Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

infernal machines posted:

it was definitely a terminal pos

dsyp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Management posted:

we were able to engineer a slimmer notch by not including the whole 3D face detection biometric sensor

good to hear he lost weight, i was worried after he sold to microsoft and it seemed like everyone hated him.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i'm the dual sims.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i'm glad it's now expected that your screen will explode into a million pieces if anything so much as taps the side of your phone

move more product that way.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

i can't give you a tab unless you order something

biff would definitely have a blu

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Crazy Achmed posted:

Can't you just buy a cheap feature phone like they did on The Wire?

can't get tindr on those

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Blue Train posted:

Lots of the chinese oem skins rip off ios but lol at the contacts having two different icons

https://twitter.com/WhatTheBit/status/978632516927217665

:bisonyes:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

they are still arguing over how much ram a phone has and saying if it's not 4 gb they will be returning

is it the right kind of ram though?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

President Beep posted:

oh, and this too:

:yossame:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

if you complain the awful.apk devs will def try and fix it. it's one of the actual best parts of the android experience somehow

yes, the awful.apk thread is monitored by the devs and they'll respond to feedback there.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

aynrandroid

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

samsung makes you buy an app to remove the garbage preinstalled software

lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao if you've ever bought a sarnsung product other than a television

and also if you've bought a samsung television

quad lol if you bought a samsung car.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Perplx posted:

just when you thought android couldn't suck any harder, it sends your dick pics to your mom

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/7/2/17528076/samsung-phones-text-rcs-update-messages

bixby? more like dixby! :v:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Management posted:

install powershell on android

no don't

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Management posted:

never connect your tv to the internet

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

President Beep posted:

in the future, all communications devices are taco phones.

pizza phones in europe

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

more like app whore lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shaggar posted:

they used to come with spyware installed, but idk if it was Chinese or if its still happening.

i'm going with yes to the first and probably to the second.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

graph posted:

what the gently caress is with dweebs and insisting on continuing to use this term

nate dogg said he was going to rock it until the wheels fell off.:colbert:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

virtueapple signaling

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sniep posted:

it was a known fact that nate dogg had moves but warren g was a little punk rear end bitch needing help over and over again in that song

true, nate did find the girls and kill all the dudes sticking warren up so he was definitely mvp that night.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Management posted:

fun fact: asus (ASUSTEK) has a sister company that was spun off from it, that does contract manufacturing of electronics. its name is pegatron.

peg-asus.

peg a sus? text me please.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

ive never seen the fifth panel before :prepop:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bbm

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

graph posted:

no screens in the bedroom

advice winston smith wished he'd taken.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

to be fair a prerelease iPhone got left in a bar shitter several years ago so the isn't exactly limited to anroid.

but yeah at this point goog may as well post the blueprints and bill of materials to reddit.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

android 9 has a "gesture mode" you can enable instead of the traditional 3 soft buttons that usually sit on the black bar down there. it doesn't make the black bar area any smaller and the gestures are crap

i press the soft keys with my middle finger anyway.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

software as a service

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Blue Train posted:

I wondered this as well and it is apparently sundar except smugndar and now my question is who the gently caress was dumb enough to both come up with that and think it was worth thirty dollars or whatever

with the forum's finances in the shitter a number of people have chosen to buy custom smilies, avatars, etc at a somewhat higher rate than previously.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LastInLine posted:

there was a goon who made one of these picture viewers in androids early days but they werent a native english speaker and called the app "beaver browser" without knowing what beaver was slang for. it was up on the market for years before they were informed as to the double entendre and they renamed the app and now idk what its called

i alwqys found it appropriate that ofc the first goon app was a hidden picture vault

frost is the current name of that one.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Management posted:

a Saint Bernard

SHOTS FIRED

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

angry_keebler posted:

no one should buy any android device if they are concerned with privacy or security

but pretending huawei is somehow worse than sarnsung is laughable. the big concern is, what if huawei's device encryption eventually actually works? we have direct sweetheart deals with the koreans to compel sarnsung's cooperation, and if apple talks a good privacy game, they are still an american company and can be compelled by secret order to cooperate

but when jim from the office and detective moreland breathlessly shout about a ticking clock terror plot the guy on the other end of the phone from huawei will say "嗯...太可惜了" before the camera whip pans to reveal the huawei customer support office is actually in a dingy warehouse filled with chinese terrorists packing machineguns into wood crates stamped with "B A B Y T O Y B E S T N U M B E R O N E S H I P T O U.S.A."

i feel like you're getting a little off brand here.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

anthonypants posted:

that's a lomarf if ever i heard one
i had a nexus one that worked fine for several years, it was just really slow and stopped getting updates. google play services was the least reliable thing about it.

i am the nexus one
i want updates fucker, i ain't done

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

kinda surprised they didn't just go with hands just displayed on the screen for that.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

nah the idea is that it functions as a normal watch until you want android stuff so it lasts a lot longer

the battery probably will but i won't bet on the rest of it!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mr. hands watch

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

said no one, ever

it's unironically good to see you around dude.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

i once had a student who asked me for help with his solidworks model and i literally couldn't see what was happening on his laptop screen through the grime. there were sprays of brown god-knows-what all over the glass, like he'd been driving it through the mud, and grunge caked on so hard you could see it was three-dimensional. i got him a bottle of windex and some paper towels and told him to clean it off before I could help. that may have been humiliating for him but jesus christ dude have some pride

dude you know what those stains were.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

this happened to me a couple of times with an older goophone and i thought i was losing my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

you made the conscious decision to buy an android soooo

2011 was a long time ago. :corsair: