Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

That's going to be a problem because last time I checked Fulton is not a dry county.

ha cha chachacha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

Junior Seau is an example of somebody who's done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more.

:thurman:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

edit: wrong thread but gently caress it it should be posted here too lol

"My Limes!"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

It's really not. They can't resign him next year without cutting Brady, they can't trade him next year and get much of any value, so the sole reason not to try and trade him was if you were ready to cut/trade Brady at the end of next year (I think it's basically impossible to cut him due to the dead money hit this year). And while yeah, Brady's old, he doesn't have anything like the neck problem Manning had. He's in excellent heath so you don't really know when he's going to decline.

If Jimmy G had 2-3 years left on his rookie contract you'd be right, but he doesn't. They can't just keep him around to replace Brady in the next few years. Their options are:

(a) Plan to cut Brady at the end of next year, sign Jimmy G to a long-term contract or have him play on the franchise tag to see if he's really worth keeping
(b) Keep Jimmy G around next year and let him walk if Brady is still good, collecting a 3rd round comp pick (or getting something along those lines for trading him to another team that can use the franchise tag on him to exclusively negotiate).
(c) Trade Jimmy G now, bank the pick, hope Brisset is good (and he's still got a few years to evaluate him while waiting for Brady to decline), and probably draft another late-round flier to up the odds.

You can't really keep Jimmy G after next year AND Brady because Jimmy G is going to get paid and he's not going to stick around on a below-market salary before he gets his first big payday. Brady is already taking as little money as you can get him to take, and they can't afford both. There's some muttering that maybe Jimmy G would accept a below-market deal in exchange for a guarantee he'll be the starter but I can't imagine why he would do that: this is his big chance to be set for life, and he's going to get every last dollar now and then maybe start cutting deals once he's gotten his payday.

No matter what, it's a gamble. But it's probably why the Patriots are insisting on a first-round pick: a first-round pick is worth taking the risk next year is Brady's last good year, but a second round pick probably isn't.

And just why the hell can't you pay Jimmy G back-up numbers?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dubious posted:

the seahawks signing blair walsh pleases me

And maybe it continue to please you.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DNS posted:

Every time you post this you look like the football version of the TimeCube guy.

More like the Dumbassahedratron.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bad Moon posted:

We're all going to have to testify when Haurbaugh's body turns up.

:pray:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

GaussianCopula posted:

How do you feel about the openly right NFL players and owners?

The argument "they support my personal views, that's good." is really weak.

People with deep knowledge of the topic they are talking about. That's probably unrealistic today, but that's my view. But it's not about having an opinion but about broadcasting it to a huge following. If an NFL player made an (anonymous) account on some message board to discuss politics, that would be ok.

So really... loving anyone, then? At what point in the rapid dismissal of a person because of their job do you actually gauge their knowledge of the topic at hand?

How do you feel about George Clooney's viewpoints and advocacy re: African genocide? Do you believe he's not well versed and knowledgeable about the topic?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 14, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shangri-Law School posted:

The NFL needs to get its streaming poo poo together. I can't believe that baseball is so good at it while football is so bad.

Easy.

The NFL is so popular it's trying to monetize everything, including game highlights.

The MLB is trying so desperately to attract an audience that they're basically paying people to sit in the stadiums in most cities.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

It goes well beyond this. Back in 2000, the MLB created Baseball Advanced Media (BAM), which is basically an internal tech startup that was originally intended to build all the team websites and manage online ticket sales after they got screwed by a consulting firm that was supposed to build the MLB websites and did a poo poo job. This same group built the MLB video player, which actually turned out to be the best streaming video platform in the industry. It's so good that it's been licensed by HBO for things like season premieres of Game of Thrones and spun off into its own separate company (BAMTech), which got a $1Bn buy-in from Disney.

Basically the MLB built their own in-house tech group back in 2000 and inadvertently ended up building the industry's best platform for streaming live video, so they had/have a massive financial incentive to push and improve their digital offerings.

That kind of owns, actually.

Baseball still sucks though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bad Moon posted:

Maybe you are the one who sucks Chillichimp!

Slushies rule, fight me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

SHOAH NUFF posted:

How are you unconscious for 10 minutes after being laid out

You get decked real hard

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, we need to see that video.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

you remind me of somebody I know

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOffice pats fan?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerome Agricola posted:

E: Better get started on a gently caress a falcon sign

I better get started on a gently caress Jerome Agricola sign. :colbert:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

And Chicago already gave up on the season by refusing to make any changes in the coaching staff that had the 2nd worst record in a century of play, as well as presumably getting rid of their starters at the two most important positions on offense with no plan besides trotting out matt '200 turnovers in a game' barkley

edit: post above shows kind of what i'm thinking. without jeffrey or cutler bears are going to have like 80m in cap space so osweiler wouldn't hurt them

How dare you whitewash his 400 turnover game.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
otoh... punish the Pats for this.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chromatic posted:

Could anyone tell me why the bears offense looked so great under marc trestman for one year(2013) then dropped off quicker than dabbing? FFS even josh mccown looked like a pro bowler under that offense.

was it just a situation not unlike chip kelly where the offense was figured out and failed to adjust?

Edit: looking at pff and man that offense was stacked. cutler, prime forte, prime marshall, good alshon jeffery, and bennett.

It really had a lot going for it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Tom's making a bunch of dad jokes while getting to the bottom of this case. Also yes, Pokemon is dad jokes now.

I don't see any pokemon...

That think in the top left is Swiper from Dora the Explora.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

I googled the anime guy on the bottom left and confirmed he's from Pokemon.

It's a good reminder that no matter your station in life, you will sit down with your kids and watch Pokemon and Air Bud movies.

Nice.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Eli Wiggum posted:

Henry Winkler owned in Clifford: Puppy Days

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hello Glennon my old friend

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

nerve posted:

Is Shady leaving Buffalo?

:pray:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

TFF has been so good to me. Thanks for everything guys.

FizFashizzle posted:

Are you leaving?

Ehud posted:

oh no sorry I was just closing out of my awful app while I ordered my lunch

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Blount is going to leave New England and the Patriots will turn Eddie Lacey into his clone

2x Superbowl champion Leggarette Blount has earned his retirement at this point.

• Locked thread