Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

the only way to educate dipshits like this is to let them get pounded in the rear end hard by their own electoral choices. i hope they all lose their healthcare and are reduced to voting democrat in 2 and 4 years to get it back

in the meantime liberals have plenty on our plate just trying to protect the vulnerable groups who weren't self-indulgent enough to vote in an obvious monster just to give the finger to the rest of the country

pretty much my view. they're grown rear end adults, they made a choice, if they suffer then im going to point and laugh. Don't want them to die though, as i prefer it when a lesson is learned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

there is a kind of rabid fever that talented populists tap into that short circuits logic, and some of what we're seeing posted itt is the fever of the campaign has broken and they realize they got carried away and things went too far. it's important that we acknowledge and understand this phenomenon in order to more effectively counter it in the future and keep the rhetoric grounded

however there is still no getting around the crushing stupidity of voting for the guy who explicitly promised to gently caress you over, and then getting pissed at him for loving you over. traditionally, radical populists run into trouble with their base if they don't keep their campaign promises

ultimatly he relied on the "common knowledge" that politicians never keep their promises. Since nobody actually listened to what he said they assumed he'd do what they wanted (HES JUSt SAYING HELL GET RID OF THE HEALTH INSURANCE I RELY ON) and now the dread truth is starting to hit.

Best thing to do is to point and laugh until they realize it (big if in a lot of cases), then show them how they can get active.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I have a lot of friends who are grade school teachers. One day one of them started sending me snaps of some writing exercise to the presidential candidates.

Every single one of them read along the lines of "dear mr trump please become president and build the wall and keep all the illegals out or we'll be doomed"

Come to think of it I don't think I've ever met an inherently liberal/smart kid.

most kids just have the same politics as their parents, if your in a deep red area this isn't surprising

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

sexpot posted:

Couldn't we just, like, ban all the really creepy religions?

so all religions then

i say euphorically

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Plan Z posted:

I would agree to federally fund a study to find out why four states whack it to cartoons so much.

lol of course georgias top term is ebony.

raised an eyebrow at wyomings but having seen how many families have 3 kids from 4 fathers it makes a bit more sense

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Lol those idiots will probably be bailed out of the worst of it by Gov Brown, give Trump the credit, then vote for him in 2020 and vote against Brown

Certainly their whole business model would fail if all illegals actually were booted out

a shame he has to look out for his people, letting them actually suffer concequences for their actions would be hilarious.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

so how many new trump regrets are we expecting when oroville is flattened and DT refuses to give federal aid money

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Trump will do nothing and Brown will fix it from the $7 billion dollar rainy day fund his tax and spend liberal philosophies have built up

Then the Butte county voters will think Trump did it and praise him and vote for him in 2020

sounds to me like "PAID FOR BY THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA should be plastered on literally everything that gets rebuilt imo. plus im hope trump makes a big, unignorable deal about not sending in aid money

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I suspect that if he does, Brown will make a big, unigorable deal about how he fixed it himself with money he's now not sending to DC

god willing

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

a russian hookers piss sex tape would be more than enough reason to kick him to the curb and install pence or ryan. to paraphrase a very successful businessman: what would they have to lose? what the hell would they have to lose?

the trump base won't give a fuuuuuck and decry everything as fake news. so all the smart GOP Congressmen are stuck running mental calculus as to where their seat will be safe if trump is ousted, because if he is the GOP will melt down about as hard as the DNC is right now

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

bro, just go all in and say "why bother voting since trump will announce that the results were fake news and declare himself god-king of america :smugdog::pipe:"

gently caress off with this stupid edgelord cynicism for cynicism's sake routine, this attitude is exactly the kind of poo poo that helps republicans/russians keep u disengaged from democracy

trump isn't crying fake news because he feels strong. strong leaders don't need to plug their ears and cry "nuh uh it's all lies" over and over again. weak leaders with little legitimacy do that. he basically won the election on a technicality, he's a month into his 1st term and already historically unpopular and scandal-ridden, and is on thin loving ice with his own party, who aren't even "his" party in any historical sense and have zero reason to take any political heat for him if/when the poo poo hits the fan.

it ain't cynicism about doing anything dipshit it's observation about a sizable and very loud portion of the population. also read what I was responding to. I'm not saying don't do anything, what I'm doing is explaining why gop congressmen are hesitant to oust the Trump. Since you seem annoyed from the endless naysaying of the dem thread and now feel like projecting harder than trunpmp, let me spell out what I was saying:

1. Trump has a fan base that is very loud and will function as a death cult for him
2. They will, consequently, shout to high heavens if/when trump gets impeached
3. therefore congressmen from areas high in trump support will weigh their options to make sure they don't get primaried if they go against him.

I'll have them tendies fam, honey bbq dipping sauce please

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the government pays way over market tho

id make an arguement about how jacking someones land is theft no matter how much you pay them if they dont want to sell it in the first place, but if they were jacking someones land to make a hospital or something else actually useful instead of THE WALL id be all for it v:v:v

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

can't wait for The Great Depression 2.0 to go down in history books as beginning when a billion internet enabled mines were used to DDoS every finance structure in the country for weeks

a billion mines chirp "im gay" as they explode in unison

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

so on the week of 420 trump got basically nothing done and a bunch of consevatives are getting hit with Mattering.

the week of 6/9 is gonna be nice

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

are you roleplaying the guy who invented graham crackers?

the gentleman from south carolina is totally real i assure you

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

nm posted:

What is fun is that he gave California aid after that dam thing.

hahaha if i was a republican in NC id immediatly start demonizing trump for this to try and primary some fuckers to start my own career holy lolly

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I wonder if that spook that Trump got killed voted for him

supposedly the source was Egyptian and not a direct US source, but my only source do that was Twitter so take it as you will

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

:bisonyes:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/872153633865048064

R E A L A M E R I C A

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

they won't learn a thing unless ahca passes and they suffer terribly

at least the illegas are getting deported *local economy crashes when all farmhands are deported/in hiding, loses insurance, votes republican one last time before dieing of diabetes*

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

lol she voted for the unabashed xenophobic ultra-nationalist candidate backed by every single white supremacy group and also tons of literal Nazis running his campaign

she got exactly what she voted for

i can understand why it happens since immigrants dont have the same knowledge of political parties that growing up with them gives, but considering how open trump was about not likeing immigrants :lol:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

Ideally we would be brutally owning them to the limits of our abilities, but also getting them health care, education, living wages, etc. etc.

I don't think either prong of this approach would change many people's minds, but I don't really care.

my ideal politician is one who improved their lives in every way then points out that they needed a gay black Muslim liberal communist to help them

I'm glad the free cutting edge rehab program we forced through helped your teenage son kick his pill habit, welfare queen

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/People4Bernie/status/877527733181456384

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

AHCA 3.0 gonna skullfuck rural America even harder lmao

Any rural hospital that doesn't straight up close down will be so understaffed as to be effectively not open anyway lmao

I live in Wyoming were going to have like 4 hospitals statewide and 2 of these will in the same city this owns

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Wonder what's going to happen to the life flight services when they're being needed for like every emergency in the state outside of a major metro area, and yet nobody can pay for their services

The closest medical facility for the North West and North eastern parts of the state will probably be NPS or forest service clinics lol. The part of the state with all the coal mines will only have a VA hospital and I'm not sure what their protocol is for long term treatment is considering I'm certain they aren't expecting to be the only hospital for the northern part of the state

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

what

explain why they're all completely convinced that they're winning then

they projected themselves on to trump and take his victory in 2016 as a personal affirmation to how they are.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

TWIST FIST posted:

are they going to eat him???
he'll be offered a luxipus meal with a most peculiar if tasty meats only to notice all too late that one of his staffers is missing

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

curufinor posted:

i don't actually know if you wouldn't be able to identify human meat right off
like, you've taken small or medium size bites of yourself, probably
people eat placenta, altho prolly not mccain

we are gifting you a very special kind of pork senator

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Beef is going to get up to like $10 a pound for 80/20 despite hundreds of billions in subsidies going to welfare queen ranchers lol

the ironic thing is that there no reason to give cattle ranchers subsidies since unlike farmers whose crops can at least anchor the soil, the only downside to less people trying desparatky to deny their responsible for the high levels of cows poo poo in the local waters

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Because God Forbid politicians try to make themselves appealing.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

What's the job market like in western rural Washington?

Better than the rural parts of any red state.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Jose posted:

better to be homeless in a state that will care for you than one under water imo

I'd rather be homeless in Hawaii than own a home in ohio

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

how do I become a lumberjack?

get a degree in forestry, then work for any state org instead so you get better benneys, safer conditions and the right to where flannel to any gathering.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ur not a real lumberjack until your on the dole because a rolling log tore a leg off

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Wyoming apparently has a surprisingly good public education system, so naturally the ~business owners~ in the state leg decided to cut the teachers salaries.

Except they are legally bound by contract that any changes have to be union approved so they hosed that up and the states gonna go broke because they don't wanna tax the rich billionaires, which is loving woerd beca8se the richest part of the state is blue as hell so the self harming chuds would be down for it

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

This would be a tremendously stupid idea, which of course just means that it will be included in a midnight revision that is voted on before it is revealed.

I unironically want this one to pass since the fastest way to be change is to piss off the rich, see the fall of Shrikeli.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

the upper middle class, and the rich are not the same, though the former keeps trying to pretend to be the latter they also continue to cannibalize their own interests in the service of their beloved senpais

centrism 101

Eh to-may-to to-mah-to. the point is that it would be an immediate and noticeable slap in the face to comfortable suburbinite whites who make up trumps base.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/ConnorSouthard/status/904019494535798784

u only support the cops until you interact with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

is it me or does it smell like 3 mile island up in here?