Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

haakman posted:

Just wait til they pull it out...

Can confirm that the removal of a catheter really loving hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I am grateful to have been under general anaesthesia when they rammed the catheter up my knob.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

TomViolence posted:

The bad part isn't when it gets shoved up your knob, it's the bit where they pull it back out that really hurts.

Truth.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Please do the needful.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

So presumably Abbott necked all three drinks and then spent the rest of the evening doing the same?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

crispix posted:

And don't get me started on loving wheelie bins. :mad: When's the last time a bin man in this country did a proper bastard day's graft?!

I hate that when they do decide to graft a bit, they do it at 7 am. Means I get woke up at least 3 hours early every fuckin' Monday.

Bastards.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Jippa posted:

Why aren't you all out panic buying lettuces?

I don't particularly like lettuce.

What's up with panic buying lettuce?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Pissflaps posted:

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

:vince:

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

LemonDrizzle posted:

Rainfall and flooding in the Mediterranean countries has ruined the crop, so supermarkets are only letting people buy at most three at a time.

I mean, I can't imagine ever wanting to buy more than one head of lettuce at a time, but there you go.

I bought a lettuce once, made a couple of BLTs and then left the lettuce to rot in my fridge.

True story.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

learnincurve posted:

Iceburg lettuce will doom your rabbits, lizards and tortoises to a slow horrible death. It's mostly water, has virtually no calories or nutritional value and your pet will use more calories eating it than they get from it, and as Lizards/tortoises have tiny stomachs and a slow metabolic rate you are basically starving your pet to death with food.

Whenever I am out with my friend buying food for her Guinea Pigs we have to scan the ingredient lists on those salad bags you can get to make sure they do not contain iceberg lettuce because as you say, it is doubly poo poo for pets you might feed it too.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I've never really looked at the @britainelects Twitter feed before.

How do you decide which aggregated poll to post Pissflaps?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Pissflaps posted:

He's quite something.

What do you mean by 'aggregated poll'? That latest poll is from YouGov.

My bad, Poll aggregator rather than Aggregated poll.

Still interested in your choice of poll result though.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Pissflaps posted:

I think that's the only one that's 'none commentary'.

Your question suggests I'm choosing polls that reinforces my existing opinions - do you know of alternative ones that might challenge them?

Is answering a question with a question a form of deflection?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Except for when they don't.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I want the moon on a stick.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Zephro posted:

British anime. Branime.

Isn't British anime just like, cartoons?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Who can say for sure?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

The Poddington Peas were awesome.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Extreme vetting - is that like taking take of Mitzy the Poodles hurt paw while jumping out of a plane?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

He's very cosmopolitan, isn't he? German wife, French mistress, it's like he doesn't hate the EU at all!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Pissflaps posted:

I thought Stewart Lee was a UKMT favourite ?

Fist of Fun was alright, 'flaps.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Pissflaps posted:

Cool that this thread is focussing on anime and video games when the Speaker has literally just denounced Trump in the House of Commons.

Denouncing Trump is so last week 'flaps.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I'm sure there was an article in the Graun recently stating that Trump had no interest in addressing MPs and just wanting all the pomp and circumstance of a state visit, meet the Queen, some military display, that kind of shite.

[edit] this one - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/05/us-president-doesnt-care-about-making-a-speech-on-uk-state-visit

Dead Goon fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 6, 2017

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

gently caress off they never go into the office.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

What a waste of eggs, do they not have bricks?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Dead Goon posted:

I'm sure there was an article in the Graun recently stating that Trump had no interest in addressing MPs and just wanting all the pomp and circumstance of a state visit, meet the Queen, some military display, that kind of shite.

[edit] this one - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/05/us-president-doesnt-care-about-making-a-speech-on-uk-state-visit

He doesn't want to...

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I think forests get off very lightly too - burn 'em all down and build some houses!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Won't covering the lot in concrete and building houses also lead to people wondering why their house floods everytime it rains quite hard?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Perhaps it is like a real job and he says to Tom, "Hey Tom, I had to come in on Sunday so I'm going to take Monday off. Do you mind stepping up and keeping on eye on things? I'll be on my mobile and checking emails periodically if things really kick off."

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I worked at an Amazon FC once.

It was shite.

Got better breaks than Tess hinted at, though.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Tesseraction posted:

It's legal because it provides the minimum 30 minutes. No requirement they be contiguous.

Those were the breaks I got in 2012.

Fair enough, I was there in 2015.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Tesseraction posted:

The Working Time Directive, while good, did not invent weekends.

How long did you get?

Two 15 mins and a 30.

But we were also working 8am - 6pm

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Tesseraction posted:

You lucky bastards.

I bet they didn't spit in your food either.

Don't know about the food, but the hot drinks machines were on free vend!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Maybe Corbyn decided not to opt out of the 48-hour working week:

https://www.gov.uk/maximum-weekly-working-hours/overview

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

serious gaylord posted:

You don't know what cheerleading is.

I had an e-mail back from my labour clp this morning telling me they don't have the authority to accept my resignation and will let me know who I have to contact. Either way the DD is cancelled, but I guess this might be how labour could inflate member numbers for a long time.

Why are you so important that you need to resign from the Labour Party?

Cancel your DD, cut your membership card up and post pictures of it on social media like all the other whiny little babies have done in the past.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

serious gaylord posted:

Because that's the process every member is told to go through. Otherwise they keep you on their rolls for 6+ months and continue to send you marketing poo poo.

But thanks for the personal attack.

You are welcome.

Have you tried this, from The NewStatesman?

quote:

2. You can cancel your direct debit, and contact the Labour party headquarters telling them you are leaving at The Labour Party, Labour Central, Kings Manor, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6PA. This is more boring, but more predictable, and it means you can join again when you are filled with regret for abandoning your comrades.

Dead Goon fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Feb 9, 2017

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Regarde Aduck posted:

If you don't consider yourself important enough to stop paying money to a party you no longer support you might have self image issues.

Stop paying money then. "Resigning" smacks of self-importance.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

JFairfax posted:

how do they know if an elephant is telling the truth or not?

Well, they say elephants never forget, so I guess you could tell them something, dose them with LSD and then ask them about the thing. If they say they don't know anything about it, you know they are lying.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Ah poo poo, I just removed my beard and left the moustache!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

23rd, isn't it?

• Locked thread