Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Trickjaw posted:

I cantvremeber the name but it rather amazes me people get off on it

I believe you're thinking of "Urethral Sounding"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Zephro posted:

(they did a feature recently called "What Would Captain America Make Of Donald Trump ffs).

The journalist here appears to have totally neglected his research - due to a character with god-level abilities being lied to, reality in the Marvel universe has been rewritten so that Captain America is a secret neo-nazi now (well, Hydra but same thing) and would totally be a Trump fan.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Pochoclo posted:

I'm not really seeing this right-wing tilt. I've been in the software development field for more than a decade and like 80% of my coworkers have always been either center or slightly left-wing.

The libertarian types tend to gently caress off to the USA because they get paid more there and society agrees more with their fygm mindset.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Paxman posted:

Also, Branson is described as English but Hinduja is "British", even though he also seems to be from England (he lives in London).

My dad's been living in London for 2/3 of his life now and I don't think he would be happy if people described him as "English" - and there are plenty of similar Scottish people.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Private Speech posted:

不列颠 - Buliedian (Britain)

Country that doesn't queue? Are they taking the piss?

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Evening UKMT.
Do you remember Pigeon Street? BBC kid's cartoon from the early 80s?
Well, guess what's making a comeback on indiegogo?
(not a paid shill, just desperately want to see the results of the campaign)

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

I once engaged with the CFO of a medical group in the states right at the time of their 'NHS death panel' scare stories which was interesting.

Were you the top, or the bottom?

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

I don't understand. This was at a barbecue.

Ah I see - a spitroast.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

ukle posted:

13% is a colossal amount in the FTP system and would take Labour into a majority government.

Very much depends on where that 13% is - look at the difference in seats between Labour and the Alliance in the 83 election versus votes, or look at how many seats UKIP got for their vote vs the Lib Dems in 2015 for a more recent display of the problem.

MikeCrotch posted:

Australia is simultaneously one of the least densely populated countries on earth and one of the most heavily urbanised. A ridiculous proportion of the population live in a tiny few dots on the huge continent, it's actually pretty dense where people actually live.

It really isn't - the densest populated parts of Australia are about as densely populated as the least populated bits of the UK. Perhaps you're thinking of Canada? They seem to do alright without needing off-shore rape camps.

HJB posted:

People don't hate immigrants (at least, they didn't and they wouldn't), they hate the negative impact of the sheer number of immigrants on their lives.

Congrats on making the favourite argument of the racists! If this was remotely true, then people would be more anti-immigration in the parts of the country that have more immigrants (the only part of the UK where this is remotely close to happening is Slough) rather than what we actually see where it's the most painfully white areas of the country who complain the most.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Pochoclo posted:

First, it assumes "pocket money" is a thing. If your parents give you money as a kid, you're already pretty well off, so congratulations.

If you're getting pocket money at the rate the article assumes (a few grand a year?) so that 1/4 of it would make your deposit then yeah, but getting a token amount of pocket money is hardly a mark of being one of the petit-bourgoise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Mister Adequate posted:

Also I was named Kiir (Estonian, if you're wondering) until I changed my name

Is your surname Royale by any chance?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Dacre is editor-in-chief of Associated Newspapers (or whatever they're called these days), so is the boss of the editors of all three, and certainly the person with the most influence over their editorial lines.

Dacre has gently caress-all influence over the Mail on Sunday as Geordie Greig is in tight with the current Lady Rothermere and as her husband controls the purse-strings what she says goes.

• Locked thread