Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
They're just not up yet.

I'm in Missouri though and I have no idea if I'll be able to do pro leagues, because of some new regulations on fantasy sports :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
I came in 2nd last year in a pro h2h 12 5x5 5-teamer, with kenta maeda and random streaming pitchers :grin:

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Personally I'm waiting on Realmuto, you can get him like 11th round or later. Last year he had double digit sbs and hrs with ~ .300 average. Yeah I'll take that at the catcher position and at that price.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Trout, Mookie, Machado, Corey Seager ----> dead last :gonk:

Wha? How is that even possible?

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Yeah I need to see that pitching staff. I came in second in one of my pro yahoo leagues last year with a terrible staff of carrasco, half year archer/half year hill, and beyond that it was streaming and scrub waiver wire pickups. I did have britton and osuna though. My offense was good but not that good: Wilson Ramos, Encarnacion, Machado, Corey Seager, Starling Marte. Also picked up Morales and Justin Turner off waivers.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Someone tell me to stop way overthinking things and to keep Mookie in the second round instead of Yu in the 14th or Schwarber in the 25th

it's that same 10-team league

stop way overthinking things and keep Mookie in the second round instead of Yu in the 14th or Schwarber in the 25th

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Doltos posted:

I'm considering taking Mookie second overall this year if I get a chance so yeah, second round.

Also more people sign up for the goon h2h league

i would join a goon league but cbs and yahoo aren't letting missouri residents play pro leagues this year :qq:

yahoo says they are working with the state to figure something out by march, when the permanent law kicks in (it's been some kind of temporary law) but who knows. What am I going to do :qq:

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Doltos posted:

Literally just sign up and pay outside of the league. We'll probably just paypal everyone the 20 bucks at the end of the season anyway. This is your opportunity to skate around dumb gambling laws.

Ok yeah

In that case I'm in, if the draft time works

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I like Renfroe, just youtube some of the home runs he hit last year, they are bonkers. I'd say you're fine on speed with villar, hamilton, and turner

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

those are fine trades i guess, but polanco/myers and cespedes/archer are going around the same point in the draft

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I significantly upgraded my catcher in the Myers trade, and in the Cespedes trade Nunez is going about 90 spots later than Fulmer.

oh

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I think he might be well on the way to figuring out how to pitch at Coors (and also how to be able to pitch outside Colorado; is apparently hard to switch back and forth).

He has really, really nasty stuff and has a great k rate. I'm in for sure this year, he'll come cheap and has insane upside (see: last year's complete game 16-k shutout)

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

Thought I got the site from here but its not in the OP so maybe not.

Pitcherlist is also a good site to follow with really solid pitcher rankings

Follow his rankings at your own risk. He was encouraging everyone to draft stroman and wainwright last year. The gifs are super awesome tho

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I wouldn't keep anyone else

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

spanky69 posted:

Need some keeper advice here. Narrowed it down to the following players to keep (Max of 2 keepers per team). 10 team Yahoo league, snake draft, Rotisserie scoring (R/H/HR/RBI/SB/BB/AVG/OPS for hitting and W/CG/SV/K/ERA/WHIP/QS plus K/BB for Pitching).

4th Round - 2B Rougned Odor
7th Round - 3B Anthony Rendon
9th Round - OF Christian Yelich
10th Round - 1B/OF Wil Myers
10th Round - 3B/SS Eduardo Nunez
10th Round - P Steven Wright (CG Category)
14th Round - OF Stephen Piscotty
19th Round - 3B Nick Castellanos

I might take odor over yelich. Yelich's power last year is not real. Odor is awesome and 23.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

If anyone is interested in a 12 team $20 roto 5x5 yahoo league with a slow draft, I made one:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812813&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I'd drop Lindor, I think he's a bit overrated. Cabrera is awesome. And definitely don't drop Springer imo, there's huge upside there. Like he could go 40/20 this year and it wouldn't be that surprising.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

1. (6) Bryce Harper (Was - OF) $40

3. (17) Carlos Correa (Hou - SS) $34
4. (20) George Springer (Hou - OF) $29
5. (34) Freddie Freeman (Atl - 1B) $28
6. (48) Rougned Odor (Tex - 2B) $26

8. (76) Mark Trumbo (Bal - OF) $15

This is a pretty good core imo. Lots of risk but tons of upside.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Schweinhund posted:

Pointless hypothetical question. If Jean Segura repeats his 2016 year in 2017, where does he get ranked in 2018?

Early second round?

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm getting close to the point where I have to decide my keepers in the dynasty-lite league and I'm still waffling on current vs potential.

We keep ten at no cost, they're your first ten picks. 12 team h2h, 6x6 with OPS and QS added.

Most of my keepers I've already decided on: Trout, Stanton, Miggy Cabs, Cano, Dozier, Buxton, Sano Kluber, Tanaka

For the last spot I have to decide between: Kemp, Mazara, Jose Ramirez, Aledmys Diaz

Interested if anyone has any insight on those four. We have a normal starting lineup for fantasy.

e: I forgot a player

I dunno who cabs is, but I'd likely go Diaz

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Schweinhund posted:

Only the greatest player of the last 10 years :3: :3: :3: :chanpop:

Oh. I'm pretty dumb

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

It's easier to read teams when they are typed out by position

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I just took over a team in a 12 team 7x7 roto league, with 3 keepers. Holy guacamole look at my hitting:

C: Gattis
1B C. Davis
2B: Trea Turner
3B: Moustakas
SS: Correa
IF: Bogaerts
OF: Cruz
OF: C. Gonzalez
OF: K. Davis
UTIL: Encarnacion
UTIL: Lorenzo Cain
BN: Napoli and 3 guys I'm going to drop

Is it just me or is this hella stacked?

But ugh my pitching is terrible, gonna need some waiver wire love:

Quintana
Price
Nola
Matz
Samardjiza
Odorizzi
Rodon
Snell
S. Gray

N. Jones
Madson

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Mikeb Trout is a pretty good baseball player I hear

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I'm all in on Verlander. Took him in the 4th round in both my leagues. Don't see any reason he shouldn't be awesome, or at least, any more than any other non Kershaw pitcher.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Edit != quote. Nm

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

well this is going to be a fun one

6x6 obp-league, slg and qs added

zunino
belt
carpenter
donaldson
correa
upton
schwarber
k davis
j parker
c seager
bogaerts

-

gallo
profar
deshields

chapman
diaz
pomeranz
berrios
ryu
morton
wheeler
mccarthy
lynn
karns
montgomery

gently caress starting pitching. i can piece it together as the season goes. in the meantime, trying to move xander for yu and seager for springer. also, zunino's a placeholder until schwarber gains c eligibility. i'll add and drop guys daily for that slot.

would be great if berrios came around!

I've seen bad pitching, but that is awful lol. Maybe move a ss? Your hitting is stacked though

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

What's the difference between Pro Leagues and Private Cash leagues on Yahoo?

I think the private cash leagues are custom leagues with settings picked by the commissioner who created the league. Pro leagues have standard settings and don't have a commissioner, they are just run through yahoo

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I know basically nothing about fantasy baseball strategy, but I just drafted this in a 12 team yahoo pro h2h league.

C: Willson Contreras (9)
1B: Miguel Cabrera (2)
2B: Ian Kinsler (6)
3B: Nolan Arenado (1)
SS: Troy Tulowitzki (12)
OF: Carlos Gonzalez (4)
OF: Adam Jones (7)
OF: Michael Brantley (13)
Util: Dexter Fowler (14)
Util: Mike Napoli (15)

Bn: Dansby Swanson (16), Mike Moustakas (17), Keon Broxton (19), Devon Travis (20)

SP: Yu Darvish (3), Jacob deGrom (5), Julio Teheran (8), Rich Hill (11), Julio Urias (18), Hyun-Jin Ryu (21)

RP: Andrew Miller (10), Adam Ottavino (22), Matt Bush (23)

Obviously saves are not going to be a thing, but how bad did I do otherwise?

You need more speed, bad. Also get more sps, you don't need so many bench bats

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

Baseball is starting!!! Do I sit CarMart against the Cubs opening night in roto?

Uhh. No.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Moneyball posted:

David Dahl worth a #5 waiver in a 12 team? Has the hype train derailed?

Yeah I think so, why not? Personally if I see a player I want on waivers I just do it.

Totally unrelated, one of the $ roto league I'm in is using GIDP as a pitching category. Haha whyyy

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Ryon Healy Dinger God is my only 3B and after DL/NAing guys post draft, I have 4 open roster spots. Is Moustakas worth a flier or will he just hit .230 and chip in some homers and make me feel like a tool for not making Wacha or Ryu my top waiver priority?

The best 3B on the wire otherwise probably like Saladino, Profar, Gurriel, Polanco, and Flores :geno:

He good

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

one

day

calm down, everyone

Kris Bryant went 0-4 should I drop him??

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Yes Verlander yes!!

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

So for some reason in the Goon league all of my game times are showing as PST on Yahoo. Anybody know how to fix that? It wasn't an issue during football season, and I can't find a timezone setting anywhere.

I had this too and they told me i need to send them my account info because blah blah blah...I'm just resigning myself to it

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

just got mookie for seager :cool:

:thumbsup:

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

My h2h team's pitching thus far in my first week:

45.2 IP, 47 K, 1.38 ERA, 0.88 Whip, 3w, 3s.

So far I like pitching more than last year.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

How many relievers should I carry in a 12 team, 6x6 h2h league that has saves and holds (as two separate categories)?

It's standard roster size for yahoo, 23 total, with some quirks: there's a 30IP min each week and a max of 70 aquisitions for the year. I have four relievers, and it seems like not enough, but there are some good guys on the WW that I can't seem to make room for...

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Has anyone noticed what James Paxton is doing??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

triple post hype sleeper who was still ST hyped id say yes

Yeah but still:

3 games
21 IP
22 K
4 BB
8 H
0 ER

:swoon:

• Locked thread