Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

River City Ransom Underground is FINALLY arriving this month after almost 4 years and it is glorious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us7MnovsPKs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

came here to post that DOOM "review" playthrough and was pleasantly surprised people still remember that. between that and everything that ben kuchera does, Polygon is garbage tier and again I'm left unsurprised they were too bitchmade to finish Nioh in time

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

jontron doesn't make videos unless they are sponsored ads or guest appearances on his mra friend's podcasts. :sad:

lol I was waiting for him to make that vlog thing he claimed he'd do and then didn't. idk how this dude makes money when he only puts up a video like once every 3 months

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

From what I've read, the game has been tuned down a bit from the alpha and beta demos, but I'll have to see for myself tonight. I still think the greater pool of options in terms of skills/stances/magic makes this more accessible than Dark Souls, at least to people starting out with this kind of game. There are actual manuals and in-game tutorials about mechanics as opposed to wondering what the gently caress a pellet that "gives beasthood boners" does.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Yeah I posted it earlier.

The thing I forgot to post about that's already been deleted was boogie2988 trying to do a hot take on Twitter and burn Disney in the process by posting a picture of that scene that has Donald Duck saluting from "Der Fuher's Face" and going "Hmmmm looks like Disney themselves are allowed to make Nazi jokes HMMMM." without realizing the historical context and that the message of Der Fuher's Face was explicitly saying that life for the average person under Nazi Germany actually sucked guys we should really go and beat up Hitler.

yes because it's not as if disney's loving management has changed in over 60 years you obese dipshit. what is it about playing games on youtube for a living that breaks people's brains.

I don't think this dude is a fascist nazi but he was a loving moron thinking he'd get away free. Of all the wacky things you could pay people to do with a Fiverr account, why was this the phrase that came to mind first? For a "joke" it's the dumbest loving thing you could go with in 2017.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I didn't realize he doubled down after deleting the tweet and wow:

https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/831354507145650176

"write better and actually funny jokes" is good advice for a guy who literally used to just scream "im raping poo poo" over and over. too bad career youtubers are socially inept and incapable of subtlety

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

This thread is scrambling over itself to own boogie without reading his tweets

pretty sure he got selfowned enough already by deleting a dumber version of what he said, also by being a fat sweaty ragegamer

CJacobs posted:

I agree that it's ok to make racist/whatever jokes as long as the nature of the joke makes it clear you are not intending to offend people. Humor should not be gated by the possibility of offending people and in my opinion to do so empowers people who do use racist/etc humor to offend.

Pewdiepie did not do that, he paid some guys to hold up a sign that said kill all jews or whatever and then said "no but I didn't want them to do that". That's not making a joke, that's being a dumbass.

edit

https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/831350300967653376

also what grapplejack said

yeh

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

dude could have put literally any wacky cheesemonkey poo poo on the message and it would have been the same result but instead he decided to be a retard about things as usual. he'll still make money from whoever signs him next though but it's good to know that even after being shamed to poo poo about his previous work he's still at his core a loving moron who doesn't know anything about how to do business like an adult

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is Zelda a playable DLC character yet

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 14, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I guess I'm just curious as to why entertainment companies think 'jokes' about women, hispanics, blacks, asians, etc. are either perfectly fine or begrudgingly overlooked, but Jews are completely off limits.

are you loving retarded

judging by your post history I'm going to go with "yes"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806778&userid=172204

Lumpy please chill and smoke some weed or something you bitter weirdo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mass Effect Andromeda literally comes out next month and there's almost zero hype for it, we know almost nothing about what it is, except you can date a cat alien thing in it and the combat has becomes a cross between Mass Effect 2 and Vanquish-Lite

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I was under the impression ME:A was more a small-feel story where you actually did help other aliens out and help colonize poo poo but if it veers into "CHOSEN ONE" bullshit and LEGACY OF YOUR DAD crap it'll be a big disappointment. I hated DA Inquisition for that reason and generally have become tired of the "YOU ARE THE ONE" formula. Witcher 3 was kind of a nice change of pace because you weren't the sacred cow, Ciri was; you're just a hunter with too many years on you and a purse that needs filling with gruntwork.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"good faith" seems like a stretch after ME3. the trailer at last E3 was pretty funny with the main character pointing a gun, going crosseyed, then the big bad lady having the gun taken away and everyone just walks away sullenly lol.

Much like Horizon: Zero Dawn, I'm pretty shaky about buying either game. Stuff like RE7, Yakuza 0, and Nioh had consistent demos, betas, dev notes, and previews (or came out already in Nippon.) Horizon Zero Dawn gives me flashbacks of another PS4 exclusive, The Order, that had little to no news on its goingons forever and flopped big.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

Fidelity may have improved but I'd still take anyone in OG Mass Effect over Female Richard Spencer and Non-Threatening Black Guy in Andromeda.

LOL that :stare: from hipster lady.

Is there an official list of teammates yet? I never really thought they surpassed ME2's cast. I thought ME3's cast sucked, give me Jack/Miranda/Thane/Moridin over the white-bread boring poo poo of Ashley/Kaiden and Vega any day of the week.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

there's 3 levels of face tech: Naughty Dog, Uncanny Valley, and Sega Dreamcast. Most games like Yakuza, Bloodborne, and Street Fighter fall into the "sega dreamcast" territory but then BioWare and NRS usually fall into "uncanny valley" where some faces look great and others not so much.

also 4th category is "mannequin central" which Todd Howard has innovated

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

Yakuza has incredible faces though? And that's not what uncanny valley means...

nobody said they didn't, I love Yakuza 0's 14 different types of cinematic cutscenes

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I only play Resident Evil 7 with my gf watching because it has become akin to a TV series for her: watching what comes next and also watching how loving shook I get peeking around corners and running from demented rednecks.

She also loves Yakuza 0 but only the wacky sidequests, mostly the Majima ones.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mak0rz posted:

I normally listen to podcasts at work but because I'm grading papers and find the chit-chat distracting I'm listening to video game music on YouTube. I dunno if I said this before or not but the Killer Instinct 2013 soundtrack is a work of art and you all should listen to it.

It's composed by Mick Gordon, same guy who did the new Wolfenstein and Doom games.

He's also going to be doing the music for Arkane's next game, Prey, which is gonna own

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fridge corn posted:

What are the best ps4 games available right now?

Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, Bloodborne, Nioh, King of Fighters 14, Uncharted 4

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fridge corn posted:

That sounds awful. Why are those games so popular?

I thought UC4 was fine but I was so tired of how uninvolved and braindead the platforming was that I was literally mashing X near the end. I still love UC2 but the fourth game just felt so loving boring towards the end. I wish somebody, literally anybody, would take the Naughty Dog engine and make something else with it instead of the plodding poo poo they're going to march out with Last Of Us 2: We Really Are The Last Of Us: Have All The Feels Because Reasons

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I caved and bought the RE7 DLCs now that they're out on PC, despite promising myself I wasn't going to until next month. Well it turns out it was a good idea because they fuckin rule. Jack's 55th Birthday and Nightmare are exactly what I wanted in terms of extra modes.

I have no idea what the 2 dlc packs are. are they just 2 expansion story missions or do they each give you a ton of little things?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CJacobs posted:

There's two volumes of DLC that have come out so far, with one additional story DLC to come (along with the free one that's coming out relatively soon):

Banned Footage Vol. 1
- Nightmare is a survival mode in the basement of the house, where you have to survive many waves of enemies (uh, and Jack) with lots of traps and weapons at your disposal. You earn scrap metal by killing enemies and running around grabbing it from machines that slowly generate more and use it to craft stuff and upgrade your guns/self. It's super fun.

- Bedroom is a side story where you're trapped in a bedroom that's basically one giant puzzle, and the goal is to solve your way out without getting caught by Marguerite who really really wants to feed you her disgusting zombie chow food. You have to be careful because she occasionally comes back to check on you and will notice if the room has changed, so you need to keep track of what you have and haven't done and learn to solve the puzzle elements quickly to make more progress each time.

- Ethan Must Die is a special randomized gamemode where you have the run of the Baker house and go around exploring every corner, breaking boxes and defeating enemies to gain enough equipment to defeat the Marguerite boss fight in the old house. The game is also set to the hardest difficulty so you die real easy.

Banned Footage Vol. 2
- 21 is a minigame where you're trapped in a room by Lucas and forced to play a game of 21 where you are betting your fingers (and your life) on each round. It's very tense. The catch is that there are only 11 cards, so there's almost no luck element involved and it's more about counting the cards and simple math to figure out what your opponent's hand is, and then using that knowledge to turn the tides. There are also special trump cards that change the game in play like removing cards or upping the bet so the stakes are higher.

- Daughters is another side story where you play as Zoe just before poo poo goes awry for the Bakers. It's pretty short, but it's an interesting little look into the Baker family before they became immortal hillbilly zombies even if that doesn't last for very long.

- Jack's 55th Birthday is another survival mode, ish, where Jack (who is wearing a party hat, clown nose, and novelty sunglasses) is hungry and you must run around several different levels collecting and combining delicious food to feed to him under a time limit. You shoot confetti from your guns and the enemies are all wearing party hats and it's very fun and silly. There's lots of stuff to unlock and lots of replayability.

Nightmare, Ethan Must Die, 21, and Jack's 55th Birthday have a lot of replay value and some goodies to unlock in addition to separate harder modes once you beat them. Overall I can say it was definitely worth the money.

those all sound really fun, I had no idea they were clusters of "alternative" modes. Thanks, I'll probably pick one or both up after I finish the main game!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Polygon was streaming Night in the Woods and got stuck on a plaforming segment, then deleted the stream lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CrashCat posted:

I wish him luck too, because holy gently caress who buys People to read about video games

it seems like cool games writers leaving their previous big site jobs and the luck they have is 50/50. The guys who made Videogamer funny, Jim Trinca and Steve Burns, left the site and haven't really done anything since then (Videogamer also went down in quality to an insane degree without them.) Danny O'Dwyer left Gamespot though and immediately created loving fantastic documentaries on DOOM and Rocket League and is rolling on to the next projects.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

I wouldn't call the DOOM documentary fantastic but the rocket league one was cool. The Doom one felt like an ad for Bethesda

I don't get this at all. There was like an hour of extra footage with just the creative director bullshitting and a lot of it was actually about the failures of the previous Doom reboot. If anything id succeeded in spite of Bethesda. If Todd Howard had a 20-minute cameo maybe it'd be different.

When I think of Bethesda Shilling I immediately remember Adam Sessler's media run for Evil Within, which was godawful.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

It wasn't completely awful but struggled to decide whether it was a real survival horror or RE4 style action horror and ended up incorporating the worst aspects of both.

it also ran at like 18fps on PS4 so gently caress that noise for deciding "nope nothing wrong, ship it, boys"

they should have pulled a reverse Resident Evil 2 and have Mikami scrap it mid-development so Hideki Kamiya could finish it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

from what I've heard, Night in the Woods is around 8 or 9 hours and is a pretty chill slice of life adventure mid20s animals game. I'll probably pick up that and RCR Underground, and wait on Horizon 0 Dawn until after I finish RE7 / get like halfway done with Nioh.

I feel like I was overleveled for mission 2 in Nioh at level 22 or so (I did the side mission beforehand) but it didn't matter, I still got surprised by loving bats like it was Castlevania for the NES and dropped into a gorge at on point. I'm kind of rushing towards Omoyo level 10 so I can eventually get Sloth Magic.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Harrow posted:

I'm getting ready to eat my words on Mass Effect Andromeda's gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3q_Nd5arZM

Am I wrong that this looks pretty okay? Nothing revolutionary, but it looks fun to play with. I remain very skeptical about whether the story will be any good, but the gameplay looks pretty all right to me.

I think it looks awesome, I'm just sad it's not going to be that super smooth 60fps on console. Easily a leap forward for the series because it's not restricted by class anymore, and the jetpack verticality owns a lot. It kind of reminds me of Destiny crossed with Binary Domain. I'm genuinely looking forward to any multiplayer options with Andromeda.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hope they do with Dragon Age what they're doing with Mass Effect. Modernizing the loving awful, janky combat from Inquisition into something that's smoother and flashier would go a long, long way.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cyberpunk brutality simulator RUINER has finally committed to a soft release window this summer, and it's coming to PC AND consoles. I'm beyond excited for this game, which is like Hotline Miami Tactics.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/23/ruiner-walk-the-darkest-alleyways-of-2091-in-upcoming-ps4-shooter/

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Harrow posted:

Horizon's going to have to be mindblowing to beat Nioh. Not saying that's impossible, mind you.

there are tons of people who don't give a poo poo about Dark Souls or any of its progenitors so it's not that mindblowing that H:ZD would take that designation.

I'd probably just pick Nioh anyway since I'm enjoying it so far but have played RE7 and Yakuza 0 more this month. I only play Nioh in short bursts i.e. stopping every 2 or 3 shrine checkpoints or so but I'm probably ahead of the curve. The level design is definitely not as creative as From Software games.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

Far Cry 5? With dinosaurs? Good sir I rate this game five golden man babies out of five!!!!'n

why are you so upset over this

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

One of my favorite kinds of game endings are ones that take you back to your starting area only with the knowledge and experience you've gained over the course of the game it's a radically different experience.

One of my least favorite kind of game endings are ones that are not only points of no return but actively erase all of your progress with no warning or way of accessing an old save game.

Completely unrelated to those two statements, I don't know how I feel about the ending of The Witness.

one of the shmup games, Gradius or R-Type, has a game in the series with an alternate ending exactly like that. You go back in time to the first level with your souped up megaship and wreck the alien forces before they lay waste to the planet

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fire Pro is coming back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8alwL79BhuU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

I haven't played it but everything about the game's aesthetic seems to be laser-targeted to the kind of people who use the term "adulting" unironically so I'm not surprised to see so much fanart of it in such a short amount of time. That and it seems like the perfect style to cram your OC/fursona into with minimal effort.

lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

River City Ransom Underground is going to drop Early Evening EST!!!!

was wondering when it was dropping, I waited to 12am like an idiot last night and hasn't appeared yet.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

god drat where is RCR Underground!!!!!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In RCR Underground I had two checkpoints, one for the arcade and another for the pink wrestler, going to both locations didnt do jack poo poo. I feel like this game is loving busted to poo poo. Can't even bring up the world map without mashing a button like 20 times.

Also having like 25 enemies onscreen in multiplayer killing us over and over when we have no money to start seems kind of hosed? It's been nothing but loving frustrating and I feel like just refunding this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

presuming I do the Target B2G1 sale, what should be the free game if I get Horizon Zero Dawn and Nier Automata. I don't have a Switch so maybe I should just pick up Wildlands and then sell it away or something.

I'd say Zelda but if it runs like dogshit on the WiiU there's no way I want it. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Locked thread