Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/VP/status/1116538131724099586?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tetrabor posted:

That's what a normal person would expect, buy why would they go a step further and ban their one source of exploitive slave work from ever being able to come into the country?

*Looks at thread title.*

Oh....

they just need to cut a deal with prisons/ICE camps. maybe that is steve miller's plan?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
many midwesterners streaming into the thread saying how pennsyltucky shouldn't be racist.....but yet....they still persisted

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
woops

fits my needs has issued a correction as of 13:55 on Apr 29, 2019

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
too many trump threads

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

we're probably just a few months away from NPR officially switching over to being 80% uncritical interviews with economically anxious white rural or exurban voters about why they still support Trump

these people live in a fantasy world where politics is just team sports and maintenance of the narrative is all that matters. the rust belt must be overwhelmingly white for rhetorical convenience, and thus the coverage ignores all non-white people

this is already the case lol

when they have Plumpeo or some other dude just running roughshod over the stupid lib host and being thrown softball questions lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tip Shades posted:

Logan's Run remake where everyone over thirty knows the truth but wants to die anyway, and one man is forced to live because they need someone to do all the killing.

just have it be a robot like the original drat

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
gee i wonder if there’s any kinda things in place to prevent minorities from voting or something :iiam:

must just be laziness :clint:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

1redflag posted:

even worse, imagine Kurt Cobain, Janis joplin, and Jimi Hendrix all hocking cadillacs and women’s underwear. *gives Bob Dylan the stinkeye*

make that money obama

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AkumaHokoru posted:

we call them coons in the community. there are usually 2 reasons someone coons like this. fear or ignorance. some people get republicanthink in their head and believe if they try to be one of the good ones they wont encounter racism. some are so scared of encountering racism they try to play like they are above it but in reality are trying to avoid it.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
im an ally! im an ally! i keep screaming pelosishly

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

EverettLO posted:

My Trump voting father died of a brain cancer about a month ago. Thinking about his life, it occurs to me that he led the archetypal life of a boomer.

He was born into a family supported by a union electrician who later went on to become a union president. The decent wages and conditions allowed my grandfather to live in a nice house and send my father to college for engineering, the first in our family. My father's relationship with his own father became more strained as he headed into management later in life and as the Republican party stopped pretending to play nice with union workers.

My father appears to have always been right wing, but began to transform into a boomer chud in the age of Reagan. He never seems to have bought fully into the more esoteric Republican beliefs on voodoo economics or cutting all regulations. He was mostly a single issue voter, and that single issue was guns. Culture war issues were a useful cudgel to aggravate the libs but held no real animus for him.

During the early 1990s the company he spend 20 years working for was bought out by another company and he was laid off as redundant. It was the obvious conclusion to everything Reagan's economy embodied. He was able to find another job in local government that he held until a few years before he died. The working conditions were better and the benefits were light years ahead. None of this had any effect on his shallowly considered belief that governments needed to be cut down and that the free market could handle it better.

I watched him transform further during the 1990s as a result of the Contract with America and the explosion Rush Limbaugh and Fox News. No longer would he consider political views outside of the pre-scripted talking points. For someone going through their own teenage political formation, it made earnest conversation all but impossible.

The Bush years were banner years, sort of. All of the ideals he should have loved were politically ascendant but he never seemed satisfied with it. He was not terribly pleased with the invasion of Iraq even if he was fine with Afghanistan. In the 2008 primary he bafflingly chose to vote for Fred Thompson. The election of Obama broke his political will and from then on he just seemed sullen and bitter on the subject of politics. He never seemed to like Trump and thought he was an idiot. He voted for him, though. Anything to see Clinton eat poo poo on a national stage.

In some ways it was not as dire as it sounds. All the Limbaugh in the world couldn't break his love for his family and he supported my brother and me through mistakes that flew against the conservative mindset. He also loved babies and had a great relationship with his grandchildren.

I will miss him despite the fact that our conversations needed to be carefully cultivated to avoid politics. I think this is true of many boomers and their children.

glad your :chud: boomer dad is dead. what a hypocritical prick lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

i think y'all are a being a bit too harsh here

i mean, yeah that poster's dad WAS objectively awful, but we could show the guy a bit of tact

shut the gently caress up liberal

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:votegop:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FMguru posted:

Not quite "Trump voters realizing", but a fun result of running policies that chase all the young people and immigrants out of your lovely rural state:

https://twitter.com/chryllaird/status/1162541272302796800

hahahahaha holy poo poo, between this and the lobstermen dying of opioids things not looking good

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ElGroucho posted:

You'll have to excuse me if there are no tears streaking down my brown face for the white american farmer or west virginia coal miners, who I'm sure are very pro-immigrant

"all war is class war" - every white techie DSA member

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
yeah between the rape, and the people dying 'deserving it', and some rear end in a top hat destroying some unlimited energy machine because he was a loving rear end in a top hat idk, i got to the part where john galt grabs her from the crashed plane, takes her to some room or some poo poo and starts talking and talking and talking and talking and at that point i stopped reading

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
wtf kind of poo poo do u nerds read

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Avirosb posted:

Did this become the new "LOL at democrats" thread over night or something?

https://twitter.com/WordswithSteph/status/1170911679128985601

Doubt they'll live to realize much of anything.

good

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1171957284802629638?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1176481819170103296?s=20

quote:

“Democrats are becoming way too extreme,” Shaun Majors, a 42-year-old high school graduate who has worked at the nearby Beaver Valley Power Station for almost his entire adult life, said before last week’s event began. “I voted for Trump last time, and I would again.”

Daniel Keener, a 72-year-old Democrat who retired after more than two decades at the nearby power plant, said his party has moved “way too far left.”

“Every one of them wants to take my gun,” said Keener, motioning to the handgun clipped to his left pocket. He said he’s committed to Trump in 2020, but he’ll likely maintain his Democratic registration because he’s “a union man” and his family has a long history with the party.

At the union protest just down the street, 60-year-old power plant electrician Terrence Ankrom, a registered Democrat, isn’t so optimistic about the future of his party.

He shared his concerns with two friends while waiting for the rally to begin. All three voted for Trump.

They laughed when asked whether they had Twitter accounts. One pointed to his flip phone.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WOWK13News/status/1176836438039683072?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

reading those vape tweets gave me the happy cool rush that i imagine nicotine coincidentally feels like

woops

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/1178325437472284673?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Huragok posted:

its really funny because I was watching this with my wife and she looked visibly disturbed because she voted for trump too and I loving laughed in her face

caveat: I’m a foreigner lmao

what in the gently caress

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FMguru posted:

"I'm sure when white people talk about cracking down on and banning and deporting all muslims, they'll make a careful distinction and exception for minority sub groups like us." - something those dumb fuckers actually believed.

How can you live as an ethnic minority in the US for more than five minutes without understanding that to white people "muslim" means "anyone vaguely middle eastern looking or sounding"?

you would be surprised lmfao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
knowing the dmv lady is rural privilege

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Eat This Glob posted:

maine has a lot (relatively) of Somali and Iraqi refugees.

https://www.mainepublic.org/post/how-refugees-get-settled-maine

Sure is a dearth of US-born POC though. LePage accused black and brown people of coming to maine to deflower the proud yankee stock

why do they always resettle refugees in the worse shitholes lmao, wait i think thats probably just part of the lovely policy lol.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

the cruelty is the point

yeah its always funny the goons bringing out the "well we got these refugees settled here....."

like those folks wouldn't have picked any place else if they had the choice lmao. its the same poo poo as all the :chud:s in rural shitholes running out the only doctors willing to work there because they are too brown and talk funny. well all the rural hospitals/clinics are shutting down anyway because of no funding/hollowed out communities so :shrug:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Axeface posted:

this argument is a year old but i just lurk through threads whenever and i wanted to get a spotcheck on how this argument worked out re: not killing everybody

fukin' brutal

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

Ya it's not a coincidence that every single rural voter that gets media attention is either a local Republican party official or affluent retiree hanging out at a diner at 2pm on a Tuesday. Actual working class people would say stuff like "ever since Berkshire Hathaway bought my trailer park services have been cut and rents increased 50%" and that's intolerable to The Narrative

There was a deep dive into the life and material conditions of Dylan Roof awhile back by the Atlantic I think that is really good for horrifying libs. Just ask them to read it and say "more Americans have to live like that than don't"

dylan roof.....seriously? lmao trying to garner sympathy for a white supremacist and mass murderer.

no war but race class war!!!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
woops

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

InsertPotPun posted:

But "i will improve your life" never works on these people. obama took a personal interest in one town, promised them aide, repeatedly visited, got them that aide, in fact his programs he personally went, delivered, and explained to them revitalized the town so much they were going to homeless shelters to fill job positions.
Keep in mind that before obama, personally, came to town to help them they were dying in huge numbers from meth, there were no businesses left, the entire town was dying.

they voted for trump 64%

now the town is dying again. very very specifically even the town mayor points directly to trump's tariffs...while sitting at the desk with a framed picture of him and trump smiling as he explains that trump is going to do right by them finally.

they don't care.

elkhart indiana, like much of americans, will vote for whatever rear end in a top hat comes in and praises them last. and trump excels at heaping praises on people while they're in his sight line.

lol higher ground productions should make a documentary about this town

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i'm trying to find the report right after the election of a black woman in the deep south. the white woman she worked for straight up told her she might as well come live on her property now bc soon she'd own her as a slave

lmao southern hospitality and heritage all rolled into one!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

Spray these gatherings with that indelible ink they use to mark who's voted in some countries. Anyone with dyed skin is clearly marked for other people to stay the gently caress away from, and will be given last priority on medical resources.

the cops already do that

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
but he wasn't supposed to con me, just those other people!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

germophobia sure didn’t stop him from loving bareback on multiple occasions 🤔

its that thing he does where he says both positions on a topic and then dumbass libs trip over themselves saying how owned he is because TECHNICALLY he said that

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
:qq: what happened to mah country :qq:

pfffthahahahaahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
is the dog in ur av a confederate