Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Julio Cruz posted:

Lobov-Swanson is a fight that's crying out for the return of Steve Mazzagatti.

(also, has his Wikipedia page been deleted or did he just never get one?)

How about that ref who let someone be choked into the next emanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Does anyone think Woodley/Thompson II will play out any different?

i think tyron woodley will use the power of friendship with super sage to charge up a potent spirit bomb to finish thompson

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bundt Cake posted:

Bisping can get hosed hes stupid and its really dumb whats happenning, but also im enjoying how weird it is. conflicted

I know right?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Triticum Guzzler posted:

now michael bisping faces his toughest challenge: not saying the illegal f word in the buildup to his most visible fight

lol

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

I.N.R.I posted:

That pisses me off

What, you don't like watching men engage in gladiatorial combat for their livelihoods?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
my opinion on mark hunt and race is that he would probably not win one

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
i fell asleep during woodley wonderboy. should i bother to rewatch it? sure doesn't seem like it from the last couple of pages.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

JaySB posted:

Eddie would sub Bisping within 5 minutes of regulation.

Believe it or not, Bisping's first sport was BJJ (when he was 8) and he is a brown belt rather than a black primarily because he doesn't focus on gi bjj training. But Eddie doesn't really focus on that either. I think a Bisping Bravo grappling match might be more interesting than you're thinking.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Bisping did Japanese jiu jitsu as a child iirc, which is like a UFC 1-3 "martial art" which is to say entirely taught and studied by fat old men trying to show off to children, or children

Ah, his wiki entry didn't make that clear.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Jota posted:

I prefer when Brendan Schaub Nate Quarry'd in his match with Cyborg and decided it meant he won and that he shut down Cyborg's submission game and bragged about it for months

i think you mean kailib starnes'd. nate was the non sucker in that fight.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

It's OK, a car just backed over him.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

chaleski posted:

Also it's gonna be funny when Ben Rothwell comes back in four years at 40 years old and goes right back to being a top ten-ish heavyweight.

you can't lose a step when you've never taken two in a row uninterrupted to begin with

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fozzy The Bear posted:

hahaha You only get probation for making fun of mobn.

why are you so fixated. post about mma.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

oh man redman is fighting atkins method man?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Trast posted:

I remember the poster where the fighters were war painted in their nation's colors against a white background, that was good looking. Was that one of the Weidman/Silva fights?

I'm pretty sure that that was a McGregor fight. Can't find it though.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The other go-to hilarious diet plan item was when BJ mentioned that he had to go on a diet and eat things like chicken salad, a dish that is like...half mayonnaise (h/t fatherdog I think)

remember when brock lesnar was constantly talking about turning chicken poo poo into chicken salad on tuf

edit: damnit, thats what i get for walking away before posting

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Or they didn't care about the Reebok deal as long as it led to the sale. Zuffa seemed intent on getting uniforms. Like, in the short term, if you're trying to cash out for 4 billion dollars why worry about 70 million?

This is my intuition too, but really no one is going to know what truly happened until someone writes a tell-all in a few years.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

jay z's sedan posted:

Cody brings a small child into the ring with him after every fight then ritualistically murders them and eats their liver and genitals.

Cody "darken rahl" garbrandt

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Rigel posted:

http://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/vitor-belfort-has-an-idea-for-legends-of-ufc-to-keep-fighting-and-stay-relevant/

lol, Vitor Belfort thinks the UFC should start 3 legends divisions ("light", "medium" and "heavy", whatever that means) for old fighters with different rules: 3 minute rounds with 90 seconds rest between rounds, no knees or elbows, ground is limited to 30 seconds.

Isn't this just a vaguely worse shootboxing or sanda with slightly more ground time??

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Work Friend Keven posted:

Like for real did you stop posting because you were frozen in ice and just thawed out and immediantly ran back to your computer to talk about all the hottest topics of four years ago.

captain log died and then came back to life and then died again

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

An Old Anderson Silva vs a man who beat a New Anderson Silva.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
kelvin vs anderson is a cool fight and i think it will be fun. kelvin is aggressive but controlled and that will hopefully draw anderson out a bit more so we get some cool striking action.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Regardless, dick got the w. Rogan tapped. He's gonna have that stain on his record for the rest of his life.

a lot of people probably feel stained with andy dick, unfortunately.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

El Roncho posted:

I want a full blown Drug League where guys represent the gear they're on rather than any martial art. We could find out The Ultimate Enhancer.

finally, the scientific portion of safta will be redeemed

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

TheCool69 posted:

Peter Sobotta claims that Emil "Palhares killer" Meek is ducking him..

he has made a mistake, small balls are one of the best bases for fighting

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

david carmichael posted:

There was a judo guy who posted about how bending the toes was the most devastating move in history. I must have confused you with him. Apologies

that was icihbahn

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

...and the pitch! posted:

And it goes through the big toe? That doesn't sound very efficient.

the archangel michael blows your soul into your left nostril when you come out of your mom. the body is very complicated.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

imo the greatest advantage of all would be if you were half the size of a normal person but somehow twice as dense, like you cut from 190 to make the welterweight limit but you're only 3'0" tall. I can't explain exactly why I think this but I'm sure a fighter like that would be unbeatable

We did this in mma playground. We had a league called Marble Fighting Championships and it was all fighters with the weight slider all the way up and the height slider all the way down. There were a lot of gas outs and kos.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

LobsterMobster posted:

Derrick Lewis might fight Mark Hunt in New Zealand

maybe he was getting too much sex at home

There's no way this isn't extremely one-sided, right?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

outy posted:

If you were unlucky enough to miss Marc Diakiese vs Teemu Packalen at the weekend:

https://oddshot.tv/s/QDtlAd

And I came across a 2 post thread on Reddit that made me laugh:

ffffffuck. the jungle movements hypnotized that internet poster into forgetting the last 40 years of race relations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

I.N.R.I posted:

that's one of the fighters

Negus82 is a fighter?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ok, inri just misread my post then. i am glad i did not misuse the time treasured jungle movements meme.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

JaySB posted:

I think "Cockholder" is probably better than "Cockyhold" but what do I know

It seems like he wanted to call him cocky and not call him gay, so i don't think your suggestion really works. Werdum is a very progressive poo poo talker you see.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bundt Cake posted:

being a cockholder doesnt make you gay

i suppose it could be calling him a wanker too. i dont trust just bleed type to make that connection though.

i think too much before i joke :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Why is BJ Penn being allowed to step into the cage again after his last two performances? Does Oklahoma have a real athletic commission that sanctioned this or are they as bad as Texas?

denis siver is also old and is, in addition, bad.

• Locked thread