Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

You can't fool me, libtards. I am a conservative GOD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Nichael posted:

"If you can answer any of that I'll sit down and shut up like Elizabeth Warren."
holy poo poo

It's really encouraging to see people this angry at the right people for once, but where in the gently caress was this energy and passion on November 8th, 2016? Did people not realize how bad things were about to get if they didn't vote?

ahem, emails and spirit cooking.

But really, no they didn't. And now the AARP is mobilizing them with actual facts about their healthcare and prescription drug coverage disappearing, and everybody is freaking out.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

EXTREME VETTING

http://www.dailyxtra.com/canada/news-and-ideas/news/us-customs-block-canadian-man-reading-scruff-profile-215531

Canadian man's SCRUFF profile gets him denied entry to US.

quote:

When he went through secondary inspection at Vancouver airport, US Customs officers didn’t even need to ask for his passwords — they were saved in their own system. But André had wiped his phone of sex apps, browser history and messages, thinking that would dispel any suggestion he was looking for sex work. Instead, the border officers took that as suspicious.

A clean phone is suspicious. Changing your passwords is also suspicious.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

My history teacher had to sign a paper declalring that he is not now, nor has he ever been a communist. So really this is way overdue. 50% communist party now.

And he was government mandated to teach that Americanism is superior to Communism, with the nebulous "Americanism" never defined.

tacodaemon posted:

does "looking for loads" have some non-sexual (and non-trucking-related) meaning in canada or is it just some non-pro barebacking thing

It has a thick canadian accent, so I can't be sure. I think it's a more polite way to ask "gently caress me hard!"

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

A lot of spouses split registration so they can be involved or at least aware of both parties, even if they both favor only one. Especially so in closed primary states. I'd imagine teachers and their spouse in any state are more likely to engage politically like this.

I rate this plan 5/5 hitlers for intent, but 1/5 hitlers for effectiveness.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

There was just a mass shooting up in Canada you know, and they've been agitating for years for us to pay to built a pipeline so they can sell oil to the Chinese. These are a suspicious and potentially dangerous people!

A lot of Canadian literature involves sex with animals too, usually bears. Not a clean and wholesome people

The SCRUFF app is dedicated to arranging meetings with bears. This checks out.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I've spent many years playing pokemons and I wish Matt Lauer would look in a mirror one day and see what he really is.

I've spent many years perfecting my curried red lentil soup and I wish Matt Lauer would look in a mirror one day and see what he really is.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

DeVos is a very dim ideologue and it's pointless to speculate on her (very lilkely bizarre) reasoning because she has no record or experience. Maybe she's a michelle bachmann 'hides in the bushes in legit fear of violent gays' evangelical, and was just looking out for her own personal safety.

There are no predictable boundaries with a grizzly-bears-in-schools lunatic.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I think we're all way overthinking it. DeVos has no idea what her duties are nor how to run the department. Maybe she wanted the Justice department to do it because she just legit doesn't know the procedure to do it, and doesn't care to learn.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

A preview of the next call to Enrique Pena Nieto. Where Trump will again casually threaten to invade Mexico.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quadrophrenic posted:

who's that kid who like ran some website and got a press credential, he tucked in his tie

it's surprisingly hard to google

In deepthroat voice: Follow the twinks.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The Nastier Nate posted:

Follow-up question, how do we plan on enforcing transgender bathroom laws?

Do we hire a bathroom attendant for every bathroom in every shopping mall, zoo, library, etc that asks to see your junk when you walk in? If so I approve of it as a jobs-stimulus bill.

Enforcement is irrelevant. The laws are intended to spread the false idea that trans people are predators, increase the stigma they face, and encourage violence toward an already vulnerable community.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

So much for the tolerant lift...

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

prefect posted:

A Republican congressman from Arizona defended the construction of a barrier on the U.S.-Mexico border by arguing that a nuclear weapon could be smuggled across a porous border in a bale of marijuana.

Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ), whose district is just over 100 miles away from the U.S.-Mexico border, referenced the illicit drug trade in a discussion Wednesday with CNN’s Brianna Keilar on President Donald Trump’s proposed border wall.

“The reality, Brianna, is that we have to measure all of the costs, ancillary and otherwise, and make the best decision that we can. But I can suggest to you that there are national security implications here for a porous border,” Franks said. “We sometimes used to make the point that if someone wanted to smuggle in a dangerous weapon, even a nuclear weapon, into America, how would they do it? And the suggestion was made, ‘Well, we'll simply hide it in a bale of marijuana.’”

The nuclear bomb will be hidden in a bale of marijuana, which will be nested in a wagon of aborted fetuses for sale, which will be carried on a flatbed truck full of illegal gay sex. The driver of this truck will be Elizabeth Warren, sometimes known as Pocahontas. This smuggling will be funded by ACORN and Nancy Pelosi. Illegals will be holding on to the underneath of the flatbed on their way to sanctuary cities. Elizabeth Warren, sometimes known as Pocahontas, will run down any angel mom she passes on her way to the delivery zone in Scottsdale.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I never understood why, in these scenarios, the GOP solution always involves making fingernail-torture completely legal instead of saaaaaaay a brave American accepting whatever legal consequences go along with illegally torturing a person in order to save the millions of lives.

Like poo poo man sometimes Jack Bauer drives the wrong way on the highway in order to catch the brown man of the week too, does that mean we should declare the national highway system a free for all?

Privatize it and make it a state's rights issue.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

deadgoon posted:

is squizzle okay

The joose is loose

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I've got rants in my pants, and I needs me that sweet POTUS Wednesday evening tantrum.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I don't know how you can be a jewish person and not be able to quickly and concisely explain what compartmentalization is, and how it relates to bigotry.

Yes, we get it, Ivanka is 'one of the good ones.' Trump is still anti-Semitic as gently caress.

Ben Carson is also 'one of the good ones.' Trump still hates black people.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Jimmy Fallon made Kevin Hart ride a roller coaster for lols. And he made the low-hanging-fruit short joke. The more exposure to him I have, the less I like him.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

If the white supremacists lay claim to Queensrÿche, I will fly into a murderous rage.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Has POTUS made the entire federal government sign a Trump-style non-disclosure/lifetime non-disparagement contract yet? He's done it for all his employees and subcontractors for decades because he can't take even the teeny tiniest bit of criticism or honest about his lovely and illegal business practices.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Let's muse over the coming immigration court apocalypse. The whole thing is worth a read, and like everything else Trump the overall message is 'Nobody knows what the gently caress. To keep things functional we'll probably violate everybody's rights.'

https://www.buzzfeed.com/zoetillman/backlogged-immigration-courts-pose-problems-for-trumps-plans?utm_term=.woya93zx9#.km1VAB0PA

quote:

The administration hasn’t announced plans to increase the number of immigration judges or to provide more funding and resources. It also isn’t clear yet if immigration judges and court staff are exempt from a government-wide hiring freeze that Trump signed shortly after he took office. There are 73 vacancies in immigration courts, out of 374 judgeships authorized by Congress.
For now, Attorney General Jeff Sessions is in control. The attorney general signs off on all immigration judge appointments. Sessions also has the authority to overrule decisions by the Board of Immigration Appeals.
Greg Chen, director of advocacy for the American Immigration Lawyers Association, said the group is watching to see if Sessions — a proponent of hardline immigration policies — moves to bring in judges who align with his views.
Political screening is a sensitive issue for the immigration courts. The Justice Department’s inspector general concluded in a 2008 report that department officials improperly adopted a political test for immigration judges during the second Bush administration.
“We would hope that kind of ideology doesn’t infect the process,” Chen said.

So what's the bet? A system purposefully broken even worse to justify stripping due process from immigrants, or a Dubya-style Liberty U stuffing of incompetent white supremacist judges?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

siquesture...siquesture.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Has a protest group claimed responsibility for the flags? Because this is CPAC - they might have been sincere and intended to be supportive of Trump.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Current headlines at AARP's Politics section: (not updated to reflect today's news)

quote:

Your Medicare Benefits: What’s at Stake
In-depth report on the debate in Washington

Tell Congress to Protect Medicare
Our goal is to protect that promise — for you and for future generations

Why Medicare Matters

We’ll Fight For Medicare
AARP will vigorously oppose cuts to your benefits

Help Protect Medicare

Medicare Resource Center

We Stand on Principle, Not Politics
Safeguarding your health — and protecting Medicare — is one of our top goals

Let's Unite Behind Social Security

Retirement Plans At Risk
Congress takes aim at new savings programs

Age Tax Is Unfair and Unaffordable
Doctors’ bills and insurance costs could go up for many older Americans.

The Medicare Debate: The Players
The future of Medicare rests in the hands of a small group with widely differing views

The town halls aren't going to get any easier.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

There is an entire industry of idiots and ideologues acting in bad faith to feed bad information and propaganda to King Idiot, so that King Idiot will make terrible decisions and think they are good ones. Except King Idiot is the entire republican party.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

Ultimately what matters most is that the burning army has taken over local parties every were. You can vote in buttgeiger or timmithy pezdispenser but that doesn't change the fact the base is radicalizing

I wouldn't call increased participation and motivation radicalization. Unless there are waves of coordinated bomb threats aimed at conservative fundie locations I'm unaware of.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Phone posted:

Trump administration is radicalizing Democratic voters, creating a challenge for the party, Rep. Adam Schiff says

As protests spread over policy announcements from the Trump administration, Democrats must work to encourage participation in politics, but face a danger of the party becoming too radicalized, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Burbank) said Tuesday.

“The radical nature of this government is radicalizing Democrats, and that’s going to pose a real challenge to the Democratic Party, which is to draw on the energy and the activism and the passion that is out there, but not let it turn us into what we despised about the tea party," Schiff said.

january 31st, 2017.

From the same article:
Ever since the election, party leaders have been debating: "Did we lose because we were too far to the left and we had too small a tent, or did we lose because we are too mainstream and didn’t energize the base?" Schiff asked.

Come on. Democrat leadership asks, "Are we too far left? Is our 3 million vote margin of victory proof of too small a tent? What if our base radicalizes and protests uncomfortably peacefully next election? How will our donors be placated?"

I will accept shootings, bombings or bomb threats, or assassinations as proof of radicalization. Not democrat voters making party leadership uncomfortable.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Also from that dumb article:
“The more radical the administration is, the more radicalized our base becomes, which just feeds the Breitbart crowd, and who knows where that ends.”

Liberals should worry about the Brietbart crowd like gays worry about feeding ammo to Scott Lively and his ilk through effective legal political action - which is to say not at all. They'll just make stuff up when there's a lack of controversy. Schiff's attitude is crippling his party.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

We've had a longstanding policy of appeasement, but should we be appeasing Republicans even harder to avoid a schism in our party?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

In the wake of Buttgeig's loss, a new butt appears to save us all

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

4 years of Trump is going to throw so many winning issues to the democrats, and they're going to squander every one.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Diamond and Silk also get paid in the form of their youtube channel or whatever getting a shitload more views, or at least that's probably how it was planned. Not sure how much increase they have seen

Their website sells a bunch of cheap Diamond & Silk monogrammed crap, too.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

deadgoon posted:

how come there's no GOP thread for republican activism

where are my fellow republicans

You'll have to settle for grass roots activism, like those guys calling in coordinated bomb threats to JCCs and synagogues.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Kubo and the Two Strings was robbed. I blame Obama.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

deadgoon posted:

i seriously want to hurt someone

deadgoon posted:

very badly, in a way that will hurt them for the rest of their life

Have you considered being Type II diabetes? or a catholic?

(though I don't recommend the latter)

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

It's cool that when I click a big arrow I don't gotta read poo poo inbetweens.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

This election was poo poo. I'm just gonna play video games for a while.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

La La Land is better than Moonlight, sayz dumb stupid bitches.

La La Land was taior made to appeal to white jewish people. It's not even a work of art. It's just the dick that appears under your stall at an american airport restroom. And you don't want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

OhFunny posted:

Can't wait for the Soviet style collapse as we fund literally nothing but the military.

Republicans have dreamed of going back in time and re-litigating the Civil Rights movement to a different end, but instead we're going back in time to re-litigate the Cold War where Russia wins decisively.

• Locked thread