offense score of 4000 to get rank rewards. Basically they're making it way easier to get a few extra feathers, but over tier 8 you can get demoted.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Ugh, I want to put pivot on my Zephiel, but my only source is a +attack -speed Eirika who might be useful as a support if I ever get enough blade tome users. Or is that a terrible IV spread for her?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

God drat, I was 4985 in Sanaki's army. Cutting it real close.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

gently caress, I was busy loving around on my new computer and missed out on the chances to spend flags during the 10PM round and now I'm sitting on 200 unused flags.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I've got a -atk Reinhardt and he still walks all over everything. I haven't even put death blow on him yet, mostly because I'm waiting for someone who can give the third level of it without me needing to spend feathers. I still can't help but feel sad though, during the voting gauntlet I got a chance to test ride a +atk Rein with DB3 and the difference in attack power is like 22 damage in a round, it's absurd.

Speaking of my stupid luck in 5* heroes, today I leveled my Ike to 40 and even with -atk he was still strong enough that with clever tactics I could almost ignore the weapon triangle.

Akett fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 18, 2017

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I've been trying to beat the GHB with MKV's strategy and it's not going well so far, I'm guessing largely due to my units being higher level. First hurdle was that instead of sending in Narcian the game would suicide the sword unit so it could free up the space to send in the green mage and kill Alphonse. Then after I fixed that by giving Alphonse an iron sword it goes well until the turn where the green mage hits Lissa, when Narcian decides to leave the canyon which kind of screws up the whole strategy. I tried to correct for the change, but that led to the blue mage killing Alphonse. If MKV managed to use some sort of stupid AI trick to keep Narcian in the area then I can't understand him explaining it because I don't understand Japanese.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Ugh, I wanted to get my Eirika into fighting shape quickly so I can have her buff Nino, but it wasn't until after I used nearly my entire stock of over 10000 universal crystals on her did I realize I needed to 5* her if I wanted her buff sword. So there goes a few weeks of effort down the drain for a bit of SP.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

This would be a dozen times less frustrating if I didn't need to split my stamina between the trial and raising up a handful of mostly 5* units to make the tempest easier. Also if it felt like there was a chance in hell of getting the quickened pulse seal.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

One of the last victories I had I only pulled off because I got to the last level with my first team and used the health percent loss to beat them with my fourth team, which is also my best team. Was on the easier of the two lunatics and I got less points than I likely would if I'd gotten to the last level on the harder lunatic and gave up.

I'm glad this made me bite the bullet and throw together a makeshift horse emblem team with Xander, Clarine, Ursula and Cecilia, the latter two having blade tomes. Gets poo poo done, but I generally need to hold off with it because if I want to kill Veronica I need to hit her with everyone but the healer in a single turn, even WITH the buffs I have Clarine holding.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Holy poo poo, leveling 5* units over level 35 is taking so much stamina I'm likely going to bankrupt my potions before I get a chance to blow them on the tempest trial.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

You probably have a giant pile of clusters with no better use

I used up that pile on my Eirika I 5*ed back when she was a 4* because I'm a loving idiot. Even if I used it better it would have only gotten her to level 32, and I have two other 5* units I'm raising up.

Akett fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 10, 2017

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

If your Rein is at level 40 and 5* and his attack is 38 taking his weapon into account then your Rein is -attack.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Oh my loving god I hate my phone, I loving threw two attempts at the last round in a trial because it keeps consistently misinterpreting my selections.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Octolady posted:

I accidentally double tap and end a units activation and screw them over all the time. Master strategist!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

You can turn that off in the settings now

I loving wish my problems were that simple. The lower right part of the screen has entire areas where my taps go to the edge of the area making simple tasks into a Sonic '06ian nightmare. I'm reasonably certain it's a hardware problem, it makes it hell for me to text sometimes.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

There goes ANOTHER tempest final level gone to the game having extremely creative interpretations to my taps.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Was it a mistake for me to have put Vantage on Xander instead of Quick Riposte?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Guess I can feed him a Hinata.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Oh cool, got Julia in a full pull on the Tempest banner! -Atk +spd... At least the + is something good.

God drat, the only 5* hero I have with +Atk is the Eirika I promoted, but she's got -spd. I'd love to get a +Atk 5* from pulling, but I just keep getting monkey pawed.

Akett fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jun 12, 2017

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

So I just took a look at the hero list specifically to learn what rarities units can be pulled at and Cherche can be a 3* pull? The gently caress? I still haven't seen one at all, yet I have five loving 3* Arthurs. I could really use a few sources of pivot for Zephiel and other armor units I might pull in the future.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

:cripes: I was going to teach Xander Fury 1 but I taught him Defense +1 instead. I didn't even remember who he got it from until I looked up who gave him Swap and I guess I just grabbed the only other useful thing Stahl had at the time.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Huh, I'm starting to win tempest trials more and more often, sometimes not even getting Xander and half my team killed by Veronica. It was kinda cool the one game where I managed to get Veronica and her infantry mage pal to 1 HP and cleaning them both up with Clarine as my last unit.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

So I tried the MKV strategy for the infernal GHB but my Cecilia is -def so I gave Stahl Hone Def 2 to make her defense equal to what it is in the video. She still got one round killed. Do specials ignore bonuses or do hone skills not stack with goad skills?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

I haven't watched the video but maybe it's because Legion's axe has a Panic effect? One of the Legions has a Panic Ploy skill, too.

Legion doesn't even get a chance to hit anybody, she's getting killed by the archer in the top part of the map and it's the only damage she needs to take.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Had Gronnblade equipped. I sometimes forget triangle advantage is also a defense bonus. Thanks!

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Man, I got screwed over this gauntlet round by picking Priscilla, I slept through the early hours and was only awake for one hour with the bonus.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I could have done so much better in this if I didn't sleep through bonus rounds. Like the first round I was ranked 20 in Mist's army and almost in the top 1000 overall because I used flags in nearly every bonus round except for the final one where I'd run out. For Priscilla I was sleeping in the early parts where the thing was shaping up and there were like one or two the whole rest of the thing, then when she was up against Elise I was awake for the early parts and slept through this morning's back and forth bonuses so I missed out on the more weighty bonuses. Ah well. At least I got enough feathers to 5* someone and I pulled a YTiki on the summer banner.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

If they want to emulate Echoes for what his spear does it's going to have a built in distant defense.

The wiki has a redlink for the skill on the page for his spear, so I had to look it up on the skill list.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Oh cool, I pulled an Olwen! Also cool: she's my first +Atk 5* that I didn't need to promote! Once at max level she's one damage better than my -Atk Rein!

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Boey died for this

Boey died so I could have a triple-Tiki defense team

That's a mercy killing, not a sacrifice, I got a chance to use Boey once in a voting gauntlet, he got counter killed by a mage he had triangle advantage on.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Every loving unit I have who has skills I need for inheritance is at 3* and I'm trying to save feathers for promoting my Anna, which even now I doubt I'm going to manage before the next Arena season. This is driving me nuts.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

+Atk Olwen is 1 Atk point better than -Atk Rein and has way more speed.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Ugh, I just wasted a bunch of dueling swords to get a deathless run and I'm still over 3000 places in rank away from going back to tier 19. I'm kinda kicking myself for pulling the trigger on promoting my project Cherche instead of putting it into Cecilia so I could at least not fall to tier 17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Tae posted:

I promoted the +atk rein to 5 then merged the -atk into him. the -atk was level 40 while the +atk was 1 if that makes any difference...?

You would have had to promote both to +5 if you wanted to have a +1 5*. The way you did it you just gave your 5* 40 SP.