Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Neo Rasa posted:

They gotta get Conan to voice a Flaming C alt costume for Superman, they have a second chance to make this right now.

They actually made one for the original when the game was featured on one of Conan's Clueless gamer segments. Never publicly released it as far as I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Gavok posted:

I'm your huckleberry.

Do you still have links to those profiles? They were interesting, and a decent chunk of the cast is returning.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

fadam posted:

My money's on Poison Ivy.

Technically already revealed, but it probably is her gameplay vid.

Star Sapphire would be the most appropriate, not that she will be in.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

MinibarMatchman posted:

it seems to be "alt universe only" right now which is why Shazam, Lex Luthor, Doomsday, etc are being left out due to death. In that case I would be glad if Joker is left out, he was really loving weird in terms of animations in the first game and it was off-putting, not to mention how loving bad his face/voice actor were. Harley Quinn's moveset encapsulates a lot of Joker stuff already i.e. big mallet, poison syringe, hyenas.

Having it be "alternative universe" also kind of explains why Supergirl is new in this storyline.

But isn't Green Arrow dead in this universe? Not that death has ever meant much for comic media, but it would be weird if they use it as a basis to drop characters inconsistently.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Boon teasing a "deep interesting" roster reveal tomorrow. Someone asked if it was Flash and he responded "not exactly deep into the roster" so I'm guessing we get a guaranteed new character.

"Deep cut" certainly fits Captain Cold so I'm going to predict it's him.

Snowflame, at last.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ImpAtom posted:

Green Arrow and Black Canary both exist in a place outside of time per Injustice canon so he could be an alt-dimension Green Arrow just not the mainline one.

Ah, I haven't read the comic. They say he is dead in story mode of the first game, and I was going by that.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Jimmy Hats posted:

From what we've seen of the game I think a lot more characters have aerial mobility and teleports and dodges and such so it should balance out (I hope!)

Also the universal roll, so everyone has at least one (expensive) option to get in.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Probably so, but I'll still be disappointed if it is. The game has way too many "summon a buddy" traits.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

I was pretty cold on him when announced, but the way scarecrow plays seems extremely my poo poo. Obnoxiously long-ranged normals that transition into full combos? Yes, please!

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

KungFu Grip posted:

Only if he's the incredibly deep and dark Fred from the comics

The Flintstones is legit the best comic DC is currently publishing.

Fred could summon a bunch of helper animals/appliances, and he'd fit right in.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Evil Canadian posted:

Going by bio on official site, Joker is still dead as a doorknob. So I guess playable but not featured in story mode(thank god).

As others have speculated, I would bet dollars to donuts that he shows up for a couple story mode fights as a scarecrow gas hallucination. Batman, Superman, and Harley are all prime candidates.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

omg chael crash posted:

I'm assuming all of the new characters are getting those weird super power granting pills or whatever?

I would assume other than possibly Scarecrow, since it is ambiguous what exactly is really occurring during his fights.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Holy poo poo! Nether Realms thinks of everything.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

MinibarMatchman posted:

oh undeniably, that's how I started KOF and Guilty Gear and poo poo but since the NRS stuff is the only game that usually has a worthwhile story mode I always thought it was fun to go in blind for a while and then do training mode later on.

Same, the fact that the story is typically amusing enough, it switches your character every few fights, and typically by the end you have seen a bit of every character, lets me use it as a really basic character survey to decide who I want to spend time actually learning.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Doesn't say "Seasons Beating!". C-

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

C. Everett Koop posted:

yeah watch out for the gorilla grodd sex scene spoilers

FunkMonkey posted:

I am watching, oh baby.

How is Iris supposed to compete with that?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

McSpanky posted:

I had to unblock comments on this after seeing the rating and yep, it was like cracking open a halite geode. Even a middling player can put up a decent fight with a few MB rolls/bounces but of course everyone's QQing about zone spamming and why all fighting games are terrible (except SFV, which is terrible because it apparently has no zoning). I really wish I had a PS4 right now.

It's expected, but on the other hand if you block comments on this one you would miss

Some Scrub posted:

so you spent $60 to zone Niggas out

Pig of the Hut posted:

Nah you got it backwards, they spent $60 to get zoned by me ;)

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ed Boon confirmed on Giant Bomb that an Open All Boxes button is coming in a future patch

Thank loving god.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The bar fills as you deal damage with the DoT from the first activation, and when the bar fills up it turns green and starts to drain. While it's green you can press the character power button to do a quick knockdown move with a pretty generous area of effect.

Also while active any attack that uses fear gas (aka any attack with a green effect) will also add to the bar. The move you unlock, Traumatize, is a full screen low that puts characters in the same kind of unbreakable stun as a full Canary Cry.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Yeah I was screwing with Brainiac early today and he has a ton of variety in where his attacks hit, but he's just loving ponderously slow and his trait is rear end.

If they get to Injustice 3, I really hope a primary design goal is making every trait impactful, because so many are total duds.

The sad thing is they made big improvements compared to Injustice 1, where a huge number of traits were never used.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

DLC Inc posted:

I really like Green Lantern's alt trait, the forcefield. I actually think they did a decent job this time around with making each trait unique, really only Superman, Cheetah, and Lantern have generic ones (I guess Bane too though he can stagger his charges)

Swamp Thing really got the short end of the stick, I didn't even remember what the gently caress his was til I looked it up. It's loving bad.

From videos I've seen, Swamp Things trait really blooms if he puts the opponent into the corner. The opponent will land in it at the end of his juggles and then can't jump, which makes getting out of the corner that much more difficult. Kind of niche, but not completely and utterly worthless the way, for example, Injustice 1 Cyborg trait was.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
I was really surprised he didn't switch to Adam. Particularly since that seems to be mandatory when down 2-0.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
They replaced MMH in the background of watchtower once he was added to the game in I1.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

codenameFANGIO posted:

Did Jim Lee design Raiden's dumb mask??

Probably. They had Jim Lee do the injustice designs for both Subzero and Scorpion.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/08/23/injustice-2-black-manta-release-date-revealed/#2

So looks like Black Manta footage on August 27 and then the character will be released Sept 12.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Aug 24, 2017

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Kelp Plankton posted:

hellboy looks a little different than i remember

Movie adaptations always take liberties with the characters, this is truer to the comics. :v:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ImpAtom posted:

Black Adam is basically The Original Captain Marvel and is pretty similar to Sinestro. He got superpowers to be a hero and ended up abusing them to become a tyrant instead. He was sealed away/shot into space/etc and ended up coming back. In some versions he's the person who killed Billy Batson's parents. He has basically the same set of powers more-or-less but is evil-sometimes-antihero. A lot of writers basically just make him DC's Namor.

Adding to this, in at least one version he was sent to the other side of the universe for abusing his powers, rather than accept this and making a new life he instead spent a few thousand years slowly flying back to earth. He's kind of in a weird place in that his brutal/complicated antihero stick is more popular than Captain Marvel, but he is so closely associated with that character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Hexenritter posted:

Post Killing Joke Barbara in a wheelchair would be amazing

Eh, it's been done. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p47eQB9zchk

• Locked thread