Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
skaven are rad and good

in contrast, stormcast were a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zark the Damned posted:

Hey you AOS guys, enjoy your new logo - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/03/news-codexes-heroes-blood-glorygw-homepage-post-3/

And also the Warqueen (a good figure) and some rattymen for Shadespire.

ratties are good, booby lady is bad

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Shadin posted:

Normally I’d agree but she’s meant to complement this gentleman.

hes bad too. perhaps they should invest in some chainmail or maybe a padded jacket if theyre poor

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

You're behind on the times my friend. GW is Good Now.

alternately, gw is still bad and youre just gullible :shobon:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Shadin posted:

No, I agree. I just see GW get constant poo poo, and as far as I can tell they're no worse in product quality and generally Making poo poo I Wanna Buy than any other companies out there in the same industry.

gripping beast is my platonic ideal of wargame company that i like to give money to

dunno if i really want to get into why i think gw is still bad here, it will just devolve into the usual suspects trotting out the same old arguments and hot takes on both sides. there is a death thread buried somewhere in this subforum that would be a better place for it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booyah- posted:

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but if anyone is interested in buying just the Shadespire skeleton minis and not the cards, PM me because I would like to sell an extra set of models.

ps if youre still trying to get rid of these, i do like me some skellie mans. not everything gw does is the worst, and the new bonebois are extremely my poo poo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the correct answer here is to not go into gw stores

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Are those literally recasted Tomb Kings skellys? How bizarre.

theyre similar but i dont think theyre recasts

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

moths posted:

Dumb question, but what are "the mortal realms?"

think of them as four reality balls on the edge of the warp

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

SRM posted:

That's what liquid green stuff is for!

Are there any bits in the WHFB/AOS ranges that resemble a drinking horn? Looking for musician bits to fit the theme of my free company militia.

you could liberate 2 fine drinking horns from this degenerate

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Imagine if instead of that they just didn’t break beastmen up

you want the moon on a stick

:haw:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zuul the Cat posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of a direct avatar, like the Avatar of Khaine from 40k. Obviously you have the champions - Bloodthirsters, GUO, Lords of Change and whatever Slaanesh has. Probably some giant boob with other boobs on it.

its called a keeper of secrets you loving philistine

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
its cool to see gw generously spending tens of dollars on prize support for its big push to get everyone buying more poo poo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

berzerkmonkey posted:

Say you got it as a gift and it's not an army you own. Return it. Come in a few hours later. Rebuy it. Problem solved.

thats a whole lot of work for the chance to get a loving wristband. only if theyre a slap bracelet would i consider it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Setting is recently starting to get better explained.

Honestly this new video is pretty much required viewing to understand the setting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

its worse than i had imagined

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Tiger Millionaire posted:

WHFB lore was all generic fantasy poo poo, the age of sigmar lore reads like it is a mish mash of every cultures creationist legends and fuckin owns.

thanks for making the dumbest post in the thread, i will enshrine it in the op for all to behold your awful opinion

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
im the thinly veiled homoeroticism

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booyah- posted:

I'm pretty disappointed that all four of those new malign portents heroes are $35 each. I really wanted to paint a couple of them but it tough to justify that cost.

sorry but that pricing scheme is gonna be the new normal going forward

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
lets be clear, its 35 bucks for a single inch and a half tall infantry model, not a regiment box or war machine

its not unreasonable to think thats too much

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Z the IVth posted:

In all fairness the outlay per hero is likely to be at least 25% of a unit box and they'll be selling at most 1 hero per 2 unit boxes. You can't really compare them as 28mm to 28mm figures directly.

Whether the current premium accurately reflects the production and logistics cost is another matter though.

wyrd manages to price their plastic multipart monopose 32mm heroic scale single figure packs for around 11 bucks and still keep the lights on. but of course im sure gw is being totally fair with their pricing

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
ive know quite a few people who showed initial interest in gw games but were turned off completely by the expense. more customers paying less is a better business model than less customers paying more, usually. but hey, theres enough people willing to pay what gw wants to keep food on their table so good for them

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Serotonin posted:

Some wip on my daughter and I's joint sylvaneth project

https://twitter.com/amrypooins/status/960134268340068352?s=09

She's just washed another ten dryads then I'm going to teach her dry brushing

i love this by the way :kimchi:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
they look great and being a father/daughter project makes it an order of magnitude better

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

muggins posted:

Man I spent $85 to get the MP book, cards, white dorf, and the goblin

the shareholders thank you

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yall should simmer down a bit, its just fiction designed to sell overpriced grey plastic and not worth getting all worked up about

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

FromTheShire posted:

I'm looking for the flaming sword from the plastic Empire Wizard/ Battlemage box for a kitbash and hoping to avoid buying the entire kit if possible. Any chance someone has a spare they're willing to part with?

if you cant find anyone with a spare, try looking at bits resellers before you resort to buying a whole kit for one piece

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
what shapeways lady heads?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

He's also kind of a dick? He told people to stop buying Stormcast, and to ban them from events.

Looking at most of his answers, he's clearly so bitter they let him go.

in a shocking twist, it looks like it is you who is the dick!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
sounds like a dethklok song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Pily0uyLs

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
anyone got a line on a 100x150mm square base for my cute lil terrorgeist?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

He does not look small. The guy himself is like three times of one the normal elves. And that is ignoring the Wave Cloak and everything else about him.

he looks to be on par sizewise with the mortarch kit, which is already absurdly priced at 80 bucks. slapping an extra 30 bucks ontop of that price doesnt seem justified outside of horrible impulsive nerds will pay it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Pendent posted:

Thanquol is still around?

yea he posts a lot in the painting thread

:twisted:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zuul the Cat posted:

Dude down at the shop today had one of the best looking freeguild armies I’ve ever seen. Had to set some shots to share.

holy poo poo thats a $texas of brazangas besiegers! dogs of war are the coolest squatted faction no one remembers

thats also a fantastic looking army btw

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yea these are the pavise xbow dudes

there are some listings on ebay for them right now, roughly 170 bucks for 9, so slightly less than current gw model pricing

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

dexefiend posted:

Painting progress cross post

some nice lookin sweaty bois you got there. now only ~190 to go right?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

zeal posted:

i wish there were a way to run idoneth allied with death. fish aelves and the vengeful ghosts of the drowned would have a lot of neat modeling opportunities

i guess by definition the seas of the deepkin are pretty ghost-free though

there is, you just do it and ignore the official fluff because who loving caaaaares about that?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
at least theyve finally managed to suppress the weird furry art showing up in gis of seraphon

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

The insight thats sticking with me from the review is the observation that AoS is closer to Conan than it is LotR.

quote:

This is less the low fantasy warfare of the past, and more akin to almost Conan-like works with entirely new concepts to them.

except the hyborian age is the quintessential low fantasy setting, so this man seems confused

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
calling conan a hero is a stretch. hes more of a dirtbag and scoundrel who wins the day by gritting his teeth and hewing through people with his sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
late 90s early 00s were prime gw tiddy model time

• Locked thread