Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Tonetta posted:

So I googled what really started ww2 and cli ked the second video guess how long it took for them to blame the jews

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=l_v3C6TGIVM

Longer than I thought it would, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

gradenko_2000 posted:

Isn't antagonizing the FBI kind of a bad idea given that they're the big player (well okay the Sessions DOJ too I guess) in whether or not this administration goes down on any number of charges?

Name one smart thing Donald Trump has done since he became president. This is right in line with all his other choices.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

and i must meme posted:

Is there actually any practical way to get rid of billionaires?

An agreement that whenever a non-billionaire sees one they will immediately try to kill them. Once they have to rely on robotic intermediaries they'll be much less effective.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The day of the ritual is upon us, friends. If you're not lighting one up and cracking open a cold one in a way that harms Donald Trump, then you're failing in your duty as a global citizen.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Sir Tonk posted:

met a girl that was convinced this video showed how the illuminati controlled the record industry.

hte illuminati's failure to exist is proof that they're even more diabolically secret than originally thought

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

punchymcpunch posted:

if the illuminati did not exist we would have to invent them whoa

The New Illuminati welcomes everyone, but while you're plotting at the big table you have to put on a fake beard. Even if you've already got a beard.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Squizzle posted:

friendo do you not know gnosticism

I feel like killing the Demi-Urge so we can free everyone from the Lie is probably a few steps further than Alt.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

God is real, but she's a woman and her name is Eris. Fnord.

That's just an insulting misunderstanding of multiple religions. Shame. Shaaame.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Lastgirl posted:

she's really not helping with this stupid movie :cry:

That's actually a quoate about dicks.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

quadrophrenic posted:

why would bannon just reach over and pat someone on the leg

that's not even a power move or anything, it's just weird

"This is real, this is happening, you're awake right now." It's just a non-standard power move because most of the time people don't have to be convinced.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Nitrousoxide posted:

Meanwhile it's 70 in DC.

It's ~amazing~ and I'm going to pretend there are no possible downsides thank you very much.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

He's going to try to bring back nobility, with his family as the Royals. The rich are already hosed up enough from inbreeding for it to work.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Everything must suffer under Capitalism friend.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

jarofpiss posted:

i hope the new EO is you get deported for smokin weed now

Deported where? Unless they're going to divide me into like thirty-secondths I'm not native to any continent but North America.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Admiral Ray posted:

wait is it peter thiel bleeding out those cribs crabs

not unless they're teenagers, no

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Feminasty Slut posted:

I read this and the take away I got is "Its a lot cheaper if you just die."

:capitalism:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

All agencies: "None, you fat bitch"

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Regular Nintendo posted:

They should meet for a photo op so they can be killed with one bullet. Fiscal responsibility

No way a bullet that travels through Ken gets all the way through Joe or vice versa. Being a massive shitfuck has it's perks.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Admiral Ray posted:

on the off chance i survive nuclear war it's gonna be super weird to tell new people that donald trump was elected because people wanted a better life

if you're not making poo poo up about Godzillas and Hitlers and the super human powers of those that came before (and how you can access them by smoking these herbs and eating these mushrooms) your tribe is going to be absolutely hosed when my tribe encounters them

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

GobiasIndustries posted:

I wonder how things are going in the alternate timeline where Hillary won WI MI & PA. Seems like best case scenario would be a 50-50 Senate plus Trump screaming every day about voter fraud.

Alt-Trump got helicoptered and everyone cheered.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Friendly reminder that it isn't unseasonably warm out necessarily because of GLOBAL WARMING just like when republicans deny it exists whenever it is unseasonably cold.

GLOBAL WARMING is more fun though.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

i love teen vogue. guess i better start working on my spanish. Yo gusta marijuana compadre! no, wait, why are you shooting me, loving cartels.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Tonetta posted:

Boy i'm sure glad I am white in tyool 2017

Looking forward to our privilege protecting me and my husband until we die peacefully of old age. Picking easy mode was the right choice, I'd have never lasted on medium or hard.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

When Fox was being really antagonistic leading up to 2012 Obama's people made some vague noises about how they'd only let actual journalists attend the press gaggles/briefings. Everyone immediately said, no no no, Fox News has news in it, don't censor journalists etc. because we were still a democracy. This is Bauer limply returning the favor, and exhibiting more backbone than most of his colleagues are capable of.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

tenderjerk posted:

I think accelerationism was a much easier pill to swallow when it was far more hypothetical scenario and no one seriously thought turnp would win

Also at least one of the big proponents of it (Quidam Victor (spelling)) had a pretty serious cancer and isn't around anymore. Hopefully he went out smoking a bunch of weed.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm still all for the the acceleration toward the mutual downfall of the US and the rest of the world as long as Trump and his followers get swept away in the all consuming nuclear hellfire.

They're the ones best prepared to weather the storm and come out alive. They're also the ones least likely to create civilization. One of the dudes was literally "I'm a pretty smart guy. I see myself in a leadership position, or at least an assistant. Not a slave, anyway." because of course his ideal post-apocalyptic society has slaves. The people likeliest to survive the apocalypse are the ones nobody else likes.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

SpaceGoku posted:

yeah our border is going to become even more porous if they ramp up hiring

we thought the heroin epidemic was bad now, it will be nothing compared to what it's like when we lose the ACA and Jack Dildo, rookie CBP agent, gets a $10,000 "bonus" from drug cartels to let them smuggle in tractor trailers full of heroin

Jack Dildo made the right choice, they'd have killed his husband and children otherwise. Going to be a shitload of sympathetic ICE agents who 'just miss' illegal immigrants going forward. Smart thing to do is flood the system with ringers and do what you would have done anyways only now you've got a badge and a gun. If it works for white supremacists no reason it can't work for good people.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

euphronius posted:

How long till journalists are murdered .

A month?

lol, you remember when the most critical of Trump's biographers died?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

SpaceGoku posted:

theoretically

you may need to take power drills to dude's kneecaps, and you'd be at risk of having your head (sans body) show up somewhere if you gently caress up

but yeah

yeah, the smart play is to be totally by the book and let the your crooked superiors move you to a sinecure position where you'll never catch anyone while the narcos and the corrupt fuckers murder one another

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Admiral Ray posted:

pff like any goons have the social skills to be part of a tribe

what do you think SA is?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

ex post facho posted:

is drinking a 750ml bottle of whiskey by yourself over the course of a weekend considered alcoholism y/n

No, no way. otoh if you're worried about alcoholism you should cut back for a while.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

planet terror style or that one guy on the set of the twilight zone film who jumped into the helicopter blades from above style

Pinochet style. Turns out the alt-right were totally justified in their fear of Hillary, because she's ~amazing~. Cernovich and Jones are leading the last of the frogs in a desperate flight north, but the Canadians have closed the border. One plucky duck is trying to blast it open from the inside, but the odds are heavily stacked against him.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Citizen Tayne posted:

How the gently caress is ken bone only 34

You know how people talk about the weak men at the end of a civilization? They're not talking about dudes who gently caress dudes, they're talking Ken Bone. He's the epitome of what never having to struggle does to a man.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Feminasty Slut posted:

The greatest lie the devil ever told was "sane republicans"

At some point they must have wanted what was best for America though. We wouldn't have been able to win WWII if they were all fascists. (This is true even ignoring the party swap of the 60s.)

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Vladimir Putin posted:

He's not a mentally ill. He's a vigilante that kills because he saw his own family ruthlessly gunned down in front of him. Would you call Batman loving mentally ill? The same thing happened to him just in a different city.

Batman is mentally ill as gently caress, yes. This isn't even up for debate. Half of all characters reactions to Batman is "Holy poo poo, he's just a dude (who has killed multiple gods) in a costume, holy gently caress he's crazier than the guy who can literally go back in time and make it so I was traumatized as a child, holy gently caress he's scary." and the other half are too busy trying to kill the entire Universe to realize he's just some dude in a suit because the only people they interact with on a regular basis are also just dudes in suits. Batman killed entropy, with his insanity, and then killed insanity by saying, "No it's cool, I'm sane as hell". Batman is crazier than the next five craziest people put together.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I'm in DC and while I know I'll pay for it later, the fact that I can wear shorts and a t-shirt and get a tan in February is my idea of paradise.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

zegermans posted:

Badguys in the entire Marvel universe:

"Wait we were allowed to use guns?!"

I mean, they're not great throwing weapons but if that's your thing feel free. You're not allowed to use bullets though, gently caress that noise.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Oxxidation posted:

He's not dead yet but I'll be glad when he is, guy sucked.

I think wishing death on people who have zero power and enjoy shitposting is not cool.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

tenderjerk posted:

I like how we're all "don't these guys know they'll make [x] mad by doing [y]?!?" as though we're ever having an election again

They're so loving stupid they'll have free elections in '20 and be boggled when they lose. Remember, Trump needs love and acclamation more than he needs power because he's a dipshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Vladimir Putin posted:

I just don't think that everything can be fixed or broken in the span of 4 years. Whatever Trump does in terms of climate impact can be stopped in 4 years.

Then you think dumb thoughts. How long do you think it'll take to get a Congress amenable to the idea that the EPA should exist? How long do you think it takes things pumped into the atmosphere in the next four years to dissipate? Things that wouldn't have been pumped into the atmosphere had Trump not won. Basically, long story short, you're dumber than dirt.

• Locked thread