Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
the store i work in is running some sorta point collecting card promos and the andoird tablet they provided the hostess with is so incredibly bad that it keeps crashing when people try to register

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

sb hermit posted:

Youtube is very anti customer, though. Ads everywhere,

was listening to a song at work and it served me a 55 minutes long ad before it

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Sagebrush posted:

iMessage is American exceptionalism, as usual. The USA is the only place where Apple products are noticeably common and their ecosystem has some traction. Everyone else on the planet uses WhatsApp.

indeed. i've never seen a blue bubble in my life

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

sb hermit posted:

I think the best that would happen is if there was some sort of streaming service so that the code didn't have to sit on the actual android device.

Like a service that RockStar could use, where they just have to do the back end that runs on a server, and the front end client could be developed by Google, so that only Google has to worry about API changes. And RockStar would be encouraged to maintain the backend because they get a cut of a subscription service that Google would sell to consumers in a Netflix-like all-you-can-eat service.

stadia for apps????

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

isnt this literally longer than androind has existed

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

The Management posted:

seriously why would you buy an Android on contract when you could buy a refurb iphone? the iPhone will be supported longer

because a refurb iphone is ten times the price of a monthly installment of an android phone on contract

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

mobby_6kl posted:

Also because the iphone is garbage as well.

It's cool and good to dunk on google for being a bunch of incompetent morons but I've had an iphone before and it was even more frustrating to use.

you're not gonna become the new shaggar.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

mediaphage posted:

this reminds me when my spouse was in grad school he and one of his friends went to check out the new iphones and like one of her questions to the apple store dude was how to access the terminal and he just did not know what to do with her

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

dendroid.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

coke posted:

not really, for ios 15.4.1 and below you can install dopamine for a15 and lower cpus and then do an unthered jailbreak through sideloading the gta car tracker app and get the trollstore working

also remember to save all of the the shsh blobs so you can do mitm replay attack when you want to reinstall older version of ios even if you are not upgrading

???????????

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Clark Nova posted:

everyone decided video calls were dumb as poo poo almost immediately after they became feasible but now the kids and the olds are walking around in public with their phones held out in front of them :psyduck:

you'd be surprised as to what people decided about "selfies"

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Branch Nvidian posted:

despite still having a facebook account, i generally want to avoid most of meta's products, and as such would rather use something other than whatsapp

telegram

Dans Macabre posted:

that’s what I do, and would be even better if WhatsApp didn’t require a phone number.

telegram

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
<american voice> a savory bread. fascinating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i've used android forever (...) i'm pretty sure i don't have enough lifeforce left

hmmm. wonder if these two might be connected