Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Ray posted:

He should be hit with a brick.

There is one with “Brexit” stamped on it heading his way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

It was. Also, look how young Basil Exposition was.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

J.A.B.C. posted:

Just wanted to appreciate this ban stack. Like, wow...kind of impressive.

For some content: driving through rural Kansas today to get some jerky from a local vendor, and we were heading out of a town called La Crosse. Near the edge of town, someone had put up a 'Trump Train', one of those cheap one-track coaster rides you see at the really bad carnivals with his name on the side. However, since they never cared for the thing, all that remains is a folded, rusted hunk of scrap that will never run again, TRUMP emblazoned on the side. A good visual metaphor for our current state, imo.

A medium-sized shack along a photogenic country road about half an hour south of Hayes?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

J.A.B.C. posted:

Precisely! We were heading to Pat's Beef Jerky in Libenthal, and had to pass through LaCrosse to get there.

Also, btw, an hour drive for jerky is totally rational.

I once flew into Denver, drove six hours to Hayes for a steak, then drove back to Denver to catch a flight out. The reason I know the area and the jerky place is because, purely through an accident of traveling, I found a roadside diner out there with a ridiculous steak, and I’ve been back numerous times. I figure I’ve driven 30+ hours out of my way over the years just to go eat there. I’ve planned one vacation, one move, and one unspecified cross-country trip around that steak.

The jerky is also very good.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Stefan Prodan posted:

a local mobile home magnate built this in my hometown

it's been on the market for like 20 years

at one point it was rumored that Ric Flair might buy it for some reason

http://businessnc.com/nc-trend-stealing-home/

this is in one of the poorest ciites in the state lol

This is literally Dave Barry’s “How to Redecorate Your Home for Under $650,000” where the house was called The Villa de Mucho Simoleons and the pool was a lake imported from Switzerland and heated by an active volcano.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Have I seen the climate change in the past 20 years? Absolutely. Do I think the climate is changing? Nah.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Bruiser.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
That's the stuff, lol.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Tetrabor posted:

They are getting that fresh Millennial/Gen Z blood now in San Francisco, I'm pretty sure we're on the precipice of boomer vampirism.

Boomers have been vampires since at least the mid-70s.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Shame on you, actually.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Pththya-lyi posted:

I'm not shaming them for supporting the Kurds, I'm shaming them for thinking Trump would handle foreign policy at all well. But here's an easier person to laugh at:

I meant shame on the person who voted for Trump, not on you for posting it.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

lmao you are pretty delusional if you think Warren comes across with the same level of passion as Bernie for roasting the billionaire class.

Bernie is literally the only one of them I believe means it when he talks poo poo about the .001% wealth goblins.

Edit: vv They _could_ be briar patching, but I think it’s more likely that is their knee-jerk response to anyone who even pretends to want to reign them in.

Veni Vidi Ameche! has issued a correction as of 09:04 on Nov 15, 2019

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
“Nine suicides related to low milk prices” is an amazing phrase.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Kitfox88 posted:

rawing a dog is most assuredly not vegan friendly

It is as long as you don't eat her.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I briefly mixed up Michael Savage and Dan Savage, and I was like, “the advice columnist hosed Ginsberg?”

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I now regret being creeped out by Michael Shannon's relentlessly villainous facial configuration. He's got the worst case of resting serial killer face I've ever seen, but his brain seems pretty good.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I forgive the past three years for everything if the entire Republican power structure is wiped out in a puff of disease and irony here in the first quarter of 2020.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Are the retirees going to be attending Spring Break?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

SelenicMartian posted:

She says she raises rabbits.

Rabbit eggs are the ones that have a lot of double yolks, right?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

shirts and skins posted:

Man fishing is way cooler than any of this, I'll check out those threads. Gotta be a perfect social distancing activity. Guessing the Westport charters aren't doing so hot right now, though. :smith:

You're gonna cough on a trout and in sixteen months we'll all be dead of COFISH-69.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Stoatbringer posted:

So the number of infected doubled in the last week to 1 million.
That's not so bad, surely, even if it carries on like that?
Week 2: 2 million
Week 3: 4 million
Week 4: 8 million
Week 5: 16 million
Week 6: 32 million
Week 7: 64 million
Week 8: 128 million
Week 9: 256 million
Week 10: 512 million
Week 11: 1 billion
Week 12: 2 billion
Week 13: 4 billion
Week 14, mid July: 8 billion (so, everybody in the world apart from those dudes on that one island)

6,000 years from now:
[POLITICIAN] Well?
[SCIENTIST] Sir, there can no longer be any doubt. The cradle of civilization is... (points at map) here, in Madagascar.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Strong Sauce posted:

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1253034005462646784

maybe i'm dumb but maybe the mayor of a city should be responsible for the health and safety of its citizens...

can't wait for all the old chuds protesting 85+ degree weather demanding they be allowed to play their favorite slot machines.

She’s not mayor because she’s highly qualified for the job. She’s mayor because she’s the wife of the previous mayor, whose main qualifications were being a mob lawyer, and being paid to advertise Bombay Sapphire gin at official government functions.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Strong Sauce posted:

https://time.com/5829244/trump-voters-coronavirus-2020/

this is a pretty decent short article. lots of choice quotes.. but we all know what they'll do come november..

wait.

nevertheless

Even if the law firm lady accepts the idea that Trump is doing “the best he can,” it still makes no sense to vote for him a second time. If you give a guy a job, and “the best he can” turns out to mean he is a bumbling moron who screws it all up, gets nothing done, and causes tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths, you fire that person and give that job to someone else.

The most charitable view possible of Trump as a president is that he’s just not suited for it.

Edit: Yes, that ^^

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Those chuds who famously fly an LGBTQ flag at their church where worship is lead by a woman pastor, and who also followed all of the health guidelines they were given at the time?

This isn’t chud death. This is a bunch of apparently open and welcoming people who did literally everything they were told to do by health authorities and people still died.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Hm, you believe you can cure the virus, yet you die of the virus. Interesting.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I wonder if the county will let him subdivide his chins, because that motherfucker has got acreage.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

pseudanonymous posted:

... performatively not wearing a mask.

Virtue signaling, if you will.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I am ready to get out there and start creating jobs. I’m thinking of starting some sort of organized job-creating concern. A syndicate, if you will. Who’s in?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

No biggie. This is definitely the Democrats’ fault for stalling funding or something.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

BiggerBoat posted:

Oh, dear god. And I hear Jacksonville is the front runner. I live in St. Augustine and work in Jax

I also work in large format printing and it was gently/jokingly pointed out to me today that if this happens, my office (and me in particular) are likely going to be producing a bunch of Trump 2020 MAGA banners and signs and bullshit. What did I do to visit this upon myself? Do I conscientiously object when I NEED this loving job and the health insurance? Why does the god I don't believe in test me like this?

I can't deal

Just take me.

You are a Shakespearean tragedy made flesh.

The answer, of course, is to make the banners and keep your health insurance. If possible, apply the backing poorly, or spit on every thousandth bumper sticker, or something, but don’t knock yourself out.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Hillary 2020 posted:

The invisible hand of the free market says gently caress nazis

I voted for you, invisible hand. You’re not hurting the people you need to be hurting!

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Volcott posted:

Is there a new Pmtru wordfilter or am I having a stroke.

Quote your own posts and you can see for yourself.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

BigDave posted:

Are we sure about that? I could have sworn that lung cancer kills a lot faster then this, and he announced his diagnosis, what, 6 months ago?

Shockingly, the ultra-wealthy and those with connections to power don’t follow the same disease progressions as the rest of us.

On the plus side, the longer he lives, the longer it hurts.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Interweb posted:

will you people please shut up and get back on track? :mad:

https://twitter.com/Porter_Anderson/status/1279163403567759367

This is amazing. He really is trying to kill his entire base.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I hope BiggerBoat isn’t dying, and also it annoys the poo poo out of me that Australian, Canadian, and British descriptions of the “bad” parts of their health care systems sound like unobtainable health Nirvana when viewed from the United States.

Edit: I’m actually too dead inside to be annoyed. I’m just not sure how to properly frame the feeling.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

wizzardstaff posted:

In the introduction to one edition I had, Asimov said he wrote the chapters (of the original trilogy at least) as short stories to be published separately. They were popular and editors kept requesting more but he was tired of the series. Which is why they start one-upping themselves and each one ends with "And then they discovered the TRUE purpose of the Foundation, for real this time we swear, all secrets were laid bare and it was all over."

People who want books about other collapsing galaxy-spanning empires should check out The Risen Empire by Scott Westerfeld, which includes a thesis on how culture stagnates when the elite do not allow themselves to die and be replaced.

No need to read that when we can watch it in real time as boomers continue to cling desperately to every shred of power they can as their wizened bodies further shrivel and age without dying, thanks to the healthcare entitlement they’ve given themselves while denying the same to everyone else.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lol, this adds a lot to the other Twitter post about this guy. None of it should be a surprise, but still.

Lol.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

He died the way he lived, ignorant and belligerent.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

LonsomeSon posted:

there’s two answers to this. first, yes there is a Texas public health statute which defines charges and penalties for willfully exposing others to a contagion against their will or with malicious intent

second, even if it was a different judiciary you’d have an uphill climb trying to establish fault when the victim voluntarily attended the party while equally knowledgeable and derisive of the danger

I’m pretty sure if six people stand in a circle, point guns at each other, and pull their triggers, the guy who happened to get the gun that was loaded is still going to be charged, even if everyone agreed to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
When was the last time the flu, which this COVID-19 stuff is no worse than, killed so many semi-public figures, and murdered its way through Facebook so thoroughly?