Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I still remember our glorious rivalry with FARK.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

5 really does need a remake, it never has been released in English officially and is also the worst Ys game going.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You have to hit them from the side, back or where they obviously don't have a weapon. You also need to hit them with Adol's weapon having side.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish I hadn't

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that sounds more like a Dante Must Die bonus mode, but Taro gotta troll. Beating it probably gives you one bronze trophy or something.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yoko Taro games are serious but often don't take themselves seriously.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fridge corn posted:

So it's okay that a game features tasteless near-nudity that is completely irrelevant to the narrative or gameplay because it's not taking itself seriously?

It's okay any time really

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

What I want to see is an end to female action stars wearing high heels and running, that stuff is just crazy!

There should be a bit where they power up by taking their heels (limiters) off

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fridge corn posted:

Why am I the only one willing to discuss the elephant in the room?

I really wish you hadn't figured out this was the best way to get attention

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That would make Witcher 3 better

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can only do that on easy automatic mode

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

Closer on the spectrum of respectability: making women a literal collectible

Hey that was only the first Witcher....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That was Witcher 1. Witcher 3's nudity takes place mainly in the context of loving long-term relationships which are central to the characters, hope that helps

Lies I totally screwed that witch lady near the start of the game and then killed her :smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cowcaster posted:

the other thing i'm actually reminded of now is the EDI sexbot from mass effect 3. im so sick of all these dolled up anime fuckbots

Fine, more for me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah it's gonna be naked Mads all the way

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

Isn't it strongly implied to be like an 11 year old girl remotely piloting a drone or something?

Guess someone played the most recent Phoenix Wright

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sigh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I would if there were any I enjoyed playing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cowcaster posted:

i ruined the chat thread

Nah this just normal

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bark At The Moon was a pretty great end to GH1 too but yeah Freebird owns.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

I missed getting the 5 star rating by 3800 points and I am upset because it would have taken like literally 10 more notes to get there. gently caress this goddamn song why didn't they just cover Dick Dale's version instead of making their own weird version

It's been around long before the Dick Dale version and there's a bunch of different ones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misirlou?wprov=sfsi1

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

I used to think guitar hero/rock band expert was hard until I tried playing Miku games on expert. Good god! It feels like they didn't even bother balancing for home hardware with all the crazy rear end triple tapping and crap

GH games are mechanically hard for me because of the non-standard controller but yeah they're nothing compared to the amount of poo poo most Japanese rhythm games throw at you on the harder stages.

CJacobs posted:

The GH2 version says "as made famous by Dick Dale", his is the version they mangled

That's what all the songs they couldn't get the rights to the original version and had to do their own say.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 25, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah yeah, sorry it's early

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You could... ask here?

:unsmigghh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's more of an old school sound novel (mostly just text and sound effects/music) but Banshee's Last Cry is pretty good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Palpek posted:

Telltale games starting with Walking Dead.

Play the Walking Dead season 1 and Tales From Borderlands then NO MORE

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

VideoGames posted:

I am playing Dead Island as part of FPSbruary and I am having a really awesome time with it. It's on PS4 so I don't know it's that affects it.

How far in are you? I was enjoying it in a janky sort of way until I got to the second main area. :/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did they officially cancel Dead Island 2 yet or did it just disappear?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Terry van Feleday posted:

Yo, brief Dark Souls question--

I bought Dark Souls 2 back when it came out and am only now getting to actually play it (my old PC couldn't run it...). My understanding is that the Scholar of the First Sin expansion rebalances the main game in addition to whatever new content it adds. Basically, is it worth upgrading to that one for my first playthrough? I'm not even sure I'll enjoy the game right now, even though I got super into the first one...

You'll probably need Scholar if you're planning on doing any multiplayer stuff since the majority of the community will have moved onto that, though there's likely not huge amounts of people still playing it anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah Soul Reaver has one of the best intros ever. And the game is pretty decent too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's on GOG for pretty cheap but it was before standardised third person controls on PC so they're a bit all over the place.
Also those podcast guys suck

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

Maybe you guys should replay it with adult fingers and thumbs

I was technically an adult when it first came out

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

Soul Reaver was neat, i remember thinking it was kind of like an Evil Zelda game.

I also seem to remember that right after i got a bunch of skills and seemed ready to unlock a whole bunch more game the game instead just ended.

There's a bit just before the end boss where you see a bunch of visions of the future, all that stuff was originally actually going to be in the game instead of shoehorned into sequels but got cut because it was already a year or more behind schedule.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not out for another three days

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Honestly my biggest worry with BotW is that someone making it thought 'ah yes, weapon degradation is a fun and exciting mechanic and not something that is 100% awful every time'.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Horizon thread is mostly people who haven't played it saying that it's the worst game ever so it's just par for the course really.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't really like MM but I get why others do

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

For a second I was worried it was a sequel to the lovely 360 game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe it'll actually be playable with two analogue sticks.

• Locked thread