Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Seems normal for GW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I thought pretty much everything about AoS was dumb when it launched, but the more work they put into it the better it gets. It's moving up the list of games I really want to start pretty quickly.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

ghosties look neat but yawn more sigmarines. i guess constantly pushing their lovely mary sue faction as hard as they have been works on certain people

also legit wondering if the deepkin book that just released will be compatible with the new edition

JBP posted:

Yeah I bought that book and an akhelian king...

They said that everything is compatible and nothing is being re-released, but there's a new General's Handbook coming out so I assume stuff is subject to change and might be better or worse depending on how big the systems changes are (the trailer mentioned no shooting out of combat, is that a big deal for any of the units?).

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Stormcast faction focus is up, goes into the Sacrosanct models.

I dig the warscroll they previewed, a wizard suicide bomber.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/15/15th-may-faction-focus-stormcast-eternalsgw-homepage-post-3/

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

zeal posted:

drat me but i like the look of the nerdcast eternals

I do too, I'm probably going to build up both halves of the starter set. Muscle wizards are cool, even if ghosts are cooler.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Booyah- posted:

Are those the Alchemy paints? I'm not sure if they're meant to be mixed or are just colored metallics to stand on their own.

I think the alchemy paints are specific paints that come in each set that are meant to be mixed in with the others for different tones.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

They're also selling all the shadespire warbands without the cards and giving them rules for use in AoS. They don't seem too awful, either.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bombogenesis posted:

My will is weak. I wanted to wait for the awesome new lady stormcasts but I was at the FLGS and had store credit and :negative:

You can always use them together!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Serotonin posted:

Is that a command point a turn or once a game

It's ambiguous, but given the warscroll batallion bonus is only on the first turn I imagine this is similarly one extra point per game.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

They really need to rip the bandaid off and either get rid of those legacy minis or fully integrate them into other armies

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Team_q posted:

I bought a box of black orks a decade ago, for a 40k conversion. I've been out of the games since then.

If I was to paint 'em up for Sigmar, what would they count as?

Ironjawz, probably.

This is what they look like in the start collecting box:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I hope it is more like, "Oh, my Khaine Cult is from the Beast Universe, so the Slaughter Priest has this rad magic club."

The more stuff they put out, the more I assume the realm rules are for narrative games as opposed to matched play. That way you'd theoretically know what realm you're fighting in before hand because it's part of a story.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TKIY posted:

Maggotkin generate Contagion Points and already have summoning rules to use them. 21pts for a GUO for instance. Up to now though, they'd also require reinforcement points so no one used them.

Death doesn't have an alternate points system in LoN though. Not sure how they will work.

The LoN article is up and it's just the Endless Legions ability, but you can use it as many times in a turn as you want to spend command points on it

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/24/24th-may-faction-focus-legions-of-nagashgw-homepage-post-3/

I'm into that stupid 480 skeleton attack combo

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lol how is that guy so mad about like two sentences of a preview that says LoN will get access to some night haunt units

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

What faction is the Coven Throne?

Besides its keywords, it's in the Legions of Nagash book so you can run it with them too.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I like the Malign Portents stories but I wish they were more than "poo poo's bad for everyone everywhere".

I guess you could say I want more than... malign portents.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Looks like you just pick what realm you want your army to be from.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/30/30th-may-rules-preview-artefacts-of-the-realmsgw-homepage-post-2/

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Stormcast could use some more good units

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I don't think you should hope too hard for the faction allegiances to get changed. GW probably doesn't see it as a problem like we do, or even if they do they'd rather just sell you old models until new stuff comes out.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I love how everything is all floaty. Dunno if I want to carry them around though.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Thundercloud posted:

Basically the pics from all the stuff for the new starter set is out except the books.

Same number of miniatures as the old starter basically, but much better done, particularly the Death characters.

Hopefully it'll still be £75.

Where are the pictures? Are you just talking about all the stuff we've seen over the last few weeks, or is there a new leak?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That box set is going to be expensive as hell if they're throwing a bigass hardcover book in

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SteelMentor posted:

Looks to be the same as the 40k starter, it has the exact same layout and included hardback.

Oh, cool, I had only picked up second-hand bits from that on ebay. That's about what I expected, then.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Injuryprone posted:

"There’s even a set of Pitched Battle profiles, giving you the points you need to use your endless spells in matched play"

Uhhhhh

The ones with models cost points to have in your army.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

dexefiend posted:

Sigmarines painted in the Tamiya Blue/Green Alpha Legion style...

Any thoughts? I think it would work.

Green-blue looks alright!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Not as good as the Farstriders that were just posted here, but I'm proud of them anyway.

I think I'm going to do my full army in a dark blue metallic. Basically the Celestial Knights scheme but in metal.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jun 5, 2018

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

sigmarines look dumb because of their stupid helmets and pauldrons, not because of their official paint scheme

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Depending on the points cost, I might switch my Stormcast battleline from all Liberators to a mix of Liberators/Sequitors. A 4+ rerollable save sounds pretty ok as long as they're not standing in front of something with high rend.

Milotic posted:

Is there anything in the current starter set that won’t be purchasable from GW as a separate kit when the starter set is replaced? I’m thinking like all the unique kits in Dark Vengeance (heavy weapon cultists, monopose Helbrute, Chosen)

You currently can't buy Lord Relictors on the Stormcast end, IDK about the Khorne stuff.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Aren't Lord Relictors valuable to most Stormcast list?

Yeah, they're really good. It's stupid and I hope they start selling them (and not for like 35 dollars).

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I can't even find the Warscroll for the Khorgorath.

It's on the page for the starter set.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Age-Sigmar-Box-ENG

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Those "saved you a click!" bundles were the most insulting poo poo.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Shadin posted:

Depending on how well the box set sells though, you need to be OK with only getting $50 per side. It didn’t take long at all for Dark Imperium armies to hit that price.

Maybe it's because the Sigmar starters are old, but I had a hell of a time getting the Stormcast half of that box for under 60. I just recently lucked out and got two halves shipped for around ~100.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

JBP posted:

I wish they'd use the old names as well as the copyright ones. Do characters still say imperial guard at the very least when in casual conversation?

I believe so, like the IG is just part of the Astra Militarum or whatever

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

LordAba posted:

I believe someone else made the "Guillermo del Toro" reference, but I second it. Look good!

EDIT: Though I dunno about stabbing books. I've just been reading them. Maybe I'm wrong.

Look, one of you is magic and the other isn’t

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

GreenMarine posted:

BTW, my gaming group does featured battle reports:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec8K0hgjlHs

I may play in a future one.

Oh hey, I've been watching their stuff. I really like them, The Path to Glory videos are great.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I had just started putting together a Lizardmen army before AoS... happened. What's going on with the whole Seraphon thing? Most of what I hear sounds reeaaaally stupid. Is there more to it than it looks or might it be something they'll be backpedalling/redoing in the second edition?

They're probably not going to change anything, but you can just play your lizardmen.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If nothing else, my LGS said that the starter is 160, the Malign Sorcery box is 85, and the GHB is 35.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I ordered two sets of the Stormcast half of the 1e starter and the guy sent me 4.

What the hell am I gonna do with all these mounted Celestants?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Is the skirmish mode for AoS any good? It would solve a lot of faction ADD problems for me.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SteelMentor posted:

Oh man, that's some classic ghost design. Love the barely visable skull face, the twisting roses, the twin ghost scrunts.

I like how much the design evokes a wedding dress/bridal veil, too (also a sheet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The legions of nagash book says you can only take units in that book but the dev team mentioned that you will be able to use “most” of the nighthaunt units there so I assume there will be rules to that effect in their book or a faq or something

• Locked thread