Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I first-picked Trout and got Mookie second pick last year, traded David Peralta for Trevor Story the day before play started, crushed the league all season, and then lost in the semifinals. I had successfully repressed that memory for a few months until finding this thread :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Is Matt Cain pitching? He's a mobile Coors Field

:golfclap:

Spoeank posted:

The O in Ryon Healy is for offense, do it.

Sweet, I slept on 3B in my draft and found myself choosing between Healy and Moustakas and I went Healy despite having never heard of him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

:eng99:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MIchael Conforto :swoon:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Someone dropped zobrist in my league. Right now I have

2B: Castro, Murphy, odor
Of: Betts, Hamilton, conforto, bellinger, JBJ

Do I drop JBJ for zobrist? They're both players that I think will bounce back.

If not JBJ I'd probably drop one of my back-end pitchers (griffin or Miley or Hahn I guess). I'm struggling with that because my 2b/of seem really good and my rotation kind of sucks.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I gotta say that my Cody Bellinger and Michael Conforto pickups have made drafting Trumbo/JBJ a lot more tolerable.

On the other hand, almost every pitcher I drafted has hit the DL and my current pitching staff sucks. I'm trying to trade for an ace but no one wants to part with their good pitchers because everyone else seems to be going through the same thing. Does anyone have any good buy-lows I should be looking to target?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moneyball posted:

I've done some research and have come to the conclusion: gently caress pitching

:same:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Should I drop JBJ for Ian Happ? Because I'm getting pretty sick of JBJ's poo poo but am afraid he will go ham the second I drop him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Ian Happ is a ~*~CuBs PrOsPeCt~*~ who hit a dinger in his first at bat and caused everyone to lose their mind and forget there are eleventy billion people ahead of him on the depth chart but they're all dead for a few more days.

He's getting a cup of coffee and people are losin' it

I hope this is a thing people quote to mock you after Happ hits 40 dingers this season :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Should I drop JBJ for Ian Happ? Because I'm getting pretty sick of JBJ's poo poo but am afraid he will go ham the second I drop him.

:eng99:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Salavador Perez just crushed me :psyboom:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Are you in a league that values fielding or something that Cozart and Pillar are owned? I know both have been hitting extremely well but it probably won't last....

Speaking of "it won't last", Alex Avila cleared waivers yesterday so I picked him up and am hoping he's good for as long as Kyle Schwarber sucks.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

GIVE Daniel Murphy, GET Josh Donaldson

Do I win that? I have a glut of 1Bs (Encarnacion, Alonso, Bellinger, Murphy, Avila) and a handful of 2Bs (Happ, Odor, Murphy) and am weak at 3B (Healy). At first I thought it was an obvious mash but I'm starting to psyche myself out over "what if Donaldson gets hurt again or the injury affects his play when he's back?" and "why would you trade away the cleanup hitting in the highest scoring lineup in baseball right now?".

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Doltos posted:

I'm literally going to have Rizzo, Odor, Kinsler, and Travis on my team all at once :psyduck:

2B seems crazy deep this year - I had Castro, Murphy, Happ, Odor but everyone I try to trade with seems to have a good one already (Altuve, Cano, Gordon, Pedroia off the top of my head)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I have Healy, Alonso, and Lowrie who combined to crush today :peanut: Go Athletics!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Ryon Healy: The O stands for offense!

I was so mad in April that I took him over Mike Moustakas but I'm over it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I grabbed lotto tickets Jeff hoffman, ben lively, and sean newcomb and am basically praying for pitching at this point :ohdear:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Which side wins? Conforto or (Mazara + Fulmer)?

I'd be getting the pair and am leaning heavily towards accepting it but this guy always sends me terrible offers so I'm immediately suspicious that I'm misjudging this.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Who are you dropping to make room for Fulmer?

I also have Matt Chapman in my DL spot.

I'd probably get rid of Schwarber or Tyler Anderson. Also, I'm in a league with a maximum of 45 FA/WW acquisitions and I've used 34 of them because gently caress Pitching so that plays a role (I feel like it's in my best interest to have a lot of good pitchers because at some point I'll be unable to make changes). The main reason I still have Schwarber/Anderson is that there hasn't been anyone who feels worth burning a move on.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moneyball posted:

Started a new job a few weeks ago, and was told about the office league. Figures it would be the accountants who were in to fantasy baseball.

They have a 12 team AL only league with 2 catchers. What sort of self-hatred would cause someone to set up those rules?

So there are 24 potential C slots with only 15 starting catchers? Yikes.

I feel like I'd just punt C (or at least my second C slot) and let everyone else worry about it. That's pretty much what I do with closers now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Berrios, you jerk. You just lost ERA for me. :(

I was slightly behind in ERA/WHIP with both Aaron Nola and Jeff Hoffman playing at Coors, and miraculously I think they're doing it.

I hope they don't implode because I'm posting this :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

It's me. I'm the guy that drafted Tom Murphy and held onto him for 4 months so he could bat .050 with 1 run.

My god what a hilariously hideous year I had.

Is your team name "Murphy's Law"?

• Locked thread