Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chrono Trigger is overrated as fuuuuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

If you loved the Lunar series you're probably kind of a sissy.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sardonik posted:

Molyneux' Black and White could have been pretty drat good without the bullshit influence radius stuff.

X's don't work like that, SIR.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Every game should have an option to unlock all content immediately.

I remember explaining to my dad you needed a code to unlock a secret bike in Road Rash 2 and him legitimately getting mad you wouldn't get the full experience if you didn't know about that.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dead by Daylight is the most fun I've had playing a game in like 10 years, it loving owns.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

There's 3 games for Genesis that are loving awesome I never hear anyone mention.

Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse

Fun platformer, amazing music, excellent and imaginative level design. Seriously this would be a great game to play with young kids

Quackshot starring Donald Duck

More strategy, open ended so you can play the levels in what order you want then figure out how to proceed. Great cast of Disney characters, challenging but fun.

Decap Attack starring Chuck D Head

The weirdest of the 3, but extremely innovative and fun with great powerups to collect and unique gameplay. It has a load of charm.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Molothecat posted:

My opinion is also this. These three games were a large portion of my childhood video game time and why I maintain sega was the superior console. The lows were low but the highs were higher.

Decap Attack was so out there it never would've been made by nintendo.

:hfive: same my friend!

Sometimes pictures speak louder than words,

Seriously if you have kids these are quality poo poo, and they hold up well as platformers if you still play Mega Man or the like.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I had a neighbour that stopped going to school for like 2 weeks because he was so addicted to Starfox, I never got the appeal either.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This reminds me of Colony Wars, I wonder how those games held up.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Rutibex posted:

it is taking a long time to record all of the protagonists voice acting for each race/gender combination

Anyone else have a mind gently caress when goddamn Kristy Wroth was suddenly in your videogame?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

JRPGs are great when you're a kid with unlimited free time and patience and limited money and games, but nowadays they seem like such a slog.

Just download the box art for them all, it satisfies ~30% of the nostalgia in bite sized form.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Final Fantasy Adventure > Link's Awakening DS, and it's not all that close.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Barudak posted:

Im not going to listen to your opinion until you explain how the gently caress you solved the figure 8 in the desert without a strategy guide?

Not easily but a friend and I finally figured it out.

I remember being stuck on some stupid part in Awakening even longer.

e: Actually I think it was his older brother, he didn't play games but would help us figure poo poo out if we bugged him.

Possibly why he now works at Google and I post about game boy.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 6, 2018

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Uh guys, I'm sorry but AC means Armored Core, a cool and good series.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Barudak posted:

The best mario game is 6 Golden Coins

But seriously marios power up system outside the ones where mario gets health is bad and archaic and sunshine and odyssey only control ok because they allow you to not have to earn a powerup to escape from being saddled with marios default moveset.

6 golden coins is pretty goddamn good, I'd put it just behind 3 and world.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Kagero: Deception 2 is the best game on the playstation.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Never heard of it but I'll give it a whirl.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I was joking, it's terrible. Probably one of the worst PS1 games.

Wait...you were taking a shot at Kagero: Deception 2?

Shirt off motherfucker, let's go!

Seriously though, murdering people in that game is so satisfying, eat my rear end McLord and Barbalos!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

If also highly recommend Rising Zan: Samurai Gunman.

Just lol if you can't belt out the theme song.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

River City Ransom, aside from being a top tier game, has one of the best soundtracks on the NES.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Why would your response be gently caress it if it's fun though? Who gives a poo poo where it was developed?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Imagine actually playing one of the hot stinking trash mobile offerings over pirating an actual game from the wealth of titles NES, Snes, Genesis, GBA etc have to offer.

Oh jeez, gotta take 12 hours off again unless I open my wallet!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Replacing one kind of trash with another isn't that much of an improvement.

Never had a girlfriend that plays mobile?

The rabbit hole is deep, friend.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Telling somebody who is hooked on behavioral microtransaction machines to replace them with NES games is like telling a crack addict that they could easily switch their habit to knitting. It makes no sense

Lol yeah, blowing actual money, sometimes insane amounts, on lovely mobile games is the same as getting addicted to beating an nes level/game.

Also are save states a foreign concept to you? If you're frustrated, guess what, you have control, for free!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

I guess you have a reading comprehension issue?

I guess you have a straight up comprehension issue if you can't understand the difference between free and not free, control and no control.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Considering a bunch of mobile games are straight rips of previously released puzzle games for those platforms, I don't see how that would be the case.

Score the winning dunk on the next post I won't read, you're being willfully obtuse.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Because other people are terrible and I like playing by myself?

If you don't put question marks at the end of statements, you won't sound like a dipshit valley girl. :coffeepal:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mechwarrior 3 was the best multiplayer game ever on THE ZONE.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

poverty goat posted:

Youtube is the worst loving thing to ever happen to games. Years ago if you were stuck on a puzzle you'd google it and find a gamefaq or someone asking for help on a forum that you could ctrl-f and find exactly what you needed in 15 seconds. Now you have to go to youtube and skip through a 10 minute gameplay video to find the 5 relevant seconds in a wasteland of some self-serious retard talking to himself to fill dead air

I can't even imagine what kind of broken person would actually sit there at a computer and watch another person play the game for them for 10+ minutes when they could be playing the game themselves, but I'll save the twitch rant for another day

I've watched some let's plays of RPGs I'm interested in but don't have the time for, you can do other poo poo like cleaning or dishes.

The key is more than one interesting host, so it's conversation mixed in but it's still pretty shameful.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

food court bailiff posted:

just lol if you read books yourselves rather than watching people read them on twitch so you can give strangers money to feel less lonely

It tells me that goose stepping morons like yourself should spend more time reading books than burning them!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

When I put on a VR headset all I can think of is how much fun I'd be having if I were playing screen-framed videogames instead.

That's probably true about literally all other activities in your life tho.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I feel like I've gone 10+ years without running across the word "rote" and I've seen it on this site twice in 10 minutes.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Try reading material beyond tweets, headlines, and billboards

I'm confident I've read more books in the past year than you have in 5, so this isn't the sick burn you imagined.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I remember in Mega Man Legends... 2? I think? there's a quiz part and one of the answers is Hungry Like the Wolf and I've never felt more taken out of a game.

Mega Man and Roll, lighting a spliff and listening to some Duran Duran.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

So I got the Sega classics for psp, and decided to give Phantasy star 4 a whirl.

It's fun as gently caress, I'm trying to avoid a walkthrough until I get stuck but apparently missed grabbing a healstick from some guy before he left the party, is there anything else neat I should know about?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Thanks for breaking it down

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Zelda games have always been open world, since Zelda 1. thats the whole point

Alttp basically has you on rails for a good portion of it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

press1
/pres/Submit
verb
move or cause to move into a position of contact with something by exerting continuous physical force.
"he pressed his face to the glass"

Nowhere does it say anything about releasing it, guy is spewing bullshit.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hey that kid has his face half pressed on the glass!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

People understand the distinction between holding the button and pressing and releasing it, but calling it a half press is still wrong.