Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Oh boy, I'm getting in on the ground floor of VOLUME III!

Rocks posted:

Thank god I hate nite crew/ day crew inside joke stuff

Would you consider Nite Crew culture to be a cancer that will kill the forum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

I hope Milo gets actual help and comes to terms with how much he's hosed everything up. otoh he's going to be a pebble in the avalanche that eventually brings down Trump, so that's pretty cool.
He is almost certainly not that.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I posted a lot?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

just ate 12 eggs, soon i'll pound a pre-workout, then I'll go pump some iron then come back and get tipsy on sherry

life man

who the gently caress knows

You're like that one Animal Crossing villager who always talks about working out except you're a human and you're not a video game character!!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

I never played animal crossing but that villager sounds pretty cool!

actually he was my favorite :3:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Anyone see the episode of The Americans where their kid walks in on them while they're 69ing? Seems pertinent to this thread.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Turdfuzz posted:

what kind o weirdo donest like to 69 publically

betting Donald doesn't

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Irony.or.Death posted:

do you remember any favorites

I looked at mine and they were all surprisingly muted considering how god drat depressed I was (and still am!). I think I always knew the Trumpenreich was a possibility in the back of my mind.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Grem posted:

if you are super rich I don't think you ever have to eat pussy ever. Also suck dick if you're a rich lady.

pfft, "man of the people"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

BeOSPOS posted:

Yospos theme is perfect for shutin colorblind nerds who lay with their computer in a biblical sense

why are so many nerds colorblind? I don't think I've ever met anyone who's colorblind in real life and yet every other person online is colorblind

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Did we ever find out how the polar bear got on the island in Trump Thread Volume 2, or was the plot thread dropped? And were they in limbo the whole time?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

BONGHITZ posted:

why did you close the old thread? it was long
old thread was the andrew garfield of trump threads. this is the tom holland trump thread cinematic universe now

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

According to my calculations the next page is a Nazi!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

13 is lucky today. Check the date goons

For being such a master of social media and "trolling", he's been really boring and low energy today.

Edit: actually, he's always loving boring. just more so today.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I still wonder about how the Republicans would've reacted to a Democrat who fathered five kids with three women, much more a black Democrat who did that.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Or actually, can you imagine a race where the Democrat was a woman who mothered five kids with three dudes? How many synonyms for "slut" would we hear in the first loving week? The different standards are just astounding if you stop and think about them.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

every new thread I like to briefly believe I have reached a new timelien too where trump isnt president

When I wake up every day, there's a few seconds where I forget who's president.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fojar38 posted:

what happens if they fight each other

what happens if they kiss each other

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

baw posted:

eating animals is wrong

:yeah:

that's some valuable input, julian!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Serf posted:

last night a friend pointed out to me that the only downside to milo yianopolodus getting the boot is that to conservatives it confirms their belief that lgbt people are pedophiles

I was going to say one gay guy being a pedophile doesn't prove anything but then I realized we're talking about CPAC attendees in the year 2017 and it absolutely does.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Holy poo poo, I want one of those for my cats. That's the best thing I've seen in 2017.

My cat that I found in a car engine knows how to turn on our sink, and frequently takes showers in it. It's really gross and cute.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

New North Carolina Republic just doesn't have the same ring to it :ca:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Ukranian oligarch who potentially has dirt on Manafort/Donny's buddies (Rachel Maddow discussed this last night) is being extradited.

Chicago Tribune posted:

An Austrian court on Tuesday approved a U.S. extradition request for a Ukrainian oligarch suspected of paying millions of dollars in bribes to Indian officials.

The court decision overturns a lower court ruling nearly two years ago against extraditing Dymitro Firtash. The judge then said that the U.S. move was at least partially politically motivated through links to political events in Ukraine, and not supported by sufficient evidence.

Extradition, however, is still not a certainty. Leo Levnaic-Iwanski, who headed the three-judge panel of the Upper State Court, said the final decision will be made by Justice Minister Wolfgang Brandstetter.

Firtash was indicted in Chicago by a U.S. grand jury in 2012 for allegedly paying off officials through U.S. banks in a failed attempt to secure titanium mining rights in India worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

News reports tie him to business dealings with lobbyist Paul Manafort, an adviser to Donald Trump during his U.S. presidential election campaign. Manafort also advised Yanukovych during a re-election bid.

(continued in the actual link)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Louisgod posted:

is this good or bad, I figure if he's extradited to the USA then Trump et al will snub him.

Everything is extremely bad, tovarisch. I guess what's interesting is Sessions is actually (seemingly) pursuing him, which was an open question last night. I don't know if anything will come of this but it's yet another shady guy with Russian connections who just so happens to be one or two degrees from (illegitimate) President Peepeeman.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

my cat recently discovered that other cats exist outside and now he spends half the day staring out the window and growling . the revelation that there are other felines completely shattered his perception of the world

I kind of feel bad for my cats that they don't go outside but see neighbor cats who do, but literally no reputable veterinarian suggests letting them outdoors unattended for a ton of reasons.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Addamere posted:

i want to find that colbert skit where he is mocking some reporter covering the lead up to a debate during the primaries who was like you know we have another podium here tonight in case biden gets on air force 2 and decides to show up and colbert was all like oh yeah well we have one here set up for him too in case he wants to get on air force 2 and skydive down into the studio

diamond joe did neither, and we are all made lesser for it :(

"If I'm going down, I'm taking all you motherfuckers with me." --- The chilling last words of Beau Biden

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

euphronius posted:

Cat chat

This is the beginning of the end

I'm not sure if you heard this or not, but the rumor on the street is that former The Celebrity Apprentice host and current WWE Hall of Famer, Peepee-man McGee, is our president. We're long past the "beginning of the end".

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i used to live in a second-floor apartment with a balcony, which was the best because my cat got to go outside but without all the diseases and cars and fights and killing songbirds.

Yup, ignoring the stuff that can happen to them (and I live on a busy street so I'm sure they'd get crushed), they are loving terrible for the local environment.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

A strange and shameful part of me likes Spicey on some weird level.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The ACA never delivering on Death Panels really was a blow to the "lust for death" constituency of the Democrats.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

"If you can answer any of that I'll sit down and shut up like Elizabeth Warren."
holy poo poo

It's really encouraging to see people this angry at the right people for once, but where in the gently caress was this energy and passion on November 8th, 2016? Did people not realize how bad things were about to get if they didn't vote?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

i told them

i told the obama administration

id work on a death panel for free
Typical big government bureaucracy turning down SIMPLE COMMON SENSE SOLUTIONS.

Yinlock posted:

they realized, but they figured everyone else also realized so hillary would win therefore i don't have to vote/can just write-in dickbutt

turns out numbers don't work like that!!!
It's so depressing. I read that if "didn't vote" was a candidate, the concept of not voting would've won just about every state. How hosed up is that? Australia and Mexico's mandatory voting laws are a good idea, in my opinion.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No, they didn't. They've had 8 years of a fairly competent if slightly hamstrung fed gov that was neoliberal but at least not actively trying to gently caress them in the rear end.

Now we have president Donald Trump because the dems ran a real bad and uninspiring candidate who thought she had it in the bag.
People have no idea what government is, what it does, or how it functions. I keep saying this but I'll say it again. This ignorance isn't because they are dumb or bad people. It's the confluence of an 1) education system that teaches for tests 2) a culture that downplays the importance of participation in society and democracy 3) a media seeking profit above everything else (butter emails are more profitable than real reporting).

triple sulk posted:

but

her

emails
Is there a vegan alternative to butter emails?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

Peop;e really thought that the norms of a functioning society were stable regardless of who was president. Trump rapidly disillusioned them of that.
That's an interesting factor too. Many people have spent decades of their lives assuming this. It's the root of the "both sides are the same" fallacy. In a morbid way, it's good that Donald has shown people how delicate democracy is... it's just not good that he might cause catastrophic damage in the process.

Gringostar posted:

emails dude

that and lots of people thought that she would coast into the WH so didn't show up because someone else would

or they literally couldn't vote because of voter suppression

That too. That's the fourth pillar of the "gently caress democracy" strategy of the right.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

eonwe posted:

she could have had a real jobs plan. how easy would it have been to say something like

coal isnt coming back and I know that is hard to hear. what we will do is create a jobs and infrastructure plan. we want your kids to have a bright future and we want to give you the opportunity to help build that future

done.

I mean, she did say poo poo like this. So did Sanders. It's hard to compete with "bing bing bong bong" though. In all seriousness, maybe they should've "bing bing bong bonged" too.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gringostar posted:

instead it was "read my website"

That was one (very bad) instance. There were plenty of times Clinton and Sanders gave very good answers to questions like that. The media chose to cover an empty Donald podium instead.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

doesn't ron paul hate his kid now
Oh no, Rand! :ohdear:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gringostar posted:

it's almost like the media cares more about ratings than facts
there's no way the democracy can overcome donald, or future nazi-donalds if we continue to encourage this kind of media production.

oh thank god, that act of senseless vandalism has been dealt with!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

they all moved on to Trunp

~consistent ideology~

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Woof Blitzer posted:

What people want to hear isn't always what's best for them so sometimes you have to lie
I do think the left could benefit a lot by adopting Donald's tactics (just without the rampant hate on marginalized groups).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

fits my needs posted:

Yeah Hillary should've just fuckin lied to these retards instead of trying to tell em they're hosed lol
The lie could've been the best of both worlds. "Coal's not coming back, but my solutions will make your regions more powerful than they've ever been before. *ahem* bing bing bong bong"

• Locked thread